Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,638,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I love the sound of spiritual mastodons, bellowing impotently, as they sink into the tar pits of irrelevance.

Buh-bye.

Down here they sink into pluff mud. , or Marsh Madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM

64,098 posts, read 40,400,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop it, justtitans. Just because you inferred and THINK that I said or implied such a thing does not make it so. I have never said they were not Christians . . . just misguided and believing the wrong things about God because of the Bible inerrancy doctrine of demons. God is the ONLY one who knows as I have repeatedly said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I have no beef with run of the mill christians. I think they're misguided, but that's their right.
OTOH, I have a MAJOR beef with "christians" like you, who think you own society and have the right to dictate policy to other persons. Stop doing that, and I'll ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You do have a MAJOR problem with Christianity. You are disgusted by the Gospel. Can you back up your claim about me thinking I own the society and dictate policy? Thanks. All I want is for my brothers and sisters to be able to freely exercise their religion without being harassed by people like you.
That is not true. You seem to want everything you do to be considered practicing your religion, Finn . . . and then claim you are being prevented from it. (All use of "you" from here on is GENERIC) Running a business is NOT practicing your religion. You do not get to claim you are practicing your religion selling pizza. You are selling pizza and you cannot discriminate against customers you think are sinning against your religion and call it practicing your religion.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:16 PM

440 posts, read 380,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Marshal Kirk and Hunter Madsen taught you well.

They would be proud of you if only you used the word "bigots" also.
Well, homophobia is basically hate and it expresses itself in many forms of stigmatization and oppression even killing of LGBT people. That's why those who believe in the bible are not seeing that hell is just around the corner if they don't get rid of their own homophobia.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is not true. You seem to want everything you do to be considered practicing your religion, Finn . . . and then claim you are being prevented from it. (All use of "you" from here on is GENERIC) Running a business is NOT practicing your religion. You do not get to claim you are practicing your religion selling pizza. You are selling pizza and you cannot discriminate against customers you think are sinning against your religion and call it practicing your religion.
Being a follower of Christ is not a part time hobby, which you practice only when you feel it's convenient to you. It is a full time job.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
Quote:
Being a follower of Christ is not a part time hobby, which you practice only when you feel it's convenient to you. It is a full time job.
When do you think you'll start to get the hang of it?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:46 PM

950 posts, read 929,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
Well, homophobia is basically hate and it expresses itself in many forms of stigmatization and oppression even killing of LGBT people. That's why those who believe in the bible are not seeing that hell is just around the corner if they don't get rid of their own homophobia.
If gays don't repent and sin no more, it will be facing them head on

Old 04-13-2015, 12:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,308,190 times
Quote:
YOU sin. Repent and sin no more or it will be facing you head on.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Define it.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Full timers do not deny the LGBTQ community their rights. Come up to the big leagues. Give up puttering around with God as your part time love.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Full timers do not deny the LGBTQ community their rights. Come up to the big leagues. Give up puttering around with God as your part time love.
They do whatever they think will honor God, even if it means that someone will have to go to another bakery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity