Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:36 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,840,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
Outstanding. That's just like the email I got for a job opportunity. I should tell you this but I am getting several millions because they think I am related to someone who died in their country. I have to pay a small fee and give them my bank account numbers but I am sure it's all safe,
Well .. what a funny coincidence...l got an e -mail from Nigeria, out of the blue, and guess what...?

Old 01-17-2015, 02:49 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,019,780 times
What happened to the troller? Did he become an atheist after all the great argument presented?

Old 01-17-2015, 03:44 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
As for this Human Being person, I keep seeing him or her mentioning a "hatred for God." This is proof, yet again, mis-characterization has taken root. To the believer, there is a God and everyone SHOULD believe in him and if they don't or can't see the reason why, then gosh darn it, something must be wrong with them and/or they must HATE God. This is compounded by the fact that SOME Christians have this warped notion that unbelievers are all about partying, drinking, having wild, crazy sex with forest nymphs or farm animals and they sacrifice babies and worship Satan at nights. In other words, they HATE God because they want to indulge in this human construct they call "sin." At NO point in their narrow thinking is there this possibility that MANY atheists are FORMER Christians/believers who have INTELLECTUALLY come to the conclusion, that based on the observed evidence, or lack thereof, there is NO sign of an intelligent life believer refer to as "God."

Some atheists have STAYED the way they were born - WITHOUT BELIEF - which is the definition of an atheist. Others, like me, arrived at the position after FIRST being born that way and then being indoctrinated away from my first state and then coming to the intellectual conclusion these "beliefs" are a pile of crock and then making the responsible decision to leave them behind. No babies were sacrificed along the way and that Satan dude Christians freak out over has no hold over me or my mind.
At what age did you realize that you were the most intelligent person on the planet? Five or six?

Old 01-17-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Funny thread. I would start with the fact that this is the Christianity sub-forum, so right away you have eliminated the atheists who are preoccupied with College football. When you put in the atheists who are simply interested in the political and social activities of Christians, particularly Fundevangelists (and a tip of the hat to da Dude) we are pretty6 much left with the atheists who converted from restrictive religious situations and want to either share their freedom or anathemize the people who influenced their bondage....or both. Good reasons I'd have to say.
Anyone who is upset about these challenges is welcome to ignore the threads......please. That would generally leave the more rational responses to make better threads.
Of course the atheists could all go to the forum set up for their use? That would involve class though.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Trout for President!
Why is it our place to offer you proof of God? Why not assume some tiny bit of responsibility for yourself? The monkey's not on our backs you know. Actually, I don't really care. What makes you atheists think the world spins just for you? You are actually insignificant.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Ella, I like your post. Actually I enjoy almost every one that you make. If all the posters were folks like the OP I certainly would not stay here as can not learn from or debate with those who are only interested in belittling and insulting others. On the other hand you bring up good points, whether I agree with you or not is immaterial, I enjoy reading them and they always make me think, which is a good thing.

Even though they were not religious my parents faced more discrimination than I did and their parents even though they just because they were Jews. The West did little to help the escape from Europe of the Jews there and that is well documented.
Good. What makes you think it's up to anyone to teach you anything? Take responsibility for your own education.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Arq, I think you should be in this thread. It is pretty much addressed to you.

But see, Arq, you don't realize in this forum, Christianity, you shouldn't be "making a better case". This is not the place for "a better case". I think that is the point. As well, when you guys call us "delusional", "insane", "uneducated" and all the dozens of other things you call us, you aren't making any point at all. You're just bashing the Christians in a Christian forum. This is not the forum for bashing Christians. If you want to bash Christians, go to the A/A, or Judaism, or Muslim forums. If you have legitimate questions or comments about the specifics of Christianity, that is one thing. But many atheists/agnostics/non-believers are down right rude, judgmental, disdainful, and contemptuous. This is not the forum for that. Those opinions don't belong here and are not welcomed.

As I said earlier, whoever designed and runs this forum should add another category to Religion and Spirituality where Atheists and Christians can bash each other all they want to. This is not the forum for that.

Several posted that they come here because we are civil. I had to look twice at that statement. I don't see many of the Atheists on this group being civil at all. In turn, the Christians get irritated and they aren't so civil either. Maybe the Christians are too civil. Maybe they have been too tolerant of the opposing side. Maybe they should stop it. It is a Christianity forum, where the subject is Christianity. Maybe it is time for Atheists to understand that, tolerate it, or get out. Maybe there are some people that you can't be nice to.
AMEN!!! They already have their own forum on CD. The whole problem is that they want to abuse Christians and shove their beliefs down our throats. No class at all.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
All you have done is rehearse your own prejudices and tell yourself what you wanted to hear - never mind what the atheists themselves told you.

And the thread was started by a Christian throwing out a challenge to atheists and you ask why we are responding.
Of course. This is not my first rodeo. Actually though, I was curious as to why anyone, especially those who claim to be super intelligent, would bash a God or a Christ who they claim does not exist. Now I know. They are not super intelligent at all --- they are insane.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:20 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,019,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
At what age did you realize that you were the most intelligent person on the planet? Five or six?
About 2.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,347,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Good. What makes you think it's up to anyone to teach you anything? Take responsibility for your own education.
I never asked anyone to teach me anything and perhaps if you were so wrapped up in your own self smugness and sense of superiority and read what I actually wrote you would understand that. Perhaps you can learn from a vacuum but I need to read, investigate, ask questions and write down my ideas.

I do take responsibility for my education hence I read what people who take the Bible literal say and how they explain how things fit into their world view. That is much better than making prejudicial proclamations about other people like you have repeatedly done here.

There are some on this forum who although I do not agree with much that they think I have learnt from, at little or no cost to themselves. Some have thanked me for my questions, none other than yourself have seemed so full of themself. And you did ask the question in the OP which I honestly answered and you basically labeled me a liar. I am done with you.

To the Christians on this forum thank you and I hope that I have never come across as insulting or demeaning of your faith in your God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity