Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 09:49 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The science is on the side of the Heterosexuals and Bisexuals. There is no genetic or ethogenetic proven link for being born as a Homosexual.
So, why did you ignore the science I showed you that indicates you to be absolutely wrong. Is that being honest? Is that a Christian trait not to want to know?

Old 11-28-2018, 09:51 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Or maybe it is WHY he believes sex is only for procreation...
You mean he won't have sex with his wife after menopause? Seriously?

Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 AM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Define what you consider a sin, please. And thank you.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the law of God.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:04 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
I assume not. He's said that it's sinful to have sex for any reason other than attempting to get your wife pregnant.

Since he is bi- or homosexual, it's really understandable that he would have some confused feelings/ideas about sexuality in general, given that our society as a whole, and specifically the Christian community that perhaps he was raised in, has been so unaccepting and condemning of LGBT.

I feel bad for what anyone who isn't straight must have gone through in their formative years and am unsurprised that that damage done might manifest itself in some odd ways. People are just tryhing to protect themselves from more emotional pain.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:09 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I don't need to read YOUR links. I have studied it enough. As I stated before, there is NO proven evidence of genetic link or ethogentics to homosexuality.
The scientific evidence certainly proves a genetic link. It DISPROVES your biblical bias of "people make a choice."

But you are ugly at heart. You don't have a Jesus mind, but a Pharisee mind. You are an enemy of people God sent Jesus to die for. You ignore Paul, James, John, and Jesus with regard to loving others as yourself.

In short, you are a biblical abomination, for there are many, many more verses about loving others than hating homosexuals. But then the Bible isn't really, your concern, your bigotry is too important to be overruled by love.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:14 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The scientific evidence certainly proves a genetic link. It DISPROVES your biblical bias of "people make a choice."

But you are ugly at heart. You don't have a Jesus mind, but a Pharisee mind. You are an enemy of people God sent Jesus to die for. You ignore Paul, James, John, and Jesus with regard to loving others as yourself.

In short, you are a biblical abomination.
Warden, I think it's possible that HWC doesn't have much love for himself. Which would make this a case of, "Father forgive him, he knows not what he does."

Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Which all totals up the the grand sum of zero since you don't know my personal interactions with people. You really stepped in it by claiming something as fact and trying to justify. I really have a low tolerance for rude people and those who lie and you are dinging pretty good on those meters.
Yes, we are the rude ones. Not you, who wants gay people to be discriminated against... Sure Jeff. Sure.

Quote:
So your point was basically a desperate to paint anything negative over my desire to help gay people. Disgusting as usual.
I told you what my point was. You, as usual, didn't use any comprehension reading it. I never said it is a negative thing to help people without knowing them. What makes you think I did? My point, was that helping people doesn't mean you actually know them.

What's disgusting is your lack of reading comprehension.

Quote:
The only thing I advocate is for them to stop forcing good Christian business owners to be dragged into the ugly sinful realm of gay marriage. They are the ones going outside the norm, creating a brand new institution and then flying the discrimination flag if we don't accept that institution. That has nothing to do with treating people as equals. Imagine if I went into a pet store and told the owner that I wanted some dogs for my dog eating ceremony. And then cry discrimination when he refuses to sell. And no, I'm not comparing gay people to dog eaters so don't even go there.
Right, you advocate for Christian business owner to discriminate against gay people... Which is what I said. If you don't believe they should be served just as everyone else, you don't consider them equal. Pretty simple here, Jeff.

Quote:
I made no direct comparison between the two. That's the false narrative you have to sell here. I'm only showing the fallacy of believing in sexual orientation at birth.
Doesn't have to be direct. And your "fallacy" is no such thing. Even if you are born attracted to little girls, you don't have to act on it. The actual attraction isn't the issue. Acting out anything related to it is.

Quote:
And it's a choice to engage in same sex behavior as well. The difference is we throw some pedophiles in prison who didn't even make those choices. They merely had the desire. Again, how is that fair if they are born that way? The claim that I think of them as sub-human is completely false and nothing more than your typical grandstanding mud slinging. Urban talked about his mission work directly with gay people and you still trashed him. You'll just create whatever narrative you need to demonize good Bible believing Christians.
A choice as to the behavior, but not to the orientation. That's what you guys seem incapable of understanding. If you are attracted to men, as a man, you are gay, whether you have sexual intercourse with another man or not. In other words, yes, you can CHOOSE not to engage in activities, but you are still born gay, or straight, or whatever.

Are there SOME extenuating circumstances? Sure, like everything else. Certainly not even remotely close to the rule though.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Warden, I think it's possible that HWC doesn't have much love for himself. Which would make this a case of, "Father forgive him, he knows not what he does."
I think it safe to say most fundies are unhappy with who they see in their mirror.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:19 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Or any other time if it isn't to turn her into a baby making factory... Quite a dull and boring married life, if you ask me...

Old 11-28-2018, 10:26 AM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times
Quote:
So, why did you ignore the science I showed you that indicates you to be absolutely wrong. Is that being honest? Is that a Christian trait not to want to know?

There is no science that is proving me wrong. Science is proving me right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity