Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,820,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe deep deep deep down inside their heart of hearts, they know they have a direct connection with God and are crying out for help.
I believe the vocal ones are indeed crying for help. They are not sure about their beliefs so they bring up the topic of God over and over in order to get assurances from the like minded. The other type of atheist simply do not believe, and they have no need to keep talking about it.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:22 PM

50,122 posts, read 20,884,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
At least you have read the book. I am surprised by believers and non-believers alike who don't ever read the book. I appreciate that you have.

As to that forum where Christians can discuss and debate among themselves: What would we call that...er, uh, ... the Christianity Forum????

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I don't know who set up these forums, but maybe we need to add another category to Religion and Spirituality called Atheists vs. Christians. Christians could have their forum back and we'd have a place where we could debate until hell froze over twice. Of course, without the non-believers/atheists whatever would we talk about? It does seem that Christians should have the right to try.

It also seems that the lions outnumber the Christians. It is very hard being under constant attack and being held to scorn and ridicule in a forum called Christianity. Right, wrong or indifferent, Christians are coming from a totally different vantage point than non-believers. Christianity is a belief system and is therefore an emotionally based premise. Atheists simply can't understand that because they are not emotionally vested. So, whatever the discussion, we are trying to compare apples and oranges. If Christians were not under constant attack in the Christianity Forum, we might have more Christians participate.
Yes, indeed. Normally I wouldn't look in here except for a chuckle, but posts asking for input from atheists like this thread. well, what do you expect from us? Even then, if the OP had just let us explain, there would be no need for a racket. But he couldn't wait to make all manner of ill -founded accusations.

Last i say, The Christian outnumber the Lions by a factor of ten, I believe. The only reason we seem to have the run of the arena is because we have the better case and the other Christians act as the OP should. They let us post and do not bash us. It is only a minority of ill informed and dreadfully biased Christians who are trying to bash us, and of course are getting chewed up.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:23 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,356,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe the vocal ones are indeed crying for help. They are not sure about their beliefs so they bring up the topic of God over and over in order to get assurances from the like minded. The other type of atheist simply do not believe, and they have no need to keep talking about it.
I think you guys are really Atheists at heart, it's really sad to see all of these people struggling with their beliefs in Atheism. They say they don't believe, but we all know deep deep down inside you are all believers in Atheism.

Please!

Old 01-16-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Maybe deep deep deep down inside their heart of hearts, they know they have a direct connection with God and are crying out for help.
It's kind of like a teenager whose parents have to work all the time to support their family and the teen keeps getting into trouble to get at least some attention from his parents.
Well...that no less speculative and unfounded on anything like fact as anything else you have posted old son.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It is only a minority of ill informed and dreadfully biased Christians who are trying to bash us,.........
Those Christians also bash the non-fundamentalist Christians. Sorry, but you have to share.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thinking it over, it is Christianity that seems to have the need to talk and talk and talk about it, read about it, write about it and argue about it suggests that they are those ones who have to keep fighting their doubts down with protestations of faith.

If it wasn't for the constant blare of religious claims, we wouldn't have anything to say. We wouldn't be here if a Christian OP hadn't asked us our views and then brushed them away and tried to impose his ill -founded views on us.

I'm only saying this so it is obvious how uninformed, judgmental, biased (I'm being polite there ) intolerant and downright un -Christian the atheist - basher posts really are. It is only doing us good.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,025,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well...that no less speculative and unfounded on anything like fact as anything else you have posted old son.
You, wolf39us and other atheists are just proving my point.

Everyone ever born has some sort of sense of the God who created the universe. Why do I say that? Because we are all connected to Him. He gives to all (including atheists) life and breath and all. So the connection is there even if you don't want to admit it. I think this is why you and other atheist attackers are really crying out to know this one true God but you don't have the tools to grasp Him.
The young man whose dad or mother left him at an early age may be mad at his dad or mother, and may even say he or she doesn't have a mom or dad but deep down in his heart he knows he has a connection to that father or mother and would love to connect with them.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Those Christians also bash the non-fundamentalist Christians. Sorry, but you have to share.
We are only too delighted to go in and give 'em a breather.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,301,058 times
Quote:
I think this is why you and other atheist attackers are really crying out to know this one true God but you don't have the tools to grasp Him.
Are you implying you "get it" but the atheists aren't capable? (The implication is they're somehow deficient.) I hope not because, were I an atheist, I would find that beyond insulting.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
From what I can readily determine, atheists are simply a group of folks who are obsessed with poking their collective noses into other people's business. They are like a bunch of busy-bodied meddling old women. They are so insecure in their own skin that they simply have to get into someone else's skin and run their affairs.
You just described fundavangelist Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity