Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 11:49 PM

1,422 posts, read 952,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I think Richard was refer to the Jewish or Christian God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea...That's my reference point...
Yes, I am aware of that. Olny the confusion seems to be that Christians tend to believe that the Jewish god is the christian god., and that this god is the true representation of G()D

I was saying 'nope.'

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 03:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, the question was asked, and while the attackers have not answer the question why they do it, they have certainly exposed themselves as accusers of the brethren.
Why have you spent weeks attacking homosexuals?.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It seems we have a few members punching below the belt when a Christian states what they believe, and then gives scripture to support their viewpoints.

This seems to be unethical conduct, and not something that should interrupt communication between Christians (and others) who come here for reasons other than to combat people's faith.

If you don't believe the Bible (pick a translation), then you're wasting your time & bandwidth trying to challenge people's faith for the sake of your entertainment.

To define: Christian (n, pn) A person who believes God the Father has sent His Son Jesus Christ to take away the sins of the world, apart from man's efforts.
You can either put them on your ignore list or just ignore them and go on. We don't have to answer to them.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Citations please.

1: Who are these 'attackers you are referring to. Names.

2: There has been plenty of reason given by posters as to 'why' they 'are on the Christian Forum'
Here here, we all want to know the sorted details of the accusations...

The heathens must be dealt with swiftly and expediently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzT10MSgKtU

Old 07-17-2015, 05:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
How many atheists post on the board regularly? And continually argue and tell us what "blind sheep" we are for following Christ? I don't know the number but there are a lot of them
There are many who say such things, but most of them are not atheists, but believers in alternate religions. They harbor more resentment against Christians than anyone, and their main reason for coming here is to judge and condemn Christians.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-17-2015 at 06:10 AM..

Old 07-17-2015, 06:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are many who say such things, but most of them are not atheists, but believers in alternate beliefs. They harbor more resentment against Christians than anyone, and their main reason for coming here is to condemn Christians.
Heretics I say, all of them are heretics!

Christ will not be mocked by anyone, let alone modern day Pharisees...no sir re-bob...

It is time we took back THE true meaning and nature of God and His son. It is only then that men (people) will see God for who He was meant to be and only then that we will be welcomed as the ambassadors of Christ with an authentic message to the world---

LOVE GOD and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR...

These are the two greatest commandments and can ONLY be accomplished when we listen--

O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.---------------------Micah 6:8

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 07-17-2015 at 06:55 AM..

Old 07-17-2015, 06:07 AM

865 posts, read 1,077,489 times
I'm on the Christianity board because I'm absolutely fascinated by the psychology of Christians (really any form of theism). Moreso the Christians who live in very secularised areas, where there is a significant atheist influence (therefore, British and Western European Christians are much more interesting to me than Christians who have lived their whole lives in small town Mississippi). I studied Psychology at university and religion as a psychological defence mechanism to protect against reality is a fascinating topic for me.

Last edited by micC; 07-17-2015 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: grammatical error in original posting.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micC View Post
I studied Psychology at university and religion as a psychological defence mechanism to protect against reality is a fascinating topic for me.
That's funny.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM

865 posts, read 1,077,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's funny.
It is funny and I enjoy having a laugh about it. But also fascinating.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's funny.
It's an accurate portrayal of you.

And yeah, sometimes it's funny but mostly it's very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity