Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 07:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That is sure to eliminate any and all skepticism...

No~ for some of you it will take death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 07:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
No~ for some of you it will take death.
Then I will be sitting wit Christ and all things will be LOVE and I will never have to worry about an evangelical knocking on my "door" trying to use hell as a tool to guide me into the tents of the Pharisees...

Old 07-02-2015, 10:08 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The "no" would have been good, had it not been inserted into the rant and misrepresentations which followed about fruits and 'bible supremacy' etc
Matthew 5:37 All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Strange, how when Jesus was asked a simple yes or no question he did not respond with YES or NO...
They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You say that I am."
Perhaps he was from the EVIL ONE??
All he had to say was YES or NO. But instead he inserted a short rant and misrepresentations.
Finn does not engage in this kind of reasoning. He simply parrots the dogma he has been indoctrinated with. There is no reasoning involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Noi, Finn, all you WANT me to say is a simple "no," because you don't WANT to hear that the authority is not in the Book, but in the Spirit. If it were not so, as I pointed out, the "no" would have sufficed as an answer to your question.
Quote:
Yes, a simple yes or no is enough for YES/NO questions. As for the rest of your post, you once again demonstrate your willingness to insert words into other people's mouths. Contrary to what you suggest, I never argued the Bible had authority over the Spirit. I have always maintained they are in perfect harmony.
We know you don't argue with the Bible, Finn. you DEMAND that the Spirit and the Bible be in harmony. You never test it or justify it. You just DEMAND it . . . no matter how ridiculous or unreasonable pretending they are in harmony might be.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:13 AM

840 posts, read 774,272 times
If I wrote you a letter, but our enemies got ahold of it before you could read it, and they added sentences, paragraphs, or even whole pages of things contrary to what I said in my letter . . . how would you best be able to determine what it was I initially said . . . ?

If you could get a copy of the original letter, that would be the best way.

God allowed the churches to show who they really serve, and during that time they added sentences --& some of them, even full books-- to God's Word . . . which go completely contrary to what God's Word itself says.

Did Bible manuscripts which existed before the churches began taking such liberties with God's Word . . . survive to this day, for us to examine . . . ? Is there solid evidence of what the original Scriptures said, free of all tampering . . . ?

Yes!

By basing brand new accurate translations on the contents of those manuscripts . . . we come up with what God's Word initially said . . . minus the later & bogus additions, omissions, & changes in wording.

Teachings such as the 'trinity' and 'hellfire' are shown to be totally foreign to Scripture, as are the other unreasonable & unscriptural teachings of the churches.

For example, the Bible states that the incorrigibly wicked will cease to exist for eternity:

"For evil men will be done away with.
Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more." (Psalm 37:9a, 10a)

"[The] wicked will perish;
The enemies of Jehovah will . . . vanish like smoke." (Psalm 37:20)

"They are dead; they will not live. Powerless in death, they will not rise up. For you have turned your attention to them To annihilate them and destroy all mention of them." (Isaiah 26:14)

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left." (Hebrews 10:26)

"These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of eternal destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9a)

"The future of the wicked will be cut off." (Psalm 37:38b)

Also, God's own personal name is restored to its rightful places in Scripture some 7,000 times in the New World Translation. (Most Bibles only retain it twice, if at all.)

God is quite capable of protecting the writings that he inspired his faithful servants to record for us, and making sure that they are available to his true servants today.

So, I invite you to thoughtfully consider . . .

"How the Bible Came to Us" {A part of the Appendix to the New World Translation (2013 Revision)

"Can You Trust the Bible?" {a short series of articles)

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?" {helps one examine the main teachings of the Bible)

Old 07-03-2015, 03:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We know you don't argue with the Bible, Finn. you DEMAND that the Spirit and the Bible be in harmony. You never test it or justify it. You just DEMAND it . . . no matter how ridiculous or unreasonable pretending they are in harmony might be.
Do you DEMAND a hammer falls on the ground when you drop it? Would it float in the air if you did not DEMAND it?

Of course it falls on the ground. Some things are just facts of life, and your opinion cannot change it. You can DEMAND the Bible is nonsense, but it won't make it so.

PS You suck at defining views of other people, so why continue year after year?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Do you DEMAND a hammer falls on the ground when you drop it? Would it float in the air if you did not DEMAND it?

Of course it falls on the ground. Some things are just facts of life, and your opinion cannot change it. You can DEMAND the Bible is nonsense, but it won't make it so.

From what I have read, mystic is 99% on point with his defining other peoples' views and attitudes...

Old 07-03-2015, 10:13 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:

If anyone were saying that the Bible is nonsense, or if the view that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God were analogous to the Law of Gravity, you would have a point, but all you have done with this one is confirm Mystic's analysis.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
What is very clear,is those who claim? To believe the bible are very skeptical about the Spirit

Old 07-03-2015, 10:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
If I wrote you a letter, but our enemies got ahold of it before you could read it, and they added sentences, paragraphs, or even whole pages of things contrary to what I said in my letter . . . how would you best be able to determine what it was I initially said . . . ?

If you could get a copy of the original letter, that would be the best way.

God allowed the churches to show who they really serve, and during that time they added sentences --& some of them, even full books-- to God's Word . . . which go completely contrary to what God's Word itself says.

Did Bible manuscripts which existed before the churches began taking such liberties with God's Word . . . survive to this day, for us to examine . . . ? Is there solid evidence of what the original Scriptures said, free of all tampering . . . ?

Yes!

By basing brand new accurate translations on the contents of those manuscripts . . . we come up with what God's Word initially said . . . minus the later & bogus additions, omissions, & changes in wording.

Teachings such as the 'trinity' and 'hellfire' are shown to be totally foreign to Scripture, as are the other unreasonable & unscriptural teachings of the churches.

For example, the Bible states that the incorrigibly wicked will cease to exist for eternity:

"For evil men will be done away with.
Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more." (Psalm 37:9a, 10a)

"[The] wicked will perish;
The enemies of Jehovah will . . . vanish like smoke." (Psalm 37:20)

"They are dead; they will not live. Powerless in death, they will not rise up. For you have turned your attention to them To annihilate them and destroy all mention of them." (Isaiah 26:14)

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left." (Hebrews 10:26)

"These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of eternal destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9a)

"The future of the wicked will be cut off." (Psalm 37:38b)

Also, God's own personal name is restored to its rightful places in Scripture some 7,000 times in the New World Translation. (Most Bibles only retain it twice, if at all.)

God is quite capable of protecting the writings that he inspired his faithful servants to record for us, and making sure that they are available to his true servants today.

So, I invite you to thoughtfully consider . . .

"How the Bible Came to Us" {A part of the Appendix to the New World Translation (2013 Revision)

"Can You Trust the Bible?" {a short series of articles)

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?" {helps one examine the main teachings of the Bible)
Jehovah's Witness?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is very clear, is those who claim? To believe the bible are very skeptical about the Spirit.
They fear what they cannot see, hear or comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity