Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 11:45 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Would you say the same thing if you replaced same sex relations with another form of sexual immorality like a son having sex with his mom? But it's loving! Lev. 18:7
Your reduction of people's relationships to sex acts is despicable, Jeff. Not that this has any relevance, but how do you know all lesbian, gay and bisexual couples have sex?

I'm still waiting on the answer to my original question. If there were no mention whatsoever of "homosexual acts" in the Bible, would you have a problem with it, and if so, why?

There is an unfair power imbalance in incestuous relationships between a parent and child, which is one of the reasons it is wrong. There is no such power imbalance in unrelated same sex couples.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Byooootifully said!!!

Thank you

Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No and 1Cor 13 makes that very clear to anyone willing to understand.

Right? That's good stuff Mystic

Old 03-22-2016, 12:01 AM

11,020 posts, read 5,980,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He has the right perspective for us Christians. God loves me no matter what, but He does not accept or condone my sinful behavior. We are not to condemn gays, but neither should we give a stamp of approval to their sin.
Why are you calling homosexuality a sin? That's like saying being blind is a sin. Or being born white - or black - or anything in between. It's not a sin to born the way you are! Don't you get it? Being born in some way is not a sinful behavior.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:05 AM

6,791 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Would you say the same thing if you replaced same sex relations with another form of sexual immorality like a son having sex with his mom? But it's loving! Lev. 18:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Your reduction of people's relationships to sex acts is despicable, Jeff. Not that this has any relevance, but how do you know all lesbian, gay and bisexual couples have sex?
Or, all straight people for that matter. It's strange, isn't it, that the sum total of a person appears to revolve around the kind of sex they're having? Their characters, their views on love and life and living are all but ignored. But, Christians have always been obsessed with sex. It's the 'taboo' that they can't help but visit and revisit over and over and over again.

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the answer to my original question. If there were no mention whatsoever of "homosexual acts" in the Bible, would you have a problem with it, and if so, why?
It IS a good question and deserves an answer. I think I already know the answer ...

Quote:
There is an unfair power imbalance in incestuous relationships between a parent and child, which is one of the reasons it is wrong. There is no such power imbalance in unrelated same sex couples.
Of course. Jeff knows that too.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:22 AM

6,791 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85
He has the right perspective for us Christians. God loves me no matter what, but He does not accept or condone my sinful behavior.
I just love how people claim to speak for God.

Quote:
We are not to condemn gays ...
That's nice . . .

Quote:
...but neither should we give a stamp of approval to their sin.
And, what 'sin' would that be, bryan ...?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you have to resort to the crutch of insulting and running Bible believing Christians down to prop up your position then it was a weak position to begin with.
A hero an't nothing but a sandwich
The bible ain't nothing but a book

I am NOT propped by any earthly thing

I am propped up by Jesus

In Him I have strength to do all things

Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Is this something you think about often?
Made me choke on my coffee! ROFL

Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Or, all straight people for that matter. It's strange, isn't it, that the sum total of a person appears to revolve around the kind of sex they're having? Their characters, their views on love and life and living are all but ignored. But, Christians have always been obsessed with sex. It's the 'taboo' that they can't help but visit and revisit over and over and over again.

It IS a good question and deserves an answer. I think I already know the answer ...

Of course. Jeff knows that too.
It's something I can't comprehend, why someone would sum up the whole of a person's life in a sex act, one they are likely engaging in themselves. Oral sex I mean, or possibly anal. It doesn't make a difference if it's with an opposite sex partner, it's the same thing. I'm pretty sure I know his answer to my question too.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Made me choke on my coffee! ROFL
His comment was completely uncalled and guess what, makes me even less likely to listen to your point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity