Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 11:39 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Thanks for informing me that I hate Christainity, I was totally unaware of that. I guess the context of the words hate Christainity means disagree with those who use their religion as a weapon upon others instead of as a tool to help themselves.
Everything you post on this forum tells us that. Perhaps you don't, but you sure do a good impression of someone that hates it.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:40 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Denominational bashing is alive and well. Those who belong to evangelical denominations are fair game.
As fair game as are LBGT folks. As fair game as atheists on the atheists and agnostic forum or JW and Mormons on this forum. Yes many bash evangelicals and they likely do not perceive that they are doing that anymore than you can perceive how you bash certain others.

And yes I fall into that as much as you. The evangelicals do not even recognize that they are bashing LBGT folks and posters on this thread. 8f BaptistFundie believes based on my posts that I hate Christainity then 8t would be fair from the posts of evangelical posters that they hate gays.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
1000 pages now of hate. Amazing.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
As fair game as are LBGT folks.
They are not being bashed. Discussion what the Bible says about the topic is not bashing

Quote:
As fair game as atheists on the atheists and agnostic forum or JW and Mormons on this forum.
Try associating Mormons to nazis etc, and see what happens.

Quote:
Yes many bash evangelicals and they likely do not perceive that they are doing that .........
How do you not know it when you insult them (those from evangelical denominations), call them nazis, haters, bigots, abominations, liars, cowards, and every other name under the sun? It is very deliberate. Trout just said he, and others, abhor them. How do you not realize what you are saying?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:02 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Keeps you chubbed everyday , right BFun?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:11 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Thanks for informing me that I hate Christainity, I was totally unaware of that. I guess the context of the words hate Christainity means disagree with those who use their religion as a weapon upon others instead of as a tool to help themselves.

I do get tired of folks like yourself why for some reason cannot tolerate people disagreeing with you and then using your religion as a shield so that it is the entire religion rather than your own posts that I must be opposed. It is very dishonest and is clearly a false accusation. A violation of one of the Commandments.

Yes I oppose fundamentalist of all religions. I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish or Muslim, I disagree with the fundamentalists view of a religion. There are many wonderful Christians on these forums. It is rather cowardly for you and several other posters here to hide behind the good Christians in order to post your fundamentalist views.

Besides the stories of the Old Testament are not from Christainity but from Judaism. And you understand the culture of ancient Jews and the much more recent Jews of Christ's time as well? And cannot be questioned even when others who claim the same as you have a different understanding of the verses?

You , Jeff, Finn and others are not Christainity nor do I even hate you. Other Christians can disagree with you and do so. Accusing me of hating your religion is for what resdon, to shut me up? To be able to say whatever you want with no challenge? To feel good? I don't know.
This post illuminates a peculiarity of fundamentalism that runs throughout this and other threads.

Everything is seen through a prism of "they hate us, we are persecuted, being picked on." It's very bizarre to those on the outside whose words are misused and twisted to fit this paradigm. It is a very fundamentalist, exclusive way of thinking, and not just in Christianity. It is so deeply ingrained that they get to a point where they can see nothing else and read and hear every statement as an attack.

The scary part is that like Jim Jones, like David Koresh, like Osama bin Laden, there are people with leadership qualities who know how to gather multitudes who embrace that way of thinking and use them for their own agendas, and it never ends well.

Hopefully more often than not, it does not reach that level of violence and remains within the mutterings of those who live their lives through a persecution identity, or at worst, makes for mud-slinging on message boards.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
HAHAHA, I was hoping for that before we hit the 10K and I close this one. You did not fail me!

I was going to go through and find all your posts where you did the "count" ("200, 400, 700, etc., pages of them PICKING ON US!") and post them, but I think I have run out of time.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This post illuminates a peculiarity of fundamentalism that runs throughout this and other threads.

Everything is seen through a prism of "they hate us, we are persecuted, being picked on." It's very bizarre to those on the outside whose words are misused and twisted to fit this paradigm. It is a very fundamentalist, exclusive way of thinking, and not just in Christianity.
Interesting.

Do you have anything to say about the endless claims from others claiming Christians/Evangelicals "hate gays". Practically all such accusations are directed at Evangelical Christians, not vice versa. The whole thread is built on the false assumption that those evil evangelicals hate gays, and are bigots, nazis abominations etc.

Do you find it equally peculiar/bizarre when Evangelical Christians are the target of such accusations?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Interesting.

Do you have anything to say about the endless claims from others claiming Christians/Evangelicals "hate gays". Practically all such accusations are directed at Evangelical Christians, not vice versa. The whole thread is built on the false assumption that those evil evangelicals hate gays, and are bigots, nazis abominations etc.

Do you find it equally peculiar/bizarre when Evangelical Christians are the target of such accusations?
That's a fair question, and I think my answer would be "it depends", usually on the poster. In some cases, it appears to be a childish tactic without any basis in fact to posters who have never said they hate gays. That's different, though, because as far as I can tell, none of the posters who are accusing you of hating gays are gay themselves, which is a different situation from actual Christians complaining that they are being attacked for their Christianity.

On the other hand, we have had posters in this thread actually tell LGBTQ people that God hates them, that they are destined for hell, that they are abominations, etc. Some of them were so over the top rotten that their posts were deleted, and they were banned.

It has been pointed out several times that the thread was begun by a person who has very good reason to believe that fundamentalists hate gays, because that was exactly his experience. Threatened with being cut off from the love of his family and church, forced to undergo conversion therapy to try to make him into something he is not, all in the name of Christianity because he is gay--that is indeed hatred in action.

The thread was begun after fundamentalist Christianity lobbed the first grenade at a gay man, not because someone wanted to attack Christianity out of the blue.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Post No. 10,000. As promised, this thread is closed. Please see new thread on Christianity and the LGBTQ community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity