Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
When your truth degrades people, it’s not loving.
When your truth reduces relationships to sex acts, it’s not loving.
When your truth makes people want to hurt or kill themselves, it’s not loving.
When your truth incites people to bully, abuse and murder, it's not loving.
When your truth makes the gospel something that is only available to people who believe like you, it’s not loving.
When your truth pushes people away from Jesus instead of toward him, it is not loving.
And if your truth isn’t loving, is it really truth?
No and 1Cor 13 makes that very clear to anyone willing to understand.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:50 PM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
When your truth degrades people, it’s not loving.

When your truth reduces relationships to sex acts, it’s not loving.

When your truth makes people want to hurt or kill themselves, it’s not loving.

When your truth incites people to bully, abuse and murder, it's not loving.

When your truth makes the gospel something that is only available to people who believe like you, it’s not loving.

When your truth pushes people away from Jesus instead of toward him, it is not loving.

And if your truth isn’t loving, is it really truth?
Byooootifully said!!!

Old 03-21-2016, 10:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I believe in the entire Bible. I don't pick and choose to craft my own brand of Christianity like you. I think I see your method now. You just label someone you don't like as a Pharisee and use that as justification to hate them. Disgusting and completely opposite of a Christian. I believe in the Bible that teaches we are to love and forgive people.

All I do is speak the truth of the scripture. If that is not political correct and insulting then you are saying God's word is insulting. It practically screams that homosexuality is a horrible perversion of God's design and gift to us in the form of sexuality. The Spirit of the scriptures hates sin.

"Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 97:10.
Of course you pick and choose. There is not a believer anywhere that doesn't pick and choose. How about this one from the same book you quoted from:

Quote:
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
Psalm 137:9

1) Do you believe God inspired it?
2) Do you believe God gives joy to those who dash out the brains of pagan infants on rocks? In our war with ISIS should we do that with their infants?
3) Is that the God you look up to?
4) Is that something Jesus supports?

I don't want any story about how you reconcile it with God said this or it meant that--you've rejected anything but the clear meaning of the text when at least a half dozen posters have pointed out how your clobber verses aren't clear. You either believe the entire bible as written --or as you choose to interpret it.

So you don't get on any high horse and tell us how you haven't crafted YOUR brand of christianity. That is the hallmark of hypocrisy. And what you have crafted doesn't resemble anything Jesus ever illustrated with the words and actions of His life. Once again, I use your own words to let you paint yourself into a corner. It's very easy to do to a fundamentalist. That was how my professor got me to think about what I was saying.

The fact that your words aren't politically correct have nothing to do with it. The fact that they don't show the love of Christ has EVERYTHING to do with it. The ugliness in your words are atrocious to both God and Christ followers.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:04 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Of course you pick and choose. There is not a believer anywhere that doesn't pick and choose. How about this one from the same book you quoted from:

2) Do you believe God gives joy to those who dash out the brains of pagan infants on rocks? In our war with ISIS should we do that with their infants?

I don't want any story about how you reconcile it with God said this or it meant that--you've rejected anything but the clear meaning of the text when at least a half dozen posters have pointed out how your clobber verses aren't clear. You either believe the entire bible as written --or as you choose to interpret it.

So you don't get on any high horse and tell us how you haven't crafted YOUR brand of christianity. That is the hallmark of hypocrisy. And what you have crafted doesn't resemble anything Jesus ever illustrated with the words and actions of His life.

The fact that your words aren't politically correct have nothing to do with it. The fact that they don't show the love of Christ has EVERYTHING to do with it.
Badaboom!!! Warden, you are an awesome preacher. Jeff has no clue and apparently is unable to see his beliefs and actions in the clear light of day. There is no love in them and 1 Cor 13 says if there is no love, there is nothing but clanging cymbals.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:38 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Byooootifully said!!!
Would you say the same thing if you replaced same sex relations with another form of sexual immorality like a son having sex with his mom? But it's loving! Lev. 18:7

Old 03-21-2016, 10:41 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

So you don't get on any high horse and tell us how you haven't crafted YOUR brand of christianity. That is the hallmark of hypocrisy. And what you have crafted doesn't resemble anything Jesus ever illustrated with the words and actions of His life. Once again, I use your own words to let you paint yourself into a corner. It's very easy to do to a fundamentalist. That was how my professor got me to think about what I was saying.

The fact that your words aren't politically correct have nothing to do with it. The fact that they don't show the love of Christ has EVERYTHING to do with it. The ugliness in your words are atrocious to both God and Christ followers.
Embracing and supporting sin is not showing love. They will be cursing your name in the afterlife since you led them to eternal death. Jesus made people mad. He offended them with the truth. Because losing your soul vs some hurt feelings is the greater evil.

Hypocrisy is showing pure hatred for Bible believing Christians while claiming to be a loving Christian.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Embracing and supporting sin is not showing love. They will be cursing your name in the afterlife since you led them to eternal death. Jesus made people mad. He offended them with the truth. Because losing your soul vs some hurt feelings is the greater evil.

Hypocrisy is showing pure hatred for Bible believing Christians while claiming to be a loving Christian.
Can't answer the questions about Psalm 137:9 can you? I have properly pointed out that YOU, TOO are not a bible literalist, you are what every fundamentalist is--a SELECTIVE literalist.

Finger-pointing at other sinners is not looking at your own heart, jeff.

Others may certainly curse me in the afterlife, and well deserved I imagine. But it won't be about anything that is running through your single tracked intellect.

What my questions were to you, jeff, are the same kinds of questions Jesus threw back to the Pharisees. They knew no matter how they answered He would catch them in their response. Thank you for making it easy for me to emulate my Lord!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Would you say the same thing if you replaced same sex relations with another form of sexual immorality like a son having sex with his mom? But it's loving! Lev. 18:7
Is this something you think about often?

Old 03-21-2016, 11:23 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
You stood up for a "Christian" (like you) pedophile!! Was that standing for truth?
Quote:
No I stood for forgiveness. Seriously, is forgiveness a concept that doesn't exist in your brand of Christianity? Obviously, insulting and being EXTREMELY judgmental is perfectly fine for you. You don't know me well enough to claim that I have the heart of a Pharisee so maintaining such a position is pure dishonesty.
Actually, while I don't recall the post in question where Jeff apparently 'stood up for a "Christian" pedophile', I do have to side with Jeff on this one. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. I have forgiven others just as I have been forgiven by others. And, it feels good! I'm still hopeful someday of being forgiven by a specific someone. And, if that should happen, a hole inside of me will be filled. No wonder Jesus saw the merits of forgiveness and taught the concept to His followers.

In the words of Wayne Dyer: “Forgiveness is the most powerful thing that you can do for your physiology and your spirituality. Yet, it remains one of the least attractive things to us, largely because our egos rule so unequivocally. To forgive is somehow associated with saying that it is all right, that we accept the evil deed. But this is not forgiveness. Forgiveness means that you fill yourself with love and you radiate that love outward and refuse to hang onto the venom or hatred that was engendered by the behaviors that caused the wounds.”

Though it pains me to have to do so I have to give you a on this one, Jeff.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:41 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801
Byooootifully said!!!
Quote:
Aw ...just when I was warming to you, you had to go and say something silly like that . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity