Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 03:42 PM

16,768 posts, read 15,834,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Show me the many OP's on here where Christians are obsessing about anything at all. No. It is the atheists that are totally obsessed with matters of Christianity and the OP's bear this out.
Actually, they don't. I checked the last 100 threads and only found 3-5 of them started by our Atheist members.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:43 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,487,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think you're talking about the guy in the mirror.

Perhaps you should give up all attempts at rational thought?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Many atheists have pointed out to you that their problem with your religion is that it has a direct impact on their lives. That is Christians imposing their beliefs and hatreds upon others.

You continue to ignore the very real reasons you are given. Your condescension makes you sound like a bully, and I don't think Jesus was like that.
Then I continue to ask why it impacts them so much that it is an obsession with them. E#veryone else in America seem to cope just fine with Christianity being part of American lives. I never claimed I was Jesus.
Are you simply throwing things against the wall in attempt to get something to stick? Why not post on the agnostic and atheist forum and leave Christians alone? Why the need to impose? Are Christians posting on the atheists and agnostics forum and causing you heartburn over there?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
Is this thread serving any useful purpose anymore?
Actually no. We've already established the true agenda of the atheists on here. They cannot abide other folks having beliefs and thoughts not dictated by them.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Because they are in the Christian Forum.

Exactly. Why are they not utilizing the forum set aside for them and leave the Christians alone to discuss Christian topics?

Old 01-16-2015, 04:01 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,029,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Actually, they don't. I checked the last 100 threads and only found 3-5 of them started by our Atheist members.
Since this seems to have been missed, I figured I might as well quote it for reverberation.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:04 PM

874 posts, read 640,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's pretty obvious the OP and many respondents are misinformed about atheism and fear and loathe atheists. But it's also understandable.

It's mostly the fundamentalists who resent the incursions of the godless. Fundamentalists prefer a black and white worldview. It keeps things simple, which is important to them.

Atheists introduce doubt where there was certainty. They introduce objective, scientific truths which contradict biblical stories and are difficult to deny.

In short, atheists make fundamentalists' brains hurt. And, since they don't believe in God, they most certainly must be minions of Satan.
Hey, Trout,

Could you tell me how we are misinformed about atheism? I don't understand. Thanks.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:05 PM

50,143 posts, read 20,925,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Actually no. We've already established the true agenda of the atheists on here. They cannot abide other folks having beliefs and thoughts not dictated by them.
All you have done is rehearse your own prejudices and tell yourself what you wanted to hear - never mind what the atheists themselves told you.

And the thread was started by a Christian throwing out a challenge to atheists and you ask why we are responding.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:10 PM

50,143 posts, read 20,925,474 times
Quote:
Hey, Trout,

Could you tell me how we are misinformed about atheism? I don't understand. Thanks.
Well, we have seen some of it here. We are really believers trying to deny it. Atheism is going to turn the place into a Stalinist terror, We are fighting for evolution because we base our disbelief on it - all false and the people who say it prefer their own misconceptions to our explanations.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times
Quote:
Hey, Trout,

Although not an atheist, I'll play one for the purpose of answering your question.

Contrary to what many Christians here have posted ad nauseam, atheists neither hate, nor fear God. They simply disbelieve that one exists. They have been offered no evidence that they find compelling enough to believe in a deity.

Because of that lack of belief, many of the not-too-bright Christians consider them to be devoid of morality or a sense of ethics.

Atheists don't care a whit about anyone's belief system, or lack thereof, until and if it begins to infringe on the rights of non, and other-believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity