Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 11:06 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And I haven't heard a good counter argument to the health issue. The statistics are alarming. Homosexuals are a small minority of the population yet they make up the vast majority of STDS transmissions. Why is that? Why is risky sexual activity with multiple partners so much more prevalent in homosexuality? It's funny that now you have ZERO recent studies looking at such trends. Most likely out of fear of the backlash if anyone dared publish something negative about homosexuality. All part of the false narrative.

Furthermore, there are social consequences when a child is raised outside of the norm of having both a mother and father. We are designed to be receive qualities and learning from both sexes. We can already seem what happens outside the norm when divorce became socially acceptable. More poverty, more crime, more angry young people acting out in violent ways. Kids in previous generations were born with the same brains. They didn't go to school and mass murder their peers.
27 killed in school shootings in the US in the 19th century.

48 killed in one bombing in 1927.

44 dead in us school shootings between the years 1900 and 1950

Granted many of theses shootings were done by father's in two parent families upset with a teacher but the point is that there were school shootings when divorce was rare and was more than half a century prior t9 SSM. Your claims can be fact checked and no matter how you paint the past as an idyllic one with tow parent, two children and a dog, white Christian world it was not so perfect.

You have been told repeatedly that before homosexuality was open they could not afford t9 have long relationships for fear of losing their jobs, being imprisoned or killed. Think about the man who did more than any other to keep Britain from falling to the NAZIS was rewarded by his government, not by a medal or a OBE but a jail term because he was gay.

Can you post a link to the numerous studies conducted in the past decade showing the harmful effects of children being raised by two same sex parents. Perhaps you should G9 to women's shelters and explain how they would be better off going back home to the abuse because you think divorce is bad for the children, even the ones being abused. Maybe go to the victims and suvivors of the residential schools to tell them that their abuses occurred before divorces were common therefore they weren't truly abused by the churches.

Jeff, you constantly are pointing out this or that secular reasons for problems of today's society with total disregard to both what this more religious society actually was like and the changes that have affected society that have nothing to do with non secular.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God doesn't like sin... which includes both homosexual activity, and hetero-sexual activity outside of marriage.

Neither one of these sins will prevent people from receiving Christ and becoming children of God - since it is on the basis of Christ's death, that people are delivered from God's future wrath.

However, they are still sinful activities based on a lack of faith in God.
More of the same answer: God won’t be pleased. Which most of us disagree with. I’m asking what harm homosexuality causes?

Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
And I haven't heard a good counter argument to the health issue. The statistics are alarming. Homosexuals are a small minority of the population yet they make up the vast majority of STDS transmissions. Why is that? Why is risky sexual activity with multiple partners so much more prevalent in homosexuality? It's funny that now you have ZERO recent studies looking at such trends. Most likely out of fear of the backlash if anyone dared publish something negative about homosexuality. All part of the false narrative.
Perhaps because men have been more likely to engage in risky sexual behavior than women? And since half the homosexual population is female, are you factoring in their statistics as well?

Quote:
Furthermore, there are social consequences when a child is raised outside of the norm of having both a mother and father. We are designed to be receive qualities and learning from both sexes. We can already seem what happens outside the norm when divorce became socially acceptable. More poverty, more crime, more angry young people acting out in violent ways. Kids in previous generations were born with the same brains. They didn't go to school and mass murder their peers.
You’re making quite a leap there, assuming that the problem is not having both genders in the parental role within a single household. It makes more sense to me that divorce itself (or more accurately, what leads to divorce) is the issue.

Last edited by Pleroo; 11-12-2018 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-12-2018, 11:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
More of the same answer: God won’t be pleased. Which most of us disagree with. I’m asking what harm homosexuality causes?
None, of course. I know you weren't asking me. But your post gives me a launching pad.

Every fundamentalist I've known in rl or online has low self-esteem. It's practically a requirement, along with poor education and deliberate obtuseness. They have such a poor opinion of themselves as worthless sinners that they leap at the opportunity to point at someone committing a "sin" they have no desire to commit themselves. Eureka! Somebody who's worse than they are, doing stuff the anonymous guys in the biblical collection of pamphlets said they shouldn't do! They're even rottener than we are!

It's cowardly, hypocritical, and flat-out disgusting.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
This notion that bible believing Christians are bigots who hate gay people is grossly false. But if you think the only way we can show love to a gay person is to go out and burn our Bibles and believe that sin is good and natural then you are on the wrong side of true Christianity.
Obviously, it's about disagreeing, not hating. But that attitude of condemnation because someone is born with a different sexual orientation is asinine. Your religious beliefs are not about who you are, they were acquired through that which you were taught to believe. People do not have to be taught to be heterosexual or homosexual, it is a part of who they are, not what they have been told. However, people are taught to be prejudice.

My white autistic granddaughter walked up to an African American woman in an amusement park, and took her hand. The woman had tears in her eyes while walking with our granddaughter, telling us that it was the first time a little white girl, openly held her hand without an expressed difference regarding the color of her skin. She asked us, if she could hug our granddaughter. My granddaughter responded by reaching up with her arms. So, let me ask you, have you hugged someone different than that of yourself, and truly showed them that they are loved?

My older daughter is also in the autism spectrum, like my granddaughter. They have friends that are disabled (having no legs or arms), friends that are athletic and of different color, in addition to those of various sexual orientations and religious beliefs - they were never taught to see people differently, and love them for who they are - can you say the same thing when passing out your judgments?

Old 11-12-2018, 12:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times
Homosexuality is sin. The Bible makes it clear as has been presented repeatedly in this thread.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Homosexuality is sin. The Bible makes it clear as has been presented repeatedly in this thread.
Are you a worthless sinner whose righteousness is as filth-rags?

Old 11-12-2018, 12:23 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Yes, but Jesus Christ is not a sinner and case save me and every homosexual.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
You haven’t read a single one of Romulus’ posts, have you?

Old 11-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Yes, but Jesus Christ is not a sinner and can save me and every homosexual.
When people have a low opinion of themselves, they have a tendency to drag other's down with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity