Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 PM

2,212 posts, read 542,876 times

Advertisements

Ezekiel 1:19-21 -- "The Spirit was in those wheels, and the wheels were moved by the spirit."

The soul becomes like the wheels following the Spirit wherever it goes.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:29 PM

Default Prayer To The Holy Spirit

Wonderful Holy Spirit, You are the great teacher of the church. Holy Spirt, open my heart and give me a greater hunger for You than I have ever experienced. Let me become encircled by Your presence here with me.

Touch my life with Your presence. Open my eyes to the truth of God's Word in my heart. Open my ears to hear Your still, small voice clearly. Open my heart to receive from you, wonderful Holy Spirit, that my life may be changed forever.

Make Jesus real, and change me more and more into His image for the glory of God.

In Jesus' name, amen.

2 Corinthians 13:14 -- "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen."

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 PM

9 posts, read 15,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
Jesus declares Him as the Helper (John 16:7).
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
God is so wonderful and He gives us His Spirit!
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.
Holy spirit = common sense = spirit of man

Holy Spirit = Extra ordinary Sense = Spirit of God

Watch my Youtube Videos on Holy Spirit please.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 PM

Default Dominating My Inner Man

Romans 8:13,16 -- For if I live after the flesh, I shall die; but if I through the spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, I shall live. The Holy Spirit bears witness with my spirit, that I am a child of God.

Affirmation

I dominate my mind and my body with my spirit since I maintain my spirit properly --feeding, strengthening, and dominating my inner man with the word.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 AM

Default The Ultimate Purpose of God

Ephesians 1:9,10 - "For He has made know to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of His will, according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fulness of time to unite all things in Him. things in heaven and things on earth."

The ultimate purpose of God is to sum up all things in His Son. In everything the Lord is doing on the earth, the ultimate purpose is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Therefore the basis of what He is saying to us is that we must be found in Him.

Likewise, knowing that the basic communication of the Holy Spirit is about the Son, His ways, His works and His heart, enables us to have a basis for beginning to interpret what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Default My New Condition In Jesus Christ

John 16:8 - "And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement."

Affirmation

After the Holy Spirit convicts me of sin and God declares me righteous, it takes a supernatural work of God to make me comprehend my new condition in Jesus Christ. This realization is just as supernatural as the moment I recognized I was lost. Only this time, I am being supernaturally awakened tothe fact that I am righteous!

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
John 16:8 - "And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement."

Affirmation

After the Holy Spirit convicts me of sin and God declares me righteous, it takes a supernatural work of God to make me comprehend my new condition in Jesus Christ. This realization is just as supernatural as the moment I recognized I was lost. Only this time, I am being supernaturally awakened tothe fact that I am righteous!

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Thank you.....
Wonderful Holy Spirit, You are the great teacher of the church. Holy Spirt, open my heart and give me a greater hunger for You than I have ever experienced. Let me become encircled by Your presence here with me.

Touch my life with Your presence. Open my eyes to the truth of God's Word in my heart. Open my ears to hear Your still, small voice clearly. Open my heart to receive from you, wonderful Holy Spirit, that my life may be changed forever.

Make Jesus real, and change me more and more into His image for the glory of God.

In Jesus' name, amen.

2 Corinthians 13:14 -- "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen."

Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Red face Call the Holy Spirit from your Heart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
Jesus declares Him as the Helper (John 16:7).
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
God is so wonderful and He gives us His Spirit!
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Confess by faith, By the faith of the Holy Spirit
Romans 10:8 But what saith it?
Josh 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Ex 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
Psalms 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Gal 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin?
Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Heb 11:17-31 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,907 times
Thanks everyone for your posts. It is refreshing to be amongst Jesus' followers. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost in my life every day and in the peace it brings to me...promised to me by Jesus Christ Himself.
He is my LORD and Shepherd, wherever He goes...I shall follow.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Wrong Images

Psalm 115:8 - "They who make idols are like them; so are all who trust in and lean on them.

If our knowledge about God is not charged with the life and power of God, mere knowledge becomes an idol in our minds. It is easy for us to have ideas and images of God that are untrue, which the Holy Spirit would remove if we would let Him.
The power of Christ's life is filtered and proportionally diminished by the number of these wrong images existing within us.

Matthew 24:4 - "Jesus answered them, 'Be careful that no one misleads you (deceiving you and leading you into error).'"

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity