Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 11:59 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
See, you are distorting the plain facts by trying to force fit a comparison with heterosexuals. The only way you can do a true comparison is if you have proof that heterosexuals are just as promiscuous and have an equal rate of STD transmission compared to homosexuals. But the numbers drastically point in the other direction:

CDC - For Your Health - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health

That's over half in a population that is less than 5%. That's an enormous difference over heterosexuals. From a purely logical perspective if you knew a specific activity leads to widespread disease then why would you want promote lifestyles that encourage this activity?

Even if you eliminate the STD factor, there are some recent studies showing gay, lesbian, bisexual ppl have more psychological distress, drink and smoke more.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr077.pdf
But if you supported same sex marriage there would be a DECREASE in everything you mention. Although the statistics remain miniscule compared to heterosexual marriage, the percent of "promiscuity" among MARRIED homosexuals is about the same as heterosexual couples.

And children raised by homosexual couples are (1) no more likely to be homosexual themselves than amongst heterosexual couples, and (2) likely to be as adjusted or better adjusted than those in heterosexual couples.

The ugliness of your posts is that it is very easy for you to say that a homosexual should never experience love, affection, devotion, and personal intimacy in order to obey a false god, than to find those God-given gifts with their own sex.

What amazes me is that people worship and ugly, selfish God rather than the God shown and demonstrated in the scripture by Jesus Christ.

Read Romans 1:23 to the end of the chapter. Then read Romans 2:1--all those verses in Romans the first chapter were pointing to each of us in verse one of the second chapter. You are, in essence, a homosexual. So you should treat them as you want to be treated for what you are.

And your views are CONTRIBUTING to the high STD rate among homosexuals:

Quote:
Homophobia and other forms of legal and social discrimination against gay men make it more difficult for them to access health care. This may cause delays in diagnosis and treatment of HIV infection. Since people are often most infectious during acute infection, and treatment reduces infectivity, this further increases the HIV risk among MSM.
------
Increased access to non-judgmental healthcare would help as well. If gay men felt safe disclosing their sexual risk to their doctors, they might get tested
more frequently, treated sooner, and reduce the risk of infecting their partners while also improving their health. Unfortunately, although the CDC recommends
universal HIV testing (for everyone, not just gay men), very few doctors and clinics have actually been implementing such measures.
http://std.about.com/od/glbtcommunit...isk-Of-Hiv.htm

So, since you CLAIM you are a Christian, how about being an activist toward getting better health care for homosexuals? Supporting marriage would be a start because many homosexuals living in a relationship have not been allowed to be dependents under their partner's health coverage.

You ARE the STD problem, but you refuse to acknowledge your sin.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 12-09-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 12:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post
I personally believe that the Bible is God's word, and that word says plainly that homosexuality is a sin. One verse that I'm sure has come up in this discussion is in 1 Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

May I ask why you believe it's not a sin?
Because it is not unloving to be attracted to someone, whatever their gender or yours may be. It does not harm you or them or anyone else.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Please, share with us what makes homosexuality a sin. What is unloving about someone being attracted to someone of the same gender?
Your argument is that an action that contains love cannot be sin and this reasoning is fundamentally flawed. If followed through to its natural conclusion, many things that are considered immoral would not be deemed sin because there is 'love' or some other positive outcome.

It doesn't matter how much I love the girl next door, having sex with her is still adultery if I am married.

God can't change what is sin based on intention. Read 2 Samuel 6 where David was carrying the Ark of the Covenant and Uzah reached out to steady it when it the cart hit a bump, he was killed. His intentions were good, but he disobeyed God's specific command, which is sin and he paid the penalty.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Your argument is that an action that contains love cannot be sin and this reasoning is fundamentally flawed. If followed through to its natural conclusion, many things that are considered immoral would not be deemed sin because there is 'love' or some other positive outcome.

It doesn't matter how much I love the girl next door, having sex with her is still adultery if I am married.

God can't change what is sin based on intention. Read 2 Samuel 6 where David was carrying the Ark of the Covenant and Uzah reached out to steady it when it the cart hit a bump, he was killed. His intentions were good, but he disobeyed God's specific command, which is sin and he paid the penalty.
I can tell you why it's unloving to cheat on your spouse with the girl next door (but hopefully you already know). Can you tell me why it is unloving to be attracted to someone who is the same gender?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Because it is not unloving to be attracted to someone, whatever their gender or yours may be. It does not harm you or them or anyone else.
If people were the only thing that mattered, I would agree with you. However, you're totally backwards because God is the only thing that matters and homosexual acts are a sin against Him. They are a perversion of God's perfect plan and even if we didn't have Him specifically call it sin many times, which He does, homosexual acts by their very nature are unnatural, i.e. against the creation God made.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I can tell you why it's unloving to cheat on your spouse with the girl next door. Can you tell me why it is unloving to be attracted to someone who is the same gender?
Love has nothing to do with it, as I explained. Love is not a free pass to sin against God.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
If people were the only thing that mattered, I would agree with you. However, you're totally backwards because God is the only thing that matters and homosexual acts are a sin against Him. They are a perversion of God's perfect plan and even if we didn't have Him specifically call it sin many times, which He does, homosexual acts by their very nature are unnatural, i.e. against the creation God made.

Tell me why you think God would be offended by someone being attracted to, or loving, someone of the same gender? How would that affect God in a negative way?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know if he knew that or not. One of the problems that come with being a Mod is feeling like I have to stay out of the conversations. I thought answering one direct question was simple, and I make no apology about being a strong defender of the US Constitution. so I answered the direct question with facts. Indisputable facts.

I don't want to derail any of the various thoughts weaving their way through this thread, but if anyone wants to see the factual response, send me a DM and I'll forward it to you.
Mensaguy, I emphasis with you, having that same conundrum in another forum I mod in. There are times I have a strong opinion on an issue, but restrain myself from taking part in the discussion, or if I am involved, I recuse myself from mod discussions that may involve possible sanctions.

However, if you stay with facts, it is hard for someone to come down on you for that. Problems is, many on this forum won't see the facts or understand them.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Love has nothing to do with it, as I explained. Love is not a free pass to sin against God.
Love most definitely has nothing to do with what you are promoting, I'll grant you that.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:19 PM

350 posts, read 570,365 times
Quote:
I get what your saying, but consider this: God wants us to love him, above all things, all people, all desires. If I truly desire to love God in return, I believe a way to show that is to respect his will for me. God, through His word, clearly tells us that homosexuality is a sin. I love God more than the world and what the world tells me is acceptable. Some may argue also that Jesus never specifically talks about homosexuality as a sin in the New Testament, but I also believe that Jesus is the Word, manifest. See John 1: 1-18 for reference.

Jesus says also says in Mathew 17 - 19 that he came to fulfill the Law.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

I choose to follow God's commands for my life, and I believe that one of them is resisting my sinful nature. I also believe that if a homosexual person truly loves God first, they will do their utmost to live in accordance with his will and commands, and not blatantly defy him by living in intentional sin. I choose to accept God's word as law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity