Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 02:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The argument was that it is natural, so it's good or acceptable.
There are natural redheads with green eyes, blonds with blue eyes and brunettes having brown eyes. Should they be required to change that - because to you; one or two of them do not meet with your preference or expectations? Why should people have to change what they look like, who they are, or how they were born to suit you, or anyone else? Especially, if they are not the one's who are raping, killing or pillaging? Do they not have the right to pursue love, joy and happiness for themselves without others passing out their judgments.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Apparently, you're not willing to follow along with the line of thought in the posts in question. The poster I responded to suggested that because it's "natural", it's an accepted thing. There was no discussion of harm to anyone, and that was not even part of the equation. You might as well question if the person that did the act was wearing a blue shirt or not, or if it was on a Wednesday. It's completely irrelevant to the discussion.

If the question of harm is something you'd wish to discuss, that's a side issue, but it has nothing to do with this particular line of reasoning.
What I pointed out is that if it is part of Nature, God created it. I guess you don't believe God created EVERYTHING, in which case you don't believe your own inerrant, infallible book:

Quote:
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.
Isaiah 45:7 NIV

Quote:
Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'
Isaiah 45:7, YLT

Nor do you believe God's words in Genesis:

Quote:
And God looked upon all that He had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning— the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31

In addition, I provided you with some of your fundamentalist buddies recent views of how homosexuality is NOT natural.
But continue on building the case for how YOU are NOT a bigot---God's word made you that way--it's His fault (so said Adam)

Old 08-02-2018, 03:27 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They wanted a wedding cake, regardless of the topper. And, the baker doesn't have to provide the topper. Especially, if it isn't one that the bakery carries or stocks. However, people can "freely" choose their own. Or, was it the shape of the cake that concerned you? Perhaps, the color of the frosting or flowers?
All your points are irrevelant. The baker doesn't want to get involved with gay weddings. Your side claims that it is not forcing a lifestyle onto us and yet here we have you demanding we get involved with gay weddings.

If I was the baker, I wouldn't want to provide goods to make an immoral ceremony a success any more than I would want to deliver a cake to a swingers convention.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:08 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And you don't consider forcing Christian business owners to engage in business transactions that involve their immoral lifestyle an example of forcing their lifestyle on us? How about trying to watch tv and every freaking show has to have a gay character? Or attempting to force pastors to conduct gay weddings, or Christian colleges forced to accept homosexuality or lose funding, or Christian ministries forced to hire gay people?

And there are quite a number of gay festivals, flaunting their sexuality and even having sex openly in public streets. Folsom Street fair is one. If straight people did that, we would be arrested for public indeceny.
Sorry if you are in business, you are in business for everyone. A business is not a person and as such has no religious convictions. The owners may, but once they formed a business they put their own personal views aside and became neutral with respect to the business.

And for the record no minister is forced to conduct a same-sex wedding. We always have the right to say know - you know why? Because it is a religious service - not a secular service as in a cake shop, flower shop etc.

Finally what is flaunting their sexuality? Is my holding hands with my husband flaunting my sexuality? If you answered yes, then you holding hands with your wife (if you have one), is also flaunting your sexuality. If I must stop, so should you - IT OFFENDS ME!!!

Open sex no matter the gender of the persons should always be illegal, gay or straight.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:14 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Right. So you're willing to bake a cake for a KKK member for their next gathering? Because you just want to serve them?
Which do you hate more BFun?

Gays or the Klan?

Old 08-02-2018, 06:14 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
All your points are irrevelant. The baker doesn't want to get involved with gay weddings. Your side claims that it is not forcing a lifestyle onto us and yet here we have you demanding we get involved with gay weddings.

If I was the baker, I wouldn't want to provide goods to make an immoral ceremony a success any more than I would want to deliver a cake to a swingers convention.
Baking a cake is not getting involved with a same-sex wedding. When I officiate the wedding the only persons involved with the wedding are:

Minister / Officiant
Spouse 1
Spouse 2
Witness 1
Witness 2

Notice no bakers, florists, candle stick makers OR ANYONE ELSE!

Damn it is hard for some of you to understand reality. Your hatred clouds your vision and honestly makes you an ugly person with repulsive thoughts.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:

We are aware of your religion based bigotry, jeffbase, and that is precisely why we have laws in those areas which recognize the systematic and vicious discrimination that has been the rule in areas dominated by the "Abrahamic religions." You can hold those opinions as much as you want, but in those areas where the travesty is deemed illegal you can't discriminate in business. If you don't like it, get out of the business.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Right. So you're willing to bake a cake for a KKK member for their next gathering? Because you just want to serve them?
May or may not. There is no law in place protecting KKK from systematic and vicious discrimination. Why? Because there is no history of it the way there is for discrimination baed on sexuality.

Is that SO hard to understand?

Old 08-02-2018, 06:35 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
the answer to the original questions is that homosexuality is the last stage of a dieing and lawless society. it is the proof of it..
BUT most, because it is one of the most militant of all the sins I suspect anyway.

but the worst by far is probably Pharmacia ( drug use of all sorts) both type prescribed and over the counter and streets drugs too of course. it is a mean hearted S.O.B.. which may be the most militant and unrelenting and most uncompassionate of all. it is not content until it turns them all into a slobbering fool.
Rev 9:21

And they did not repent of their murders or their witchcraft(every kind of mind altering drugs, g5331

φαρμακεία
pharmakeia )or their sexual immorality
or their thefts.

here are the four BIG ONES that keep condemning all mankind over and over again through the ages .. and will till their end comes , and it will come .

Old 08-02-2018, 06:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
If you have a business that is open-to-the-public, then you serve them without prejudice or discrimination.
Quote:
The customer doesn't have the right to demand anything they want.
Quote:
They wanted a wedding cake, regardless of the topper. And, the baker doesn't have to provide the topper. Especially, if it isn't one that the bakery carries or stocks. However, people can "freely" choose their own. Or, was it the shape of the cake that concerned you? Perhaps, the color of the frosting or flowers?
Quote:

What is unimportant is your prejudice and discriminating view, so you should never own or operate a business that serves the public. Whether you agree or not, "Discrimination is discrimination!" Which is a direct attack on the person, not the clothes they wear or the furniture that's in their bedroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity