Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 05:32 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did Paul judge a hole slew of people in Rom 1, and then say "do not judge" in Rom 2?

No. He spoke the truth in Rom 1, he did not attack any particular person, so he didn't judge anyone. That is what others are trying to do here, but every time you try, the judgers will throw rocks at you and accuse you of being judgmental, hater, bigot, etc. Ironically they end up being guilty of what they try to accuse others of.
Dude, it's a vicious cycle. We say something that isn't all syrupy sweet and sprinkled with what they define as love, so we are roasted as bigots, haters, and worshippers of a book. They of course are not flinging insults, we just don't understand the true nature of their 'love'. We do it because we're evil. They do it unintentionally and should of course be given the benefit of the doubt.

Romulus- all are born into this world with a sin nature, so I'm afraid your dog won't hunt.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:44 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Ok, well, don't gives your arguments either.

No, it sure isn't, but it is typical you'd think trying to discuss something equates to "going after people". That's the whole problem with your stance, and makes the discussion a waste of time.
Is it possible for you to give a simple answer to the question that Romulus has asked over and over? All this talk about violence is really nothing more than sidestepping the question asked of you.

Do you believe that some people are born with a an innate attraction to people of the same sex? Yes or No.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- "Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than any other sin?"

Maybe because they want to cause people to look away from their sin instead (?)

Gay children are born to mostly christians in the USA since this is a xian nation.

God punishes xians with homosexual children.

Xians are then angry with their children instead of the thing that controls and creates everything including gay children.

amen

Old 09-26-2018, 06:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Is it possible for you to give a simple answer to the question that Romulus has asked over and over? All this talk about violence is really nothing more than sidestepping the question asked of you.
I tried to have an honest discussion with him, and offered my view points, and he told me "don't give me that nonsense.....". He is not interested in my views. He is only interested in pushing his agenda. I brought up my view before he started asking the question, so he is asking the question to deflect from my obvious point.

Why should I continue to waste my time, when he straight up told me he is not interested in my views?

Furthermore, why would a moderator ask me to continue to waste my time?

As for his question, I already answered it by saying people are not necessarily both with tendencies, but can develop them as they grow up.

Like I said, he is not interested in anything other than posting same lines he has posted hundreds of times already. Everyone else has already given up on him.

He is free to believe anything he wants. I won't change his mind, and he won't change mine.

He also started to accuse me of "going after people", which is not true, so there are multiple reasons for me to stop this waste of time. Why don't you challenge him about that, since you want to get involved?

You pick up where I left off.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:

Do you believe that some people are born with a an innate attraction to people of the same sex? Yes or No.
Quote:
I tried to have an honest discussion with him, and offered my view points, and he told me "don't give me that nonsense.....". He is not interested in my views. He is only interested in pushing his agenda. I brought up my view before he started asking the question, so he is asking the question to deflect from my obvious point.

Why should I continue to waste my time, when he straight up told me he is not interested in my views?

Furthermore, why would a moderator ask me to continue to waste my time?

As for his question, I already answered it by saying people are not necessarily both with tendencies, but can develop them as they grow up.

Like I said, he is not interested in anything other than posting same lines he has posted hundreds of times already. Everyone else has already given up on him.

He is free to believe anything he wants. I won't change his mind, and he won't change mine.

He also started to accuse me of "going after people", which is not true, so there are multiple reasons for me to stop this waste of time. Why don't you challenge him about that, since you want to get involved?

You pick up where I left off.
So, is that a Yes or a No?

BTW, Moderators are members of City-Data. I'm not making a moderator post. I'm not asking you to waste your time. All I'm asking you to do is answer the simply Yes or No question. If I had seen you answer it in clear unambiguous terms before, I would not have asked.

Is it Yes or No?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
So, is that a Yes or a No?

BTW, Moderators are members of City-Data. I'm not making a moderator post. I'm not asking you to waste your time. All I'm asking you to do is answer the simply Yes or No question. If I had seen you answer it in clear unambiguous terms before, I would not have asked.

Is it Yes or No?
I answered the question multiple times. I said people are not necessarily born with tendencies, but can develop them as they grow up. This is proven, as many gays have said they were not always gay. People have tried to research the subject (starting with Simon LeVay's flawed conclusions) in order to prove some are born that way and have failed to establish any scientific evidence to show there is 100% genetic basis for it.

If you don't like the answer, it is not my problem.

I'll let you know when I need your help getting a Yes/No answer from people like Jerwade who never give me an answer.

That's all. Thanks.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I answered the question multiple times. I said people are not necessarily born with tendencies, but can develop them as they grow up. This is proven, as many gays have said they were not always gay. People have tried to research the subject (starting with Simon LeVay's flawed conclusions) in order to prove some are born that way and have failed to establish any scientific evidence to show there is 100% genetic basis for it.

If you don't like the answer, it is not my problem.

I'll let you know when I need your help getting a Yes/No answer from people like Jerwade who never give me an answer.

That's all. Thanks.
OK. In all that long post, all you said was "No."

I disagree. I instinctively know that nobody would CHOOSE to live such a difficult existence. I know that, as far back as my memory takes me (like to age 3), that I never made a choice that I would be attracted to females instead of males or both or either. I remember having a "sorta crush" on a girl in my first grade class. I remember noticing pretty girls in junior high school. I remember knowing it was OK to ask a girl for a date when I was in high school. In all my life, it never occurred to me to ask a guy for a date. Never. Therefore, I know that sexual orientation was absolutely NEVER a choice for me, and I see no reason to think it was for anybody else.

BTW, that still leaves room for people that are confused, or are attracted to either or both sexes.

I don't need scientific research to know the truth of this.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I disagree.
You disagree? That's fine.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
You disagree? That's fine.
What part of what mensaguy do you disagree with and explain why. You haven't an argument that you have put any reasonable thought into other than you think homosexuality is sinful because you "think" the bible says so.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Straight answers are anathema to twisted people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity