Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times

Advertisements

I believe the Government does not really care about Gay marriage, but the current Obama Administration is really only endorsing gay marriage in order to gain votes. Here is a clip of a former practicing gay man in regards to gay marriage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-nwKL04O4

Old 04-22-2015, 07:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I believe the Government does not really care about Gay marriage, but the current Obama Administration is really only endorsing gay marriage in order to gain votes. Here is a clip of a former practicing gay man in regards to gay marriage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-nwKL04O4
If that is true, just to gain votes, then EQUALTY must have the approval of the MAJORITY of the people...

Old 04-22-2015, 10:43 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,177 times
I hear this all the time but you know what?
Jesus said "your sins are fogiven, go and sin no more" not "go sin some more".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Was it wrong for Jesus to eat with sinners?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,177 times
no but Christ did tell people about their sins and need to repent. I don't see any difference with people doing that today.
The problem is today the world is so full of narcists that they don't want to hear about their sins because in their eyes they are not doing anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, he requested they did. I'm sure he didn't expect it would be a instant process either. The point is he didn't shun people for doing things he didn't like. Funny how modern "Christians" want to me more holy than Christ .

Old 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM

350 posts, read 570,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
no but Christ did tell people about their sins and need to repent. I don't see any difference with people doing that today.
The problem is today the world is so full of narcists that they don't want to hear about their sins because in their eyes they are not doing anything wrong.
I agree. And if we truly love God/Jesus, we would not continue to purposely continue to sin against him. Would we purposely hurt our spouses, parents, siblings, friends, etc. if we love them, truly? No, of course not!

Hecate is right, I would wager that all of us vow to never sin again and continue to commit the same sins over and over. I do it out of weakness more often than I'd like. However, if we have a repentant heart and prayerfully ask God to give us strength to overcome, we are more than equipped to conquer sin by the power of Christ in us. God knows our hearts and our intentions. If someone is gay and hardens their heart to God and his desire to rid them of their sin, then they are not truly repentant and in direct defiance to God's will. That is the difference that no one in this thread seems to acknowledge.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:48 AM

950 posts, read 923,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I would willingly lay my life-down for family and friends; it's not all about you.

???????????????

So would I............your point is ?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 AM

950 posts, read 923,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I hear this all the time but you know what?
Jesus said "your sins are fogiven, go and sin no more" not "go sin some more".

gays don't want to hear that

they want to hear.............." there is no right or wrong. ".....if it feels good, do it "

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I wouldn't risk my salvation for any human being.

Not worth it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I would willingly lay my life-down for family and friends; it's not all about you.

Quote:
???????????????

So would I............your point is ?
It seems self-explanatory. The most important thing to you is maintaining your "salvation" (presumably from eternal hell), and you would risk it for NO one. A belief that one is in danger of eternal torment if one somehow displeases God is bound to cause one to be concerned mainly with one's own self-preservation from such a fate. Such a mindset is hardly conducive to engendering a spirit of treating others with love, kindness and respect. Quite the opposite. After all, other people aren't "worth it". The cost is too high.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that believing in the God who is love (in theory, at least) would cause such an attitude to be fostered in you?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
I wouldn't risk my salvation for any human being.

Not worth it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why would attending a friend's wedding cause you to "risk your salvation"?

Good question.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:19 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why would attending a friend's wedding cause you to "risk your salvation"?
It wouldn't. It is the warped "precepts and doctrines of men" that foster such concerns to assuage fears of eternal torment as Pleroo points out in her post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It seems self-explanatory. The most important thing to you is maintaining your "salvation" (presumably from eternal hell), and you would risk it for NO one. A belief that one is in danger of eternal torment if one somehow displeases God is bound to cause one to be concerned mainly with one's own self-preservation from such a fate. Such a mindset is hardly conducive to engendering a spirit of treating others with love, kindness and respect. Quite the opposite. After all, other people aren't "worth it". The cost is too high.
Doesn't it seem odd to you that believing in the God who is love (in theory, at least) would cause such an attitude to be fostered in you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity