Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is because you think God is this arrogant, egotistical, angry War God who is so enraged by our disobedience that he required blood sacrifices of innocents to appease Him until His own Son's crucifixion assuaged His anger and appeased Him. Does that even remotely sound a bit odd to you, jimmie? God is trying to teach us how to mature spiritually so we can control our baser urges in "love of God and each other." He is not angry about anything because anger is a human psychological weakness. Stop thinking that God has our human weaknesses. He doesn't.
No, I'm not bothered by that. Jesus said that's why He came, and the Apostles repeated same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
No . . . it is what is meant by applying logic and reason instead of unreasoning credulity. If you know that someone is NOT a racist and someone attributes racist comments to him . . . would you believe they were actually his comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Faulty logic. The only words of Jesus you know are the ones you read in Scripture. You've never met Him personally. Those who did walk with Jesus (Peter, James, John) repeat His words, including ones you dismiss.
Explain the faulty logic? How do you know who wrote what?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Did the prodigal son miss out on some things that the elder son had, when he was out away from his Father's house? Yes, he did. But the Father still welcomed him when he came to his senses. But what should have been the attitude of the elder son? Also the people referenced to in Galatians who were cast out did have the inheritance taken away from them, yet God still loved them. They were not cast out forever. We are told that all Israel will be saved in the end. (Romans 11) God bless.
Give it up Shana ... I'm not interested in hearing whatever it takes for you to justify universalism.
God will hate the unbeliever who dies in unbelief Psalm 5:5 and John 3:36

and those who promote otherwise are subject to the same hate as an unbeliever because it's a false gospel claim. Galations 1:8-9

I can not say it in any more stronger terms without getting personal.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Twin, I did not post anything that is not scriptural. This is where I come from and I will continue to post, if God allows me to. Why would you get personal? Just stick to the subject and you should not have any problems.

God's love for those who were cast out will overrule any "hate". He is not described as hate and I am still waiting for any scripture that says that He is hate. God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:06 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Give it up Shana ... I'm not interested in hearing whatever it takes for you to justify universalism.
God will eventually damn people for trusting in universalism and those who promote it because it's a false gospel.
A unbeliever who dies as such the wrath of God remains ... end of story.
I can not say it in any more stronger terms without getting personal.
You actually think someone who loves God and follows Christ's commands, who does not willfully sin and repents whenever they do sin, has the wrath of God on them for NOT believing God hates and eternally punishes people????? What a strange God you believe in, Twin.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
TroutDude, is this what you meant by picking and choosing?
It's one example. Your posts have provided hundreds of others.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:09 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin.spin

I believe what Jesus said .... and you are doing your best to distort it to

include the inheritance being given to son of the slave woman Galations
4:30
where God says it will never happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanaBrown

Did the prodigal son miss out on some things
that the elder son had, when he was out away from his Father's house? Yes, he
did. But the Father still welcomed him when he came to his senses. But what
should have been the attitude of the elder son? Also the people referenced to in
Galatians who were cast out did have the inheritance taken away from them, yet
God still loved them. They were not cast out forever. We are told that all
Israel will be saved in the end. (Romans 11) God bless.
Quote:
Give it up Shana ... I'm not interested in hearing whatever it takes for you to
justify universalism.
And please do not say that I am trying to make this thread about Universalism. when there have been many posts on it and you have said nothing. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-30-2014 at 02:21 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 02:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Faulty logic. The only words of Jesus you know are the ones you read in Scripture. You've never met Him personally. Those who did walk with Jesus (Peter, James, John) repeat His words, including ones you dismiss.
Jimmie, Buddha is not God, but he knew to love your enemies without knowing Jesus Christ or reading the scriptures.

Even if thieves carve you limb from limb with a double-handed saw, if you make your mind hostile you are not following my teaching.
Kamcupamasutta, Majjhima-Nikkaya I ~ 28-29

What does this tell us? It tells us if a person seeks after God, God will reveal his way to them. The LORD looketh on the heart not what you label yourself with.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:13 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Explain the faulty logic? How do you know who wrote what?
I asked the same question three pages back.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Twin, I did not post anything that is not scriptural. This is where I come from and I will continue to post, if God allows me to. Why would you get personal? Just stick to the subject and you should not have any problems.

God's love for those who were cast out will overrule any "hate". He is not described as hate and I am still waiting for any scripture that says that He is hate. God bless.
Psalm 5:5 will prove itself because Jesus said so in John 3:36 and Matthew 25:46.

To say otherwise is arrogance against the law of Moses that is even written in the heart and the New Covenant by the blood of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity