Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 02:53 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,010,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why not use your own forum?
Why don't you also tell me to stop watching "Alien Encounters" on the History Channel too, while you're at it. An unbeliever like me must be crying out for the aliens to hug me and me debating their existence or non existence on forums is me sticking my nose where it does not belong.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:56 PM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
It has to be a religion if it occupies one's mind the way it does you atheists. Even Christianity doesn't occupy a Christian's mind as much as it does yours. Christians have peace with their beliefs, you do not.
THB,

Several atheists on here have clearly stated their reasons for opposing some forms of belief in God and Christianity. But instead of acknowledging those reasons (even if you don't think they are valid ones), you continue to assert that atheists are just being religious fanatics (or something).

Old 01-16-2015, 03:00 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
THB,

Several atheists on here have clearly stated their reasons for opposing some forms of belief in God and Christianity. But instead of acknowledging those reasons (even if you don't think they are valid ones), you continue to assert that atheists are just being religious fanatics (or something).
They are. Otherwise they would go to the forum set aside for them.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,345,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
The question is: Why do you come here? If you do feel this way, why on earth would you spend your time here? Why are you motivated to come here believing as you do? What drives you? You think you are going to change anyone's mind? Fat chance. Why don't you just go to the A/A group where you can commiserate with others who feel as you do? Why do you feel you have the "right" to come into a Christian forum and berate, belittle, and argue against Christians? You have your own forum for that.

Why do you say there are no Atheists? By definition, an Atheist is one who does not believe in deities. You do not believe in deities. Therefore, you are an Atheist. Do you have a problem with the English language, too?

Do you go to the other religion forums and tell them that they are delusional? Do you tell the Jews how delusional they are or Muslims or Hindus? Are you an equal opportunity basher or is it just Christians?

You see, I feel just as sorry, if not more so, for you than you do for me. I do feel sorry for anyone who has not experienced the love of God or felt the compassion or the support I feel. It brings me great joy - a joy that you have not felt. You call it a delusion, but I believe in God and your skepticism is so sad to me. Until you have felt it, you cannot know it and you cannot relate to it. That's ok. You have a long way to travel before you reach your end. It may come to you one day.
I can answer this question personally.

What drives us is the particularly powerful presence of Christians in (in my case) America. Christians have a stronghold in US politics and have far too much influence on everyone's daily activities and far too much influence in law.

If Christians were just a blip on the radar, then I wouldn't care about speaking out.

We care about religion because of religious violence and acts in the name of God.
We care about religion because theists attempt to push non-science into science classes.
We care about religion because of bigotry and hatred towards minority groups and the LGBT community.
Can you imagine an Atheist president? Me neither as long as we're the most distrusted group!

Old 01-16-2015, 03:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
To the OP:

Can you see the authoritarianism and delusional thinking in Eusebius' post? Eusebius believes he is getting direct revelations from The All Powerful Creator of The Universe. He believes he knows the "Mind of God."

Do you want someone like Eusebius elected to congress or the presidency? Do you want someone like him to have access to the nuclear launch codes?

Can you see why some atheists actively oppose religion now? Can you see how mass delusion might be harmful to society?
Thanks for the good laugh.

I never said I get direct revelations from God. God either opens the heart of a person to the evangel or He does not. His opening or keeping closed the hearts of individuals to the evangel is not due to a love or hatred of any person but merely has to do with His counsel and will.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
The question is: Why do you come here? If you do feel this way, why on earth would you spend your time here? Why are you motivated to come here believing as you do? What drives you? You think you are going to change anyone's mind? Fat chance. Why don't you just go to the A/A group where you can commiserate with others who feel as you do? Why do you feel you have the "right" to come into a Christian forum and berate, belittle, and argue against Christians? You have your own forum for that.

Why do you say there are no Atheists? By definition, an Atheist is one who does not believe in deities. You do not believe in deities. Therefore, you are an Atheist. Do you have a problem with the English language, too?

Do you go to the other religion forums and tell them that they are delusional? Do you tell the Jews how delusional they are or Muslims or Hindus? Are you an equal opportunity basher or is it just Christians?

You see, I feel just as sorry, if not more so, for you than you do for me. I do feel sorry for anyone who has not experienced the love of God or felt the compassion or the support I feel. It brings me great joy - a joy that you have not felt. You call it a delusion, but I believe in God and your skepticism is so sad to me. Until you have felt it, you cannot know it and you cannot relate to it. That's ok. You have a long way to travel before you reach your end. It may come to you one day.
You cannot use reason and common sense with the unreasonable. We all know why atheists come on this forum instead of utilizing their own forum. They simply must impose their beliefs upon us and showcase their hatred for God and all things Christians. It makes them feel "manly'.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Then answer this one. There exists on here an atheist and agnostic forum. Why don't you atheists and agnostics go to the forum set up for you to converse and leave the Christian forum alone? The reason is plain enough for anyone to see. You guys simply have to stick your noses into everything and anything pertaining to God and Christianity. You are simply meddlesome old women at heart else you would post on your own little forum and not be bothered with Christians. Doesn't that make sense?
No, it doesn't. But I'm used to that with your posts.

And I'm not an atheist.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
You cannot use reason and common sense with the unreasonable. We all know why atheists come on this forum instead of utilizing their own forum. They simply must impose their beliefs upon us and showcase their hatred for God and all things Christians. It makes them feel "manly'.
They are just atheist evangelicals. They are like the Jehovah's Witnesses who come knocking on your door at all hours of the day. The atheists hand you a tract with nothing on it and ask you to believe in nothing.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I can answer this question personally.

What drives us is the particularly powerful presence of Christians in (in my case) America. Christians have a stronghold in US politics and have far too much influence on everyone's daily activities and far too much influence in law.

If Christians were just a blip on the radar, then I wouldn't care about speaking out.

We care about religion because of religious violence and acts in the name of God.
We care about religion because theists attempt to push non-science into science classes.
We care about religion because of bigotry and hatred towards minority groups and the LGBT community.
Can you imagine an Atheist president? Me neither as long as we're the most distrusted group!
No. What you care about is imposing your beliefs and hatreds upon others. Let's at least be honest little atheists.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No, it doesn't. But I'm used to that with your posts.

And I'm not an atheist.

Proof again that atheists are not as intelligent as they try to appear to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity