Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 04:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please show me one verse where Jesus advocates for helping someone commit sin. That's what YOU do. And at this point, I think you are just on the homosexual bandwagon because it gets you a lot of praise in this culture. And that's is more akin to the Pharisees who only cared about making themselves look good.

Well there will be no praise for homosexuality on judgement day. By your fruits, you will know them. What are the fruits of homosexuality? Disease, suicide, discord, depression, all fruits from Satan himself. Sexual immorality doesn't bring joy and happiness.
First show me one verse where Jesus condemned anyone for their sin OTHER than bible-believing Pharisees. He never condemned anyone but "bible-believers" for ANY kind of sin. Not one, anywhere, for any reason.

Your continued vitriol against homosexual is nothing but your latent homosexuality trying to out scream your inner self.

Read what transsexual / bisexual geekigurl says about herself. She understands it is a burden to be who she is because of religious bigots like you (you resemble many Muslims in that regard) but she is HAPPY with her life. And she knows her Bible backwards as well as forwards.

It is YOU who is her Satan, having caused much of the depression, suicide and "disease" among those of her sexual orientation. I think God may have a murder charge to level at you.

YOU are the cause of many of the physical and mental problems of homosexuals. YOU. The CDC says:

Quote:
Homophobia, stigma, and discrimination may place gay and bisexual men at risk for multiple physical and mental health problems and affect whether they take protective actions with their partners or seek and are able to obtain high-quality health services.
So why don't YOU get your life right with God and stop denying that Jesus stated clearly that His followers have NO rights whatsoever--not one.

The example of Jesus is against it. He went to the cross willingly and instructed His followers not to fight for Him (John 18:36). And He calls all of us to take up our own cross and follow in His footsteps (Matthew 16:21-26).

But you want your "rights."

Jesus explicitly taught against fighting back. In the Garden of Gethsemane, shortly before His crucifixion, He told Peter to put down his sword, explaining that all who lived by the sword would die by the sword (Matthew 26:51-54)

But you want your "rights."

The entire testimony of the New Testament is against us fighting against our persecutors. Instead, we are called to pray for them (Matthew 5:43-48), we are described as lambs going to the slaughter (Romans 8:35-39; 1 Peter 2:21-23), we are promised persecution (2 Timothy 3:12; John 15:18-20), and only those who suffer with Jesus will reign with Him (Romans 8:16-18). Great is their reward in heaven (Matthew 5:10-12).

But you want your rights.

And you want your rights regardless of what Jesus demands of you. You are just another "lawyer" of the book without Jesus in your heart.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Please show me one verse where Jesus advocates for helping someone commit sin. That's what YOU do. And at this point, I think you are just on the homosexual bandwagon because it gets you a lot of praise in this culture. And that's is more akin to the Pharisees who only cared about making themselves look good.

Well there will be no praise for homosexuality on judgement day. By your fruits, you will know them. What are the fruits of homosexuality? Disease, suicide, discord, depression, all fruits from Satan himself. Sexual immorality doesn't bring joy and happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, it's alright to discriminate while serving the public because you are a Christian?
Quote:
Did I say that? In some cases, yes it is alright to discriminate and some cases it is not. Denying essential needs and services is not acceptable. OTOH, we live in a world where discrimination occurs all the time. Is Harvard discriminating against dumb people by not allowing just anyone to go there? What about an exclusive club that decides to favor attractive female customers at the door over other people waiting to get in? Why can't I just join any club or organization that I want too? Otherwise, it's discrimination, right?
What are the laws that protect against discrimination? Do you honestly believe that you have the right to discriminate against people and deny them of the same rights that you have to eat at a restaurant of your choosing, to shop at the mall, bakery or supermarket, to seek gainful employment, to buy a car or house because their beliefs may conflict with yours?

And what right to you have in condemning anyone, other than maybe that of yourself to a fictitious place of damnation? Do you believe you are really worthy of anyone's praise besides that of your own? The only thing I am seeing is your self-righteousness: "There will be no praise for homosexuality on judgement day." Has it ever dawned on you that it is you who is adversarial (i.e., Satan), and it is by your fruits that you are known. If you want to enter the kingdom of heaven or Harvard, then you will have to raise your high school GPA.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:18 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
What are the laws that protect against discrimination? Do you honestly believe that you have the right to discriminate against people and deny them of the same rights that you have to eat at a restaurant of your choosing, to shop at the mall, bakery or supermarket, to seek gainful employment, to buy a car or house because their beliefs may conflict with yours?

And what right to you have in condemning anyone, other than maybe that of yourself to a fictitious place of damnation? Do you believe you are really worthy of anyone's praise besides that of your own? The only thing I am seeing is your self-righteousness: "There will be no praise for homosexuality on judgement day." Has it ever dawned on you that it is you who is adversarial (i.e., Satan), and it is by your fruits that you are known. If you want to enter the kingdom of heaven or Harvard, then you will have to raise your high school GPA.
You completely ignored every point I made ,and just resorted to deafening grand standing. It's a waste of time to continue trying to reason with someone like you. I have the Word of God on my side which is crystal clear that homosexuality is a SIN.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:17 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
You completely ignored every point I made ,and just resorted to deafening grand standing. It's a waste of time to continue trying to reason with someone like you. I have the Word of God on my side which is crystal clear that homosexuality is a SIN.
I have Jesus on my side and He says you are a latent homosexual trying to hide from yourself.

It's time for you to repent and be yourself. God won't think less of you, but you can be sure your right wing extreme fundamentalists will damn you to hell, good people that they are.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy
Jeff, just what is it YOU want to see happen to gay people? In another thread, Romulus asked Janelle if she wanted them to be exterminated. What do you think should happen to gay people? Do you think they should be exterminated? Do you think they should be jailed? Should they be isolated on a desert island? It's a serious question. You talk about them a lot. What do you think should happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
To ask someone if gays should be exterminated is such an infantile and ridiculous question, the poster shouldn’t even entertain the idea of a response.
I rather suspect that those such as yourself and Janelle, SumTingy, are afraid of the question, "What should be done with homosexuals?", because the only satisfactory answer for you and yours IS that they should be exterminated. Are you implying that you would make a public stand against homosexuals being exterminated? If so, why? I mean, what other 'solution' is there to rid Planet Earth of these 'abominations' whose only evil task in life is to molest children and to recruit them into their 'filthy lifestyle'? Homosexual people are not going to go away voluntarily thereby creating a huge problem for 'Christianity' ...especially since these 'abominations' are now (gasp) infiltrating the Church with the intent of turning more and more congregants to accepting their 'vile lifestyle'

This 'Christian' isn't too shy to answer the question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVseLfwfCMA

Please Janelle, and SumTingy ...answer the question. What should be done with homosexuals from what YOU believe to be a 'divine' perspective?

Old 08-26-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade

Quote:
Well, Jeff, I've argued this with you on a number of occasions but either the blinders that you wear prevent you from seeing this or you otherwise choose to stay with your fundamentalist mindset on the topic and purposely ignore it. And then, there is also the other possibility that your 'protesting' loudly is a pretty good cover for your own ... ...well, never mind.

Let's try again. The only condemnation (by God?) to same gender sexual practices are with regard to temple prostitution and pagan idolatry worship. I've asked you a number of times to refute this but so far you - as well as your 'fundie buddies' - haven't been able to.

But anyway, let's play the devil's advocate here and say that Leviticus 20:13 really DOES command the death penalty for homosexuals. Why do you (and yours) only believe half of that passage of scripture? I mean, you're pretty enthusiastic on the first part but you lose steam on the final part. Do you believe God's word or don't you?

Old 08-26-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
So people do not know the whole story???

Is your interpretation of god so small and so weak that god is not able to share the truth?
Quote:
I love how your side acts like getting involved with gay marriage which is an extreme offense to God is the Christian thing to do.
Chapter and verse ...PLEASE! Or, is this another example of the 'Gospel according to jeffbase40' ...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
It would be like asking Jesus to tend bar at a strip club. Because you know, helping out your fellow man is the right thing to do. No helping people commit sin is a STAIN ON YOUR SOUL.
I'm somewhat like Mr. Spock, Jeff, minus the pointy ears. Logic can be your friend. Every human being on Planet earth apparently falls short of the glory of God, i.e. they 'sin'. Every Christian baker or supplier of goods to the public would know this. However, they seem to have no qualms at serving any 'sinner' other than the gay couple getting married. They should perhaps do the 'Christian' thing and get out of the public service business altogether in order to, ahem, cover their religious ass.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Do you encourage them to keep drinking and praising sin? Because that's what you are advocating when you claim that it would be Christ like for the bakers to do their duty and help make a gay wedding a success. Jesus would go to the bar, but He give them a message of hope and tell them to turn away from sin, not encourage them to keep doing what they are doing. BIG difference.
Quote:
In other words, it's alright to discriminate while serving the public because you are a Christian?
Quote:
Did I say that? In some cases, yes it is alright to discriminate and some cases it is not. Denying essential needs and services is not acceptable. OTOH, we live in a world where discrimination occurs all the time. Is Harvard discriminating against dumb people by not allowing just anyone to go there? What about an exclusive club that decides to favor attractive female customers at the door over other people waiting to get in? Why can't I just join any club or organization that I want too? Otherwise, it's discrimination, right?
Quote:

Quote:
You completely ignored every point I made, and just resorted to deafening grand standing. It's a waste of time to continue trying to reason with someone like you. I have the Word of God on my side which is crystal clear that homosexuality is a SIN.
I will ask you again, "What are the laws that protect against discrimination?" An intelligence quotient isn't one of them. Which wasn't ignored, as it just didn't have any merit, any more than joining a private girls club or because someone is more attractive. And I highly doubt Harvard would discriminate because someone had a disability, after all, we have ADA laws and other laws that prevent schools and businesses from discriminating based on race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical disability, and age which protects persons 40 years or older from age-based employment discrimination. Nothing there that says you can't be blond or blue eyed with or without freckles?

I understand that people have preferences, but that in, and of itself is no reason to discriminate. And I wasn't grandstanding: "I have the Word of God ..." What is a waste of time is attempting to discuss anything with someone who believes they are superior to other people. Nowhere, did Jesus condemn the poor in spirit or the downtrodden - those who were oppressed or treated badly by people in power.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYsBDmqJfjQ

Old 08-27-2018, 05:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
What was the context? Have you turned in that letter of resignation?
Or, are you confirming that you are an extreme fundamentalist?
Eh

Fee free to call me anything you want.

Just wanted to point out the fact that vast majority of your posts are dedicated to condemning others. Maybe you haven't noticed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity