Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 12:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why don't you start another Gays against Christians thread? That's your real agenda.
. No reason to post on here other than to point out, you want to have your say but not to expect a response. I used the anti gay agenda of many christian's as a prime example of the hypocrisy of your OP. How can you think to say something negative and not get a response back?. Say what you want whether it is right or wrong and you expect no response???????? Sorry it does not work like that mate.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.
Tell you what:

When Christians stop trying to gut biology curricula nationwide for religious reasons, when Christians no longer plant bombs at the Olympics and gay nightclubs and gun down doctors at clinics for religious reasons, when Christians stop enacting discriminatory anti-gay laws for religious reasons - then you'll see a lot less concern from atheists about Christianity.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
From what I can readily determine, atheists are simply a group of folks who are obsessed with poking their collective noses into other people's business. They are like a bunch of busy-bodied meddling old women. They are so insecure in their own skin that they simply have to get into someone else's skin and run their affairs.
I'll keep my nose out of Christians business, when they keep theirs out of my business.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:52 PM

201 posts, read 279,867 times
Quote:
Please take this as an invitation to explain to me how whether I am a Christian or an atheist or an agnostic is exactly any of your business? I would really like to know how anything I believe is any of your concern at all. I don't care to know what you believe.
You started the thread, didn't you?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:52 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
I understand you need to keep saying these things. I really do! It is a huge part of your faith now.
I don't need to tell myself what I already know. I am not even explaining to you in the hope that you will listen, because I have seen enough to know that you prefer to tell yourself nonsense about not having enough Faith to be an atheist (it takes no Faith at all ) and we need reassurance from the like -minded (so why do Christians need communal worship and atheists don't?) and nonsense about the cross, which offends me no more than a car licence- plate. And all to give yourself the excuse you need for never, ever, listening to anything we might say.

I am only responding so that others won't be misled by your off -beam remarks about atheists. Of whose thinking your clearly know little.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:54 PM

874 posts, read 636,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
First: Although I do not believe in a supreme being and do not practice a religion I dislike the label 'atheist' because it leads people to make incorrect assumptions.

I happen to find the Bible to be a fascinating record of the evolution of religious thought. When I engage in debates about the Bible it involves what I see as the reasons the authors wrote the way they did and what they intended the reader to understand. If someone has different opinions on those matters, that is fine by me. But there is no hatred involved. And to the credit of believers only on a few rare occasions has there been any rancor directed my way.

On other sites I have actually been attacked for not 'hating Christianity'. But happily this place is less emotionally polarized. I agree that there are some here that operate mostly in challenge mode. But I do not see it happening to the degree that the OP seems to think.

However I will repeat a suggestion I have made before. There ought to be a forum where (a) the existence of God is assumed and (b) the Bible is taken to be a valid reference source. That is, a place where Christians can discuss/debate among themselves and anyone who does not want to abide by the ground rules is not welcome. I have seen that work rather well elsewhere.
At least you have read the book. I am surprised by believers and non-believers alike who don't ever read the book. I appreciate that you have.

As to that forum where Christians can discuss and debate among themselves: What would we call that...er, uh, ... the Christianity Forum????

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I don't know who set up these forums, but maybe we need to add another category to Religion and Spirituality called Atheists vs. Christians. Christians could have their forum back and we'd have a place where we could debate until hell froze over twice. Of course, without the non-believers/atheists whatever would we talk about? It does seem that Christians should have the right to try.

It also seems that the lions outnumber the Christians. It is very hard being under constant attack and being held to scorn and ridicule in a forum called Christianity. Right, wrong or indifferent, Christians are coming from a totally different vantage point than non-believers. Christianity is a belief system and is therefore an emotionally based premise. Atheists simply can't understand that because they are not emotionally vested. So, whatever the discussion, we are trying to compare apples and oranges. If Christians were not under constant attack in the Christianity Forum, we might have more Christians participate.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:54 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Not the purpose of the OP, but nice try. You attempt to fool everyone but only fool yourself.

What am I trying to fool and how am I fooling myself? Concrete examples rather than more of your smug " I know better about you than you do yourself" remarks.

I challenge you to find one post of mine that makes the claim that believe in God is bad or is the result of low intelligence or where I said that atheists are more intelligent than believers. Show me one post of mine where I mocked or belittled anyone's faith in their God. On their claims about floods and evolution perhaps but not on their belief in God or gods.

To paraphase you I am waiting

I would think the only way I am fooling myself is that I will get a proper answer not more condensating comment.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM

322 posts, read 243,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I don't need to tell myself what I already know. I am not even explaining to you in the hope that you will listen, because I have seen enough to know that you prefer to tell yourself nonsense about not having enough Faith to be an atheist (it takes no Faith at all ) and we need reassurance from the like -minded (so why do Christians need communal worship and atheists don't?) and nonsense about the cross, which offends me no more than a car licence- plate. And all to give yourself the excuse you need for never, ever, listening to anything we might say.

I am only responding so that others won't be misled by your off -beam remarks about atheists. Of whose thinking your clearly know little.
You are doing a good job of presenting your faiths dogmas. They will be proud of you. I understand what you are dealing with. I really do.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The OP's prove you wrong. The mere fact that atheists are obsessed with something they swear to not exist leads one to question their collective sanity.
We really needed this thread! The ignorance about atheism is astounding. We do not swear that a god doesn't exist. We aonly swear that there is no good reason to to believe it does.

And it is not the god we are obsessed about - it it is the continual and dangerous in -your -face- influence of those who believe it does.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
You are doing a good job of presenting your faiths dogmas. They will be proud of you. I understand what you are dealing with. I really do.
You quite clearly not only do not understand, but do not want to. It is your faith that we have nothing valid to say that you want to preserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity