Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 07:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Typical of Satan to question what God has said. Just like in the garden, thus so now. Eve, you could be wrong about this fruit. Go ahead, try it.

God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all. (1 Tim.2:4-6).
God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe. These things charge and teach. (1 Tim.4:10,11)
Obviously it is the answer.
This is plain daft Eusebabe. So when the many universalists questioned eternal hell and few rather than all being saved, you were not questioning God?.

My testimony is have been set free from the evangelical bible inerrantist eternal hell believing fundamentalist that i was, which stunted my growth in faith towards the things of God. I do not claim to have all the truth, but having been set free from the mindset i possessed being a fundamentalist, i can now at least be open beyond the mindset that there is nothing beyond what i already know and believe.

Where and how did Job learn that is redeemer lived ?. If someone like Job can discover that without a book,how much more those who have been awakened to who Christ is and knowing he is within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is plain daft Eusebabe. So when the many universalists questioned eternal hell and few rather than all being saved, you were not questioning God?.

My testimony is have been set free from the evangelical bible inerrantist eternal hell believing fundamentalist that i was, which stunted my growth in faith towards the things of God. I do not claim to have all the truth, but having been set free from the mindset i possessed being a fundamentalist, i can now at least be open beyond the mindset that there is nothing beyond what i already know and believe.

Where and how did Job learn that is redeemer lived ?. If someone like Job can discover that without a book,how much more those who have been awakened to who Christ is and knowing he is within.
For one, my coming into the realization of God saving all was actually through a better translation called the Concordant Literal New Testament. It did not cause me to question God but rather rejoice that He had revealed this to me through the Scriptures.

How did Job know his Redeemer liveth? The spirit of Christ in him. How do we know our Redeemer lives? Because we have read Job and we have read the accounts in the New Testament.

Paul, the apostle of the nations told us he completed the word of God. All that is in Paul's writings for us are enough to fully equip us to mature to a full mature person in Christ. We don't need private so-called revelations which are spurious at best.

Like I said before, call me when you understand all that Paul wrote to us.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
For one, my coming into the realization of God saving all was actually through a better translation called the Concordant Literal New Testament. It did not cause me to question God but rather rejoice that He had revealed this to me through the Scriptures.

How did Job know his Redeemer liveth? The spirit of Christ in him. How do we know our Redeemer lives? Because we have read Job and we have read the accounts in the New Testament.

Paul, the apostle of the nations told us he completed the word of God. All that is in Paul's writings for us are enough to fully equip us to mature to a full mature person in Christ. We don't need private so-called revelations which are spurious at best.

Like I said before, call me when you understand all that Paul wrote to us.
So if Job can discover it by the spirit of Christ within, why cannot we today?. What you are doing without being aware of it is limiting God to a book, and displaying no faith in Christ within. It is Christ within not the bible within that quickens us and makes us alive to God not alive to the bible, if Christ is not made alive to you, your bible is your biggest hinderance to knowing him and following the way he taught. You may think that a strange thing to say, but it is exactly what happened to his own he came to.

Also tell me this and be honest, do you believe today all the same things that you believed in the past ?.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Typical of Satan to question what God has said. Just like in the garden, thus so now. Eve, you could be wrong about this fruit. Go ahead, try it.

God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all. (1 Tim.2:4-6).
God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe. These things charge and teach. (1 Tim.4:10,11)
Obviously it is the answer.
What am i questioning here ?. That you have always believed the right things ?.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Since you asked: You are guilty.

God will save all mankind because Christ already ransomed all mankind. Get over it and get with the program. Start doing this 1 Timothy 4:10 AND 11.
1) I didn't ask you if I was guilty ... that is your wishful thinking

2) make up your mind .... see that little word which I bold for you that you've quoted:

Quote:
2Ti 3:16-17 All scripture is inspired by God,
and is beneficial for teaching,
for exposure, for correction,
for discipline in righteousness,
(17) that the man of God may be equipped,
fitted out for every good act."
That includes:
The Parable of the Ten Minas .... Luke 19:11-26

The Parable of the Tenants
.... Mark 12:1-12

Warning Against the Teachers of the Law ... Mark 12:38-40

Woes on the Pharisees and the Experts in the Law .... Luke 11:37-54

Revelation 14:10

Matthew 25:30-46

John 3:36

which makes the reason you must ignore any other scriptures that puts 1 Timothy 4:10 AND 11 in proper perspective and context.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
There are many Psalms where David prays for hurt and evil to come upon his enemies. David was a man with bloody hands. He did not understand how to love his enemies. Christ had not yet come into the world. I agree with you, there are many detestable things written in the old Testament. The people who lived thousands of years ago were often rather brutal and believed in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. It is no wonder Jesus seemed like such a radical liberal to the people when he came and preached grace, forgiveness, loving your enemies . . . that was a very RADICAL message. Many were quite angered by it. Many still are.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sadly, bible inerrantists give people plenty of reason to hate God since they say God commanded people to murder, or even that God inspired the psalmist to write this vengeful, angry poem full of hate. According to the bible inerrantist view of scripture, this poem reflects the very nature of God, which gives people plenty of reason to hate God, if that is true.
Exactly. It is astonishing that people cannot understand how to use the bible properly. It is a very dangerous book in the hands of unregenerate men and women.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Since all scripture is inspired by God, that means it was God breathed.
Do you think God would lie to us?
No, but man could, would, and does (i.e., past, present and future).
Just because something is inspired, doesn't make it the entire truth?

Old 07-13-2014, 12:43 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Prove to me Scripture was not dictation by the holy spirit of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Show me that it was.
Quote:
1Pe 1:11-12 searching into what or what manner of era the spirit of Christ in them made evident, when testifying beforehand to the sufferings pertaining to Christ and the glories after these." (12) To whom it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to you they dispensed them, of which you were now informed through those who are bringing the evangel to you by holy spirit dispatched from heaven, into which messengers are yearning to peer."
This is referring to Christ and His apostles. All your cites are from the OT under the veil of ignorance Christ came to lift. Thrill made a cogent observation in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Simply because the god Yahweh in the time of Moses was a man-made pagan god who was later refined into a politically-correct god who loved people a little more than the one of Moses.
Jesus revealed the One true God, hitherto unknown to the Jews.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
1Pe 1:11-12 searching into what or what manner of era the spirit of Christ in them made evident, when testifying beforehand to the sufferings pertaining to Christ and the glories after these." (12) To whom it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to you they dispensed them, of which you were now informed through those who are bringing the evangel to you by holy spirit dispatched from heaven, into which messengers are yearning to peer."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is referring to Christ and His apostles. All your cites are from the OT under the veil of ignorance Christ came to lift. Thrill made a cogent observation in another thread:
Not really. Here is the context:

1Pe 1:10-11 Concerning which salvation the prophets seek out and search out, who prophesy concerning
the grace which is for you, (11) searching into what or what manner of era the spirit of Christ in them
made evident, when testifying beforehand to the sufferings pertaining to Christ and the glories after these."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity