Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Those who deny the past physical existence of Jesus and the shedding of His blood for the remission of sins ARE NOT Christian.
Your desperation is showing, brother. You are presuming to judge who is and who is not Christian . . . but that is up to God to decide . . . not you. You cannot see in the hearts and minds of anyone else . . . only God can. Tread lightly, brother. Your pain is considerable . . . but it is blinding you to the truth that God IS love . . . NOT hate. Hate appeals to your human side . . . but that way is weakness.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
And without the shedding of blood no one could comprehend the height and depth of that love. The shed blood became the very basis for understanding His love. Had He not died redemptivly and rose triumphantly, His love message would have gone by the wayside.

You say you "discovered" God's love. I saw it in a way you apparently have not. For scarcely will a man lay down his life for his friends, let alone for his enemies. But when I discovered I was God's enemy---and that His son was sacrificed for me regardless of our mutual enmity, the power of that love was transforming--not just intellectually as Gnostics believe it to be, but in the very depths of my soul.

Getting men saved is not the problem. Getting them lost so that they can be saved is an almost insurmountable problem. The problem of what men believe about the Bible is a relatively small hurdle to overcome. Getting men to see their own sinfulness so that they understand they truly NEED salvation is a huge problem. We want to see ourselves as basically good people----and the mantra is repeated over and over so that God becomes all love, a blood sacrifice by His Son is not necessary, and God has no desire to see us walk differently from what we are accustomed to do--as long as we remain "decent" in our own view.

There is a way that seemeth good unto a man, but leads to destruction.
You make far to many assumptions about me , based solely on the fact that i do not believe that the true and living God does not hate his enemies like you believe. The issue is you have is you hate yourself and anyone who who doesn't because they know they are loved not hated of God is an abomination to you. Like i have already said you never ever responded to my posts until i pushed you to the limits about your vile beliefs of a god of hate. Jesus taught that to hate was the equivalent of murder and to be a murderer we were of the devil. Was jesus speaking God's word or his own ?. I don't expect an an answer just more ungrounded assumptions about what i believe.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:19 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,200,511 times
Thanks for sharing, Trumpetinhim.

Quote:

I also learned through this, that God allows us to believe things that are
contrary to the truth, so as to generate growth within us, and give us the
strength and humility to realize how wrong we have been in certain areas
I agree definitely with this. To share, the congregation that I was a part of before I came to a knowledge of the eventual restoration of all to God, had the teaching that only a very small group of people would "make it to heaven." It was also very legalistic in some of the teachings. Then when God opened my eyes concerning the final destiny of all, I had done a 180 turn almost and I could truly see how far I had come and how wrong I had been. God bless.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,727,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You make far to many assumptions about me , based solely on the fact that i do not believe that the true and living God does not hate his enemies like you believe. The issue is you have is you hate yourself and anyone who who doesn't because they know they are loved not hated of God is an abomination to you. Like i have already said you never ever responded to my posts until i pushed you to the limits about your vile beliefs of a god of hate. Jesus taught that to hate was the equivalent of murder and to be a murderer we were of the devil. Was jesus speaking God's word or his own ?. I don't expect an an answer just more ungrounded assumptions about what i believe.
There is a way that seemeth good unto a man, but the end thereof is destruction.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
OK, I think that we are looking at the same problem from different perspectives. Granted, the scriptures reveal the love of God, but for instance, most all of the people in Jesus' day had a wrong view of scripture and Jesus spent a lot of time correcting this view. In today's world, a Bible believer is often void of the knowledge of many things, love being one of them. Even though the scriptures tell the truth on these things, we are all blind to a certain degree until it is revealed to us in the Spirit. The scriptures are not wrong, it is the interpretation of them that causes problems. This is why I believe we must search the scriptures and gain a witness not only from other scripture, but from the Spirit of God within us. Of course, not all of us have the Spirit of God residing within us, and we can only testify of what we personally gain testimony of. When I read a scripture that doesn't fit with other scripture, I never abandon that writing, but I look at it as something that I do not have full understanding of yet. So I ask God for understanding, and shelve it until that understanding comes. There are times that I have had to wait many years for understanding, and sometimes have to modify what I have thought previously within a whole area of belief, because it just doesn't fit anymore. My belief in hell is an example. I used to believe in eternal torment, but my Spirit kept giving me checks on it, and I felt something was wrong with this concept. After asking God for answers, and going through a lot of renovation of my previous ideas, along with seeing that reconciliation is the only doctrine that fits with ALL of the other scriptures, did I come to the conclusion that eternal torment is a defective idea and plays no part in the plan of God. I also learned through this, that God allows us to believe things that are contrary to the truth, so as to generate growth within us, and give us the strength and humility to realize how wrong we have been in certain areas. Yet, in all of this, it was the unction of the Spirit within me that kept making me feel uncomfortable with it, and finally won the victory over my mind and erroneous belief. The belief itself has no bearing on our salvation, per se, but it does blind us to many more truths, and if a person has a desire to grow to the optimum amount possible, the erroneous ideas have to be let go.
This witnesses to the way the Comforter guides us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." When we listen to and trust what is in our hearts . . . then we interpret scripture properly . . . not blindly.
Quote:
As far as accepting the scriptures as being inspired, I believe that we are free to believe whatever we want, but to our own detriment. Jesus referred to Himself as being what the main body of OT scripture was written about. He said in John 5:29, "Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." He also said in Luke 24:27, "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." I also believe that the manifestations of God in OT times was of Jesus in an incarnate state, such as God coming down on Sinai, and the burning bush that Moses saw. He was also the God in the Garden of Eden that walked with Adam, and was the one that came asking Adam why he was hiding. It is an incredible thought to me, to realize that Jesus came from heaven and went through a learning process as He grew, in the same basic manner that we all do, and all the while He knew that the OT scriptures that He heard read in the synagogues of His day, were speaking of Himself. Yet He came to a point where He had to decide and make the choice to give up His own will, in preference for the will of God. This answers to the question of whether or not His death was in the plan of God or not. Of course it was, for if it was not, Jesus would not have said, "Your will be done."
It is undeniable that it is part of the plan to bring man to the understanding of God that Jesus would have to die horribly at the hands of our barbaric ancestors. But the "lesson" that was taken from it was wrong . . . revealing the perversity of human thinking and barbarity at the time. They were so indoctrinated into blood sacrifices that they automatically interpreted Christ's sacrifice as a blood sacrifice to their savage War God. They completely missed that it was a sacrifice of love for us all . . . including His torturers and murderers . . to reveal unambiguously the true nature of our God. He smote no one. "No greater love . . ."

Old 08-02-2014, 10:31 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
OK, I think that we are looking at the same problem from different perspectives. Granted, the scriptures reveal the love of God, but for instance, most all of the people in Jesus' day had a wrong view of scripture and Jesus spent a lot of time correcting this view. In today's world, a Bible believer is often void of the knowledge of many things, love being one of them. Even though the scriptures tell the truth on these things, we are all blind to a certain degree until it is revealed to us in the Spirit. The scriptures are not wrong, it is the interpretation of them that causes problems. This is why I believe we must search the scriptures and gain a witness not only from other scripture, but from the Spirit of God within us. Of course, not all of us have the Spirit of God residing within us, and we can only testify of what we personally gain testimony of. When I read a scripture that doesn't fit with other scripture, I never abandon that writing, but I look at it as something that I do not have full understanding of yet. So I ask God for understanding, and shelve it until that understanding comes. There are times that I have had to wait many years for understanding, and sometimes have to modify what I have thought previously within a whole area of belief, because it just doesn't fit anymore. My belief in hell is an example. I used to believe in eternal torment, but my Spirit kept giving me checks on it, and I felt something was wrong with this concept. After asking God for answers, and going through a lot of renovation of my previous ideas, along with seeing that reconciliation is the only doctrine that fits with ALL of the other scriptures, did I come to the conclusion that eternal torment is a defective idea and plays no part in the plan of God. I also learned through this, that God allows us to believe things that are contrary to the truth, so as to generate growth within us, and give us the strength and humility to realize how wrong we have been in certain areas. Yet, in all of this, it was the unction of the Spirit within me that kept making me feel uncomfortable with it, and finally won the victory over my mind and erroneous belief. The belief itself has no bearing on our salvation, per se, but it does blind us to many more truths, and if a person has a desire to grow to the optimum amount possible, the erroneous ideas have to be let go.

As far as accepting the scriptures as being inspired, I believe that we are free to believe whatever we want, but to our own detriment. Jesus referred to Himself as being what the main body of OT scripture was written about. He said in John 5:29, "Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." He also said in Luke 24:27, "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." I also believe that the manifestations of God in OT times was of Jesus in an incarnate state, such as God coming down on Sinai, and the burning bush that Moses saw. He was also the God in the Garden of Eden that walked with Adam, and was the one that came asking Adam why he was hiding. It is an incredible thought to me, to realize that Jesus came from heaven and went through a learning process as He grew, in the same basic manner that we all do, and all the while He knew that the OT scriptures that He heard read in the synagogues of His day, were speaking of Himself. Yet He came to a point where He had to decide and make the choice to give up His own will, in preference for the will of God. This answers to the question of whether or not His death was in the plan of God or not. Of course it was, for if it was not, Jesus would not have said, "Your will be done."
I agree with the best part of this, but i believe God is spirit and is in all of us, but is only effective in acknowledging it Philemon 1:6 KJV surprisingly is the best translation.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
Quote:
There is a way that seemeth good unto a man, but the end thereof is destruction.
Warden, either love wins you over, or hate will destroy you.
As mentioned previously: "Love and hate, cannot cohabitate."

Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Warden, either love wins you over, or hate will destroy you.
As mentioned previously: "Love and hate, cannot cohabitate."
The "way that seemeth good to a man" includes the human weaknesses . . . like Hate and Jealousy . . . which are no part of our God, Warden. That way truly lies destruction as Jerwade has warned.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 PM

348 posts, read 295,064 times
Wardendresdon is bringing to attention virtue light of discernment, which requires humble of heart the virtue in servitude to charity.

Last edited by Sophronius; 08-02-2014 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-02-2014, 11:03 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,200,511 times
The Restoration of All Things website:

"Scripture explains,"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another." (1 Jn. 4:10-11) A propitiation is a covering for sin. In case we think that His love and sin covering is only effective for a small group of elect, the first epistle of John 2:2 tells us that "...he is the propitiation for our sins"

Why God Will Restore All Things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.