Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM

381 posts, read 798,721 times

Advertisements

great thread. yesterday I walked in to a mcdonalds for coffee. this tired, grungy man stood beside me and asked for the manager. He implored the young clerk for some food and that the manager might be the one to allow it. The young clerk politley said no sir. I can't help you. I had my coffee and upon hearing those last words, I turned and said "He'll have a double cheese burger fries and a drink. " I said to the man, "Lunch is on the most high God today." he said, "praise the Lord." I said back," I have been blessed so many times and in so many ways, I wanted you to know that God loves you." He was so grateful.
He is our comforter. I love it when suddenly things unfold and it as if the script is already written and I just show up. On April 13, 2009 , in my own insignificant life, God had it all planned out that I'm supposed to be at Mcdonald's at 11:00 am. when i consider that every previously life event may have had to line up for God to bless this man through me, I get filled with joy. 2 COR 1. we're ambassadors and only when we prepare our hearts each day. it is hard sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
Jesus declares Him as the Helper (John 16:7).
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
God is so wonderful and He gives us His Spirit!
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.
Beautiful post, Curly! I am so grateful someone bumped this thread. God's grace to you...

Old 04-14-2009, 07:11 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
great thread. yesterday I walked in to a mcdonalds for coffee. this tired, grungy man stood beside me and asked for the manager. He implored the young clerk for some food and that the manager might be the one to allow it. The young clerk politley said no sir. I can't help you. I had my coffee and upon hearing those last words, I turned and said "He'll have a double cheese burger fries and a drink. " I said to the man, "Lunch is on the most high God today." he said, "praise the Lord." I said back," I have been blessed so many times and in so many ways, I wanted you to know that God loves you." He was so grateful.
He is our comforter. I love it when suddenly things unfold and it as if the script is already written and I just show up. On April 13, 2009 , in my own insignificant life, God had it all planned out that I'm supposed to be at Mcdonald's at 11:00 am. when i consider that every previously life event may have had to line up for God to bless this man through me, I get filled with joy. 2 COR 1. we're ambassadors and only when we prepare our hearts each day. it is hard sometimes.
Wonderful, Dave. I love your posts.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,179 times
Such wonderful posts today and this evening.
God is smiling on you all, I'm sure

Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.
The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son.

He has all the attributes as God. He is a teacher, guide, advisor, comforter, friend, and so much more.

The Holy Spirit was given to God's children to help us and guide us in this world. He speaks and works within us to help us and guide and teach us.

The Holy Spirit is not an it, as some call Him, He is a person and has emotions and feelings. He was given to us to help us, so why would someone want to quench the spirit.

The Holy Spirit means so much to me, that it would take forever to really list everything about God.

God is so awesome that we really can't list everything about Him, because He is really that amazing.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Thumbs up You must have read my mind!!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this wonderful thread;
Your testimony bears witness with the spirit that are in your very words
Just a short time ago I was thanking him for protecting us from the violent
thunderstorms and toronadoes passing through here,the closer that I cling to Him for my help with my whole heart, he direct my steps, every minute detail.
I don't know what I would do without His precious eyes going before me, so holy is He so gentle,
Well I could just brag on Him forever, so many times when my foot was about to slip, he was there to catch me in the nick of time, especially when my back is up against the wall and I cry out to Him, He answer me just like any loving Father would do his child..
Awesome,Faithful,True,
God Bless You
Glory be His Holiness, Thank you Jesus for sending us a "Comforter, mediator,
and all of that he is and "a bag of chips"
Thumbs Up to you my friend,

Oh Yes !! How could I forget what a friend He is

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Curly It's amazing how the Holy Spirit operates
after reading this thread and going to Psalms 25's thread...I think He is trying to tell us something tonight my good friend

Old 04-15-2009, 02:40 AM

381 posts, read 798,721 times
I love sharing with ya'll.... God Bless you today.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Wow..... good to hear all the wonderful testimonies of the Holy Spirit working and drawing each one closer and closer to the Father.....

Great testimony, Dave!!
I have had your situation happen so many times in my life....and finally come the realization as a child of the Living God, walking in the fullness of His Spirit, nothing is a mistake, accident, or coincidental.... but we are His hands, feet, to reach a lost world or even help, pray, encourage, rejoice, laugh, smile at or with a brother or sister in Him...

Our lives have a purpose and everything we do should always bring the Father glory.......whether we realize it or not!

We are to keep our hearts, ears, eyes, and most of our Bibles open all the time...

The Holy Spirit, He is all of my being ....Because of Him, I can see the flesh for what it is and most of the time with out realizing my spirit chooses Christ....
Those times with the flesh do become less powerful and the Holy Spirit power controls.....a surrender life is beautiful!

1Cor.5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Gal.2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Since I have posted this thread....life has become sweeter and sweeter! I hear His voice all the time, the questions are less, the seeking is deeper....the desire is always there in all things to please the Father with all of my being!

Let no one deceive you....He will do what He promises....

Phil.1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

And we have the Holy Spirit our Helper...to guide, teach, strengthen, encourage, deliver, and help us all the way through this life journey on earth.....

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Blessings....to all!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,656 times
I agree, the Holy Spirit is very important....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...oly-ghost.html

I wish the promises given to the early disciples were not interpreted to apply to us in the same sense! We do have the comfort of the Spirit. It is now recorded for us all in the book we call the bible. It was given once for all. It does not need to be re-given over and over. Anyone capable of reading or hearing the word of God can get the comfort from the Spirit.
We recieve that comfort from hearing, believing, and obeying, all that has been given to us. It has been recorded for all time. It will never change.
All that was revealed to the writers of the NT is a applicable today as it was then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity