Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 11:57 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,352,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
And it is your premise that this forum will somehow change the laws? LOL!!
If even a single person is educated on the matter as a result then it IS a step in the right direction.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,840,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Sir, your "nutshells" are always enjoyable to read.
I concur.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
Apparently you are gay? I really don't care in the least but you keep bringing it up, no one else has. I'm heterosexual but I'm not constantly bringing that up. Why not simply live with your sexual preference and allow me to do the same?

Please post the threads where I did all this. I'm waiting.
I did not say that you did, like i said earlier, are you reading this forum with your eyes closed ?. There is nothing favorable being said about sinners especially the biggest sinners of the homosexuals, when they are the topic in question. So my point is, maybe when you can answer why many christians are obsessed with sin and homosexuality then we might get closer to why atheists are pre occupied with God and christianity, i mean seriously do you think they are here to prove there is no God or they are responding to things spoken against them, i would tend to believe the latter.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I did not say that you did, like i said earlier, are you reading this forum with your eyes closed ?. There is nothing favorable being said about sinners especially the biggest sinners of the homosexuals, when they are the topic in question. So my point is, maybe when you can answer why many christians are obsessed with sin and homosexuality then we might get closer to why atheists are pre occupied with God and christianity, i mean seriously do you think they are here to prove there is no God or they are responding to things spoken against them, i would tend to believe the latter.
The OP's prove you wrong. The mere fact that atheists are obsessed with something they swear to not exist leads one to question their collective sanity.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
If even a single person is educated on the matter as a result then it IS a step in the right direction.

One step forward, ten steps backward. Sounds reasonable.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,352,529 times
Quote:
One step forward, ten steps backward. Sounds reasonable.
How is it ten steps backwards?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You don't know me and you don't know how I handle these things in their entirety in private. It was solely my choice to share it for the sake of making the point that [SOME] believers try to force, impose or expect others to believe as they do.

Outside of that, one of the reasons I USED to come to the Christian forum was to discuss the bible, but the mods, as well as some believers, were not always amused with my delivery so that discouraged me from really coming here. I prefer to discuss the bible as a book and RIGHTLY break it down WITHIN the context of the environment in which it was written as opposed to looking at it as a book of devotion. For the many fundamentalists we have here, this does not go over well because they prefer to force their New Testament minded biases on the older Jewish scriptures to neatly fit their Jesus into the equation. As a result, some go crying to the mods about folks hurting their feelings for discounting their beliefs.

I really don't get into the "Churches are filled with hypocrites" or visit this forum to fuss about what Christians do or not do. Personally, I could care less. I am more interested in WHAT they believe based on their understanding of the bible, well, at least those who take it literally.
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Why does what they believe concern YOU?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,778,375 times
Quote:
Apparently you are gay? I really don't care in the least but you keep bringing it up, no one else has. I'm heterosexual but I'm not constantly bringing that up. Why not simply live with your sexual preference and allow me to do the same?
He keeps bringing it up because he trying to bait you into discussing homosexuality, and then he would accuse you of being judgmental. He does it all the time.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:23 PM

From what I can readily determine, atheists are simply a group of folks who are obsessed with poking their collective noses into other people's business. They are like a bunch of busy-bodied meddling old women. They are so insecure in their own skin that they simply have to get into someone else's skin and run their affairs.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
The OP's prove you wrong. The mere fact that atheists are obsessed with something they swear to not exist leads one to question their collective sanity.
I think it is something you need to get over and if you have the this, then use it.

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity