Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 10:30 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,179 times

Advertisements

"If they have kept my word they will also keep yours."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 11:36 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegiver View Post
the word has shown up and you have rejected him.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:45 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,004,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you know what the law of the spirit of life sets us free to do ?.
The "spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus" is not the law of Moses.

Rom_8:2 "for the spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus frees you from the law of sin and death."

If it was the law of Moses we would be in bondage just as was Hagar.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The "spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus" is not the law of Moses.

Rom_8:2 "for the spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus frees you from the law of sin and death."

If it was the law of Moses we would be in bondage just as was Hagar.
Who said it was ? I asked the question "what does the law of life in Christ Jesus set us free TO DO ?",I will give you one guess.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:58 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,427,585 times
Quote:
It is one thing to love others, not out of compulsion like one of the ten commandments and quite another to do it completely for love's sake.

Did you pluck out your eye or cut off your hand? You can't take one part of the sermon and apply it to you but leave out all the nasty stuff.
Sure I can.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:05 PM

9,922 posts, read 1,295,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus spoke in parables and proverbs to his disciples, the blind leaders of the blind and sinners. John 16:25
That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. Then he told them many things in parables. Matthew13:1-2
Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything
to them without using a parable Matthew 13:34
No argument from me about what you wrote above. But your OP addresses Luke 15:1 and who Jesus was speaking to. Sinners drew neat to Him to listen, but His comments were directed at the Pharisees. Then you brought up Jesus' comment about who the light of the world was. They are His disciples.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
No argument from me about what you wrote above. But your OP addresses Luke 15:1 and who Jesus was speaking to. Sinners drew neat to Him to listen, but His comments were directed at the Pharisees. Then you brought up Jesus' comment about who the light of the world was. They are His disciples.
Where are you getting that the parables were directed towards the pharisees?. Tell me this, after you have read the first ten verses of Matthew 5, if Jesus was teaching ONLY the disciples, why did he not address them in 1st person ?.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sure I can.
There you go, reading my mind again.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
It is one thing to love others, not out of compulsion like one of the ten commandments and quite another to do it completely for love's sake.

Did you pluck out your eye or cut off your hand? You can't take one part of the sermon and apply it to you but leave out all the nasty stuff.
How did you type this post with no hands ?. Better still how did you read Pleroo's post in the first place ?.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:27 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,410,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The secrets of the kingdom of God are known to the servants of God but to those outside it is not revealed. It is pretty plain. How can anyone turn that around is a wonder.

Then the disciples came and asked him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?"
11 He answered, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

"The Lord's power shall be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath."
You obviously did not understand my post. Maybe I better speak to you in a parable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity