Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 07:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You are the typical Christian. Nothing here to be impressed with.

Christianity is not special in any way shape or form. It is just one of about 1000 religions or more that has existed since the dawn of humanity…ALL of which claim DIVINE REVELATIONS. All of which claim perfection. All of which proclaim infinite knowledge, uniqueness etc. So Christianity is just a religion just like any other religion and makes the same claims as all the other religions, just with different players. Out of all of these religions they all make mutually inconsistent claims so they can all be correct
You are full of BS it is untrue, you are offended because i got in your face about your BS and you decide without any research that i am a christian fundamentalist, i touched a raw nerve in you, you didn't like it and tarred me with the same brush you tar all who oppose your beliefs. At least quote what i believe rather than spewing your vile presumptions that are so far from what i believe it is untrue. You are the epitome of a fundy...... I do not believe anything you think makes a person a Christian. I do not believe in the Christian heaven and hell,.......... do you want me to continue correcting your presumptions ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 07:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are full of BS it is untrue, you are offended because i got in your face about your BS and you decide without any research that i am a christian fundamentalist, i touched a raw nerve in you, you didn't like it and tarred me with the same brush you tar all who oppose your beliefs. At least quote what i believe rather than spewing your vile presumptions that are so far from what i believe it is untrue. You are the epitome of a fundy......
actually got to give the "hitting the raw nerve" to Matadora.

But not bad however for the supposed love \ don't judge crowd in being so judgmental with the name calling which what I'm sensing is his point in all this ... you guys with all your absolute surety of yourselves that you are no less dogmatic of your opinion that warrants the title that you attempt to distance yourself from.

In other words, you guys are no less guilty of portraying "Fundamentalism" traits and demeanors in your opposition dogma as you accuse the so-called "Fundamentalist" in any other belief that thinks of itself as correct.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-19-2015 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 07:43 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
OK then what beliefs are necessary to be considered a Christian?
It seems you want a checklist by which you can label and pigeonhole people. Life and people aren't that uncomplicated. I'm sure you must know this.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
These days Christianity can mean almost anything. It can mean strict adherence to literal interpretations of the bible. It can also mean mystical mumbo jumbo. Or New Age quackery. There are a whole range of radically different religions going by the name "Christianity." It's all very confusing. But it's exactly what we would expect if religion were a purely human invention.
You were doing fairly well until that last sentence. When you pulled the lid of your box back over your head. Though your use of the word "if" gives me hope you might be peeking out. And you get points for admitting it's confusing. Which it must be for someone as thoroughly indoctrinated as you were.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-19-2015 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
actually got to give the "hitting the raw nerve" to Matadora.

But not bad however for the supposed love \ don't judge crowd in being so judgmental with the name calling which what I'm sensing is his point in all this ... you guys with all your absolute surety of yourselves that you are no less dogmatic of your opinion that warrants no less the title that you attempt to distance yourself from.
I speak to all fundamentalists in the same manner, just like the one you pretend you say you believe did. Hope that is not to of an offensive truth for you, considering you too believe the truth is offensive lol me arse of too, all that believe the truth is offensive are trying lol to jump on me... hope MatDora the explorer is not cool with homosexuality, we couldn't have you bible fundies being in allegiance with an atheist who is cool with homosexuality. Is it any wonder we are weary of you fundamentalists that are against all that represents the true essence of what God is.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-19-2015 at 07:57 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 08:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I speak to all fundamentalists in the same manner, just like the one you pretend you say you believe did. Hope that is not to of an offensive truth for you, considering you too believe the truth is offensive lol me arse of too, all that believe the truth is offensive are trying lol to jump on me... hope MatDora the explorer is not cool with homosexuality, we couldn't have you bible fundies being in allegiance with an atheist who is cool with homosexuality. Is it any wonder we are weary of you fundamentalists that are against all that represents the true essence of what God is.
I'm still waiting for the love only crowd to insistently tell him that not only Christianity is the correct one but he's going to have to bow the knee in belief before Jesus .... which of course such a view is something you couldn't have with out being a Bible fundie

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-19-2015 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 08:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for the love only crowd to insistently tell him that not only is Christianity is the correct one but he's going to have to bow the knee in belief before Jesus .... which of course such a view is something you couldn't have with out being a Bible fundie
No, twin, most of the love only crowd has been sucked into a battle not worth the effort. Since Mattie does not claim Christ as Savior there is no need to correct her. It's akin to trying to debate with Freak---no value in it, since the people we are wanting to convince are those seeking a spirit filled life.

YOU however, are a false witness of the nature of God. We have a duty and obligation before the throne of the Almighty to stand against such sin---and we will--so that those looking for a spirit filled life will see just how ugly your religion really is.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the love only crowd to insistently tell him that not only is Christianity is the correct one but he's going to have to bow the knee in belief before Jesus .... which of course such a view is something you couldn't have with out being a Bible fundie
The love only the crowd? do you not understand that that which you mock, Jesus told us to abide in ?. Yea I know you are not feeling the love from me, but why should that bother you when you are adamant that truth is offensive?.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
YOU however, are a false witness of the nature of God. We have a duty and obligation before the throne of the Almighty to stand against such sin---and we will--so that those looking for a spirit filled life will see just how ugly your religion really is.
Nail on head. Rep coming soon.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:22 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
These days Christianity can mean almost anything. It can mean strict adherence to literal interpretations of the bible. It can also mean mystical mumbo jumbo. Or New Age quackery. There are a whole range of radically different religions going by the name "Christianity." It's all very confusing. But it's exactly what we would expect if religion were a purely human invention.
You were doing fairly well until that last sentence. When you pulled the lid of your box back over your head. Though your use of the word "if" gives me hope you might be peeking out. And you get points for admitting it's confusing. Which it must be for someone as thoroughly indoctrinated as you were.
I don't think he faltered in the last sentence really. If people espouse 24,762 different versions of doctrine then it strongly argues against the witness of the Holy Spirit, or at least the effectiveness or utility thereof.

The information in the Bible is supposed to be pretty dad-burned important. It's supposed to improve one's life, if not save one from eternal damnation. It's supposed to convey terribly vital instructions about what to do with your sex organs and by some people's assertions, what you're supposed to eat. If the Bible doesn't convey a pretty homogenous meaning to all comers then it is an epic fail as a means of communication between god and man.

On the other hand if we understand Christianity as a human invention then all that chaos makes perfect sense. Your Christianity means exactly what you say it means ... no more and no less. And that's equally true of the next person, and the next.

I realize of course that many Christians will simply counter that man is at fault for confusing the message which never actually changes. But then you are elevating man above your god and you still have the confusion to deal with, despite god supposedly not being willing that any should perish for lack of clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity