Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:57 PM

550 posts, read 517,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's not at all the same thing as "think the OT worthless since Yeshua came"

It is when scriptures from the OT are posted and the first comment that comes behind it is "Well, we are not under the Old Law"

sounds to me like there are those so-called Christians that don't regard the OT one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 08:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
the old testament is a great teacher. i love it.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 PM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
It is when scriptures from the OT are posted and the first comment that comes behind it is "Well, we are not under the Old Law"

sounds to me like there are those so-called Christians that don't regard the OT one bit.
So are you saying that being a Jew is necessary to being a Christian? Because if you adhere to the Mosaic Law, you are a Jew.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 PM

550 posts, read 517,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So are you saying that being a Jew is necessary to being a Christian? Because if you adhere to the Mosaic Law, you are a Jew.
No, I'm saying the OT and the NT are mutually solid information that shouldn't be disregarded.

** and FYI if you are a Bible believer you are a Jew, period. but sadly there are a multitude of those in the world trying to twist scriptures to fit their own personal molds that "claim" they are Christians but not even close. Or worse, they claim to be "Jew-ish" and put the Talmud and Kaballah in the mix as Holy books in an attempt to usurp the teachings in The Holy Bible when they are nothing but books of witchcraft.

THOSE people will have it the worst when Christ returns. Amen.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:23 AM

250 posts, read 219,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post

Will you answer at least one question? Do you tend the garden of Eden all by yourself or do others help you?

Gen 2:15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Are you building an Ark?

Gen 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes it is. Tanakh is an acronym for the Torah - the first five Books of the Old Testament, the Navi - Prophets (the prophetical Books of the Old Testament), and the Ketuvim - Writings. All these Books make up what we call the Old Testament. Jews don't like the designation - 'Old Testament', but that is how Christians refer to those books. Jews prefer the name Tanakh.

The Tanakh [Full Text] | Jewish Virtual Library
Excerpt:
Though the terms "Bible" and "Old Testament" are commonly used by non-Jews to describe Judaism's scriptures, the appropriate term is "Tanach," which is derived as an acronym from the Hebrew letters of its three components: Torah, Nevi'im and Ketuvim.
Yea...No kidding...But the OT is still not the Tanakh...The two are different...

Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
and the Bible calls him "Jesus", dude.
Whenever you go to a foreign country do you change your name?...

Old 07-13-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Can you show me a text that says she named him Yeshua? The text says "Jesus"-- or the Greek variation of it. It doesn't say Yeshua.
So, He had a Greek name?...He was named Yeshua, because Iesous means nothing in Greek and Jesus means nothing in English, but Yeshua means Ya is Salvation, which is what is in the bible...You can't get "Ya is Salvation" from the breakdown of the Greek or English names when broken down...And He was born a Jew...Do you really think Peter's mother named him Peter?...Or Andrew was named Andrew?...Whatever you're named at birth in the same name where ever you go in the world...It does not change according to the language of the country you are in...My name is Richard and when I went to Spain, guess what my name was?...Richard, not Ricardo, even when written in a Spanish document, it was still Richard...

Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Can you show me a text that says she named him Yeshua? The text says "Jesus"-- or the Greek variation of it. It doesn't say Yeshua.
So, He had a Greek name?...

Old 07-13-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Tnat attitude is the reason the majority mainstream churches are anti-Christ (anti-love) apostate in these "latter days" as prophesied, Richard. They don't think they need to DO the Father's Will (agape love) on earth as it is in heaven.
I see Yeshua as setting the example...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity