Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 02:49 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times

Advertisements

Drinking and driving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 02:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And many want "Love" with no rules.

Genuine love of others also means you do not want a person to do what God objects to.
To do otherwise would be unloving to God and neighbor.
Where does he object to a loving relationship with or without man-made rules?

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-03-2015 at 03:06 PM..

Old 07-03-2015, 02:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Drinking and driving!
Sitting next to your date and fluctuating...

Old 07-03-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Genuine love of others also means you do not want a person to do what God objects to. To do otherwise would be unloving to God and neighbor.
Is there a list of what God objects to in regards to people being in love?

Fellatio?

Oral Sex?

Does he approve of foreplay, or should we just do the "nasty" and roll over?

Speaking of doing it, what if we use birth control to prevent procreation, is that objectionable? Or is this too Catholic?

Since I have had a vasectomy, does that mean I am no longer allowed to have sex with my wife? ZERO chance of procreation now...

Does God want us to see each other's nakedness?

Lights on or Lights off?

Under the sheets or can we be on top?

Speaking of top position...

IS photographs OK? Video?

There are so many choices and I have yet to find an all inclusive list of what God objects to in the LOVE department...

Old 07-03-2015, 03:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:

Genuine love of others also means you do not want a person to do what God objects to. To do otherwise would be unloving to God and neighbor.
And we are right back to your idea that God would make an arbitrary "rule" that has noting to do with good or bad, help or harm and what I see is you looking for something to control others because YOU are prejudiced against it.

It will not fly

Old 07-03-2015, 03:12 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:

uh-oh... how dare you put boundaries on love...

But you are correct. Many around here invert 1 John 4:8 - and imply that Love is God. So when you start messing with love - watch out...

Old 07-03-2015, 03:34 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Problem is many are walking in Love and disobedience at the same time and you cant have both.
Jesus didnt talk about Gay marriage, but I still Love him, so it cant be wrong...That seems to be a common theme. There are many other examples too.

What I have pointed out is you cant disregard scriptures simply because Jesus didnt speak on a certain topic, when I pointed out most topics he discussed were due to the Pharisees bringing it to him and trying to trap him.
Ex: What command is the greatest form the Torah, then Jesus quoted Lev 19:18 & Deut 6:5 and said all the law and prophets are summed up and hang on those 2 commands.

Jesus himself said he wasnt greater than the father and he was here to uphold his fathers commands, so its time for alot of Christians to stop with the nonsense of: If its not in the NT, its null and void, when the NT was pretty clear its the animal sacrifices and ceremonial cleanliness stuff that was abolished and all the other moral stuff still stood.
It's their way of negating parts of the Bible that they don't like.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:13 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is there a list of what God objects to in regards to people being in love?
Fellatio?
Oral Sex?
Does he approve of foreplay, or should we just do the "nasty" and roll over?
Speaking of doing it, what if we use birth control to prevent procreation, is that objectionable? Or is this too Catholic?
Since I have had a vasectomy, does that mean I am no longer allowed to have sex with my wife? ZERO chance of procreation now...
Does God want us to see each other's nakedness?
Lights on or Lights off?
Under the sheets or can we be on top?
Speaking of top position...
IS photographs OK? Video?
There are so many choices and I have yet to find an all inclusive list of what God objects to in the LOVE department...
::Sigh:: Let's be clear. Sex is the result of carnal (read: animal) LUST. It has nothing to do with LOVE. Love is something we humans bring to the act because of the longings of our Spirits for closeness and intimacy. Our bodies seek satisfaction of our lust. Our Spirits seek satisfaction of our desire for oneness. They have nothing to do with one another except for our deliberately merging them. God is only concerned with Love . . . not how we satisfy our animal lust.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: Let's be clear. Sex is the result of carnal (read: animal) LUST. It has nothing to do with LOVE. Love is something we humans bring to the act because of the longings of our Spirits for closeness and intimacy. Our bodies seek satisfaction of our lust. Our Spirits seek satisfaction of our desire for oneness. They have nothing to do with one another except for our deliberately merging them. God is only concerned with Love . . . not how we satisfy our animal lust.
If God doesn't care, what are all the fundies yelling about?? LOL

Old 07-03-2015, 04:53 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If God doesn't care, what are all the fundies yelling about?? LOL
Good question. I haven't the faintest idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity