Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
in Christ. What about those NOT in Christ?

It appears you and other evangelical fundies make LITTLE or NO distinction and condemn EVERYONE who does not THINK EXACTLY like you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 07:31 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The above was speaking to the children of Israel....
Yes. The servants of the Lord who are Israel and son of God.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
That just shows you how far from the teaching of Jesus Paul was.
It continues: For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

It is in harmony with over 200 statements in the Bible which repeat the simple message that those who believe have eternal life.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jeez Louise!!...there is NO condemnation in Christ...why does the evangelical fundies continue to focus on the punitive? Do they have some demented fixation with suffering and wailing??

All they ever do is argue over how many are supposed to perish. Let's start focusing on the JOY and MERCY of Christ, can we do that guys and gals?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jeez Louise!!...there is NO condemnation in Christ...why does the evangelical fundies continue to focus on the punitive? Do they have some demented fixation with suffering and wailing??

All they ever do is argue over how many are supposed to perish. Let's start focusing on the JOY and MERCY of Christ, can we do that guys and gals?
The only sinners out there are the ones that do not believe the bible in the same manner fundamentalists claim? to believe it. So those sinners need to hear about what sinners they are and where they will end up if they do not believe the bible too.

Talk about travelling land and sea to make a bigger child of hell than what you already are.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
As long as one understands that "condemned" does not mean "eternal hell fire and damnation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yes it does...
Dear Richard,

Adam was condemned for disobeying God. The judgment leveled on him was not eternal hell fire and damnation but he was condemned to a dying condition as was all his offspring:

Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

Do you not find it interesting that God never once threatened any of those prior to Noah's historic world-wide flood with eternal hell fire and damnation? He never threatened any Israelite with eternal hell if they broke His law. Yes, there were curses connected with the law should they break the law but never hell. No prophet ever threatened Israel or the world with hell. Jesus never did neither nor Paul.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:33 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
accidental double post. I am wiping this one out because it said the same thing as the one immediately below.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
In three verses Jesus says those who do not do the works of the son of man are condemned already for their lack of belief and says what the works are He is speaking of.

John 3:18 NRS

Those who believe in him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

John 14:12 NRS

Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.

John 14:10 NRS

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

If the words of God are the works as Jesus states then doing the works He did is spreading the word and believing in Him in that way.That is why He sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory.

By those three verses isn't this correct?
Notice...nowhere does it say that we earn his love, or earn eternal life by doing those works. It's a heresy to suggest that we can please God and cause him to love us by anything we do. Yes--those that are saved are the ones that do the works....but nowhere does it indicate that we are saved BY the works. The works are a symptom of true salvation. Don't put the cart before the horse like the foolish Galatians did.

Gal 3:1 "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 2Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected bya the flesh? 4Did you sufferb so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— 6just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

7Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justifyc the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Old 07-01-2015, 09:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Richard,

Adam was condemned for disobeying God. The judgment leveled on him was not eternal hell fire and damnation but he was condemned to a dying condition as was all his offspring:

Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

Do you not find it interesting that God never once threatened any of those prior to Noah's historic world-wide flood with eternal hell fire and damnation? He never threatened any Israelite with eternal hell if they broke His law. Yes, there were curses connected with the law should they break the law but never hell. No prophet ever threatened Israel or the world with hell. Jesus never did neither nor Paul.
I was being facetious, Big Easy....

Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Richard,

There was a lot of things that God hadn't revealed yet to any of them prior to Noah. If you're going to live out a pre-Noah faith you are missing a lot of good stuff about God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity