Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 01:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Twisting of the Scriptures as usual. My brother and my sister are those who hear the Word of God and do it, so obviously practicing homosexuals are not my brothers or sisters.

Luke 8
[19] Then came to him [Jesus] his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
[20] And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
[21] And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Really? And who is your neighbor?

Assignment: read the last few verses of Matthew 5 and tell me who God cares about.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:26 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Really? And who is your neighbor?

Assignment: read the last few verses of Matthew 5 and tell me who God cares about.
I would gladly help lift any homosexual out of his/her pit and set them on higher ground; it's a holy and righteous ground paved with Jesus' blood. If they reject that help, they'll die in their sins and go to hell just like any other sinner. You can't help someone who doesn't think he/she needs help.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I would gladly help lift any homosexual out of his/her pit and set them on higher ground; it's a holy and righteous ground paved with Jesus' blood. If they reject that help, they'll die in their sins and go to hell just like any other sinner. You can't help someone who doesn't think he/she needs help.
So, you are beyond help?

Old 09-03-2018, 01:34 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you are beyond help?
Yes, beyond receiving counterfeit christianity, which you call "help".

Old 09-03-2018, 01:59 PM

16,680 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Twisting of the Scriptures as usual. My brother and my sister are those who hear the Word of God and do it, so obviously practicing homosexuals are not my brothers or sisters.

Luke 8
[19] Then came to him [Jesus] his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
[20] And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
[21] And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Just who ARE these "practicing homosexuals" you speak of? What does a person have to do to be a "practicing homosexual" as opposed to simply being a "person" who happens to be attracted to the same sex? Can you tell the difference by looking at them?

Old 09-03-2018, 02:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
So, you are beyond help?
Quote:
Yes, beyond receiving counterfeit christianity, which you call "help".
I don't follow a syncretistic belief-system of love and hate.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
I don't follow a syncretistic belief-system of love and hate.
Funny how you become an evangelical and your loved ones become enemies of everything you now stand for. Drob, would never consider this to be true, he thinks i make this stuff up. The amount of Calvinists and evangelicals suffering under the belief that their loved ones are hell bound is at epidemic level

Old 09-03-2018, 02:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are a hypocrite when you condemn others for the exact same thing you did yourself.
How have I condemned anyone by saying the words they speak are of their own interpretation and not those of Jesus?

Old 09-03-2018, 03:30 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have figured it out. You condemn others for the things you do yourself.
Quit projecting your own personality onto others. If you read Romans 2:1 then you would know why all the sins listed in Romans chapter one----are yours. Mine, too, mind you.

But just as you like to remind "others" about being a hypocrite, I do enjoy returning the favor to you!

Old 09-03-2018, 03:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Funny how you become an evangelical and your loved ones become enemies of everything you now stand for. Drob, would never consider this to be true, he thinks i make this stuff up. The amount of Calvinists and evangelicals suffering under the belief that their loved ones are hell bound is at epidemic level
Yeah, another fundamentalist poster who has sort of disappeared rejected the idea that Jesus was using hyperbole when He said
Quote:
"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple."
Luke 14:26
I couldn't get that poster to respond to exactly how much he hated his family, but the point is the vast majority of fundamentalists just "read the words" in the Bible without ever contemplating them or how they might have been understood in the day in which they were written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity