Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 12:44 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Religion is man made, and I have nothing to do with it. Non believers constantly confuse faith with religion. Faith is God made. Rejecting Gods Word is a form of ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Horse hockey.

Rejecting the nonsense in the bible is a necessary step towards wisdom. Swallowing "god's word" wholesale results in callous bigotry wrapped in self-righteous sanctimony.

In other words, you turn into what you and jeff and Finn and Viz and twin have turned into -- ugly, dark-spirited beings.

1 Corinthians 1:21 - For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1 Corinthians 1:21 - For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
More bible babble from one of the chief chuggers of its kool-aid.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Not sure why you feel the need to blast me for believing the Bible then.

Well maybe you need to reread this one:

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:31 It doesn't say mock thy neighbor when you can't stand their opinion.

And while I don't believe every single word in scripture is from God (Psalms is clearly David's thoughts and praises), God is speaking through the scripture. Jesus used the actual words from the scripture to combat Satan and the words of prophecy have come true sometimes in incredible detail. If you are going to say the Bible is nothing but writings of men who were inspired by God then you have placed it on the level of a Joel Osteem book.
It surely did not say to tell them they were right when they are obviously so WRONG...

When one posts trivial boulder-dash, they must expect to be rebuked..you may chose to say it is MOCKING, but Jesus did the same with the Pharisees...

If one wants to talk like a Pharisee, one must be prepared to be rebuked like a Pharisee...

Old 03-22-2016, 01:04 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you reject the Bible then you serve a false Jesus.
Only atheists and agnostics reject the spirituality of the Bible. What Christ followers reject is your SELECTIVE literalism.

Are you able to witness to other people about Jesus? Have you?

Are you perfect? Are you?

If God can or has used you to be an imperfect witness to Jesus, then He can certainly use a flawed Bible to do the same.

If you reach that point of understanding, then we have common ground on how to view BEHAVIOR and WORDS of christians. Until you reach that point, no common ground exists.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:10 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Anybody with a halfway decent libido shouldn't be consulting the Bible for sex advice. The Bible intended sex to be used for procreation only. Anything outside of the missionary position is a sin. If Christians were following the Bible to the letter you'd know it, as there would be a lot more Christians. So, next time you judge another person's sexual activities, ask yourself if your sex life ever veers off course. I think there are very few Christians who follow the Bible to the letter, but they do enjoy preaching scripture to the folks who couldn't care less.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:24 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Anybody with a halfway decent libido shouldn't be consulting the Bible for sex advice. The Bible intended sex to be used for procreation only. Anything outside of the missionary position is a sin.
LOL, what verses are those?

Old 03-22-2016, 01:30 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Anybody with a halfway decent libido shouldn't be consulting the Bible for sex advice. The Bible intended sex to be used for procreation only. Anything outside of the missionary position is a sin. If Christians were following the Bible to the letter you'd know it, as there would be a lot more Christians. So, next time you judge another person's sexual activities, ask yourself if your sex life ever veers off course. I think there are very few Christians who follow the Bible to the letter, but they do enjoy preaching scripture to the folks who couldn't care less.
Wrong (bolded above). Is it wrong for a married couple to have sex just for pleasure? See also Prov. 5:19.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:23 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
More bible babble from one of the chief chuggers of its kool-aid.
At some point, maybe you will question why you continue to spend time here in something which you do not believe, and at some point you can find some true meaning in life.

I know why I post here - I am fully invested as you know.

Other than having sour grapes, why are you here? Spreading confusion? Entertainment at others expense?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point, maybe you will question why you continue to spend time here in something which you do not believe, and at some point you can find some true meaning in life.

I know why I post here - I am fully invested as you know.

Other than having sour grapes, why are you here? Spreading confusion? Entertainment at others expense?
I'm here to hold a mirror to fundies' bullying, bigotry, idiocy and lies.

And it pleases me that you don't like it.

Because maybe you're starting to recognize yourself in that mirror.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:04 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
I'm here to hold a mirror to fundies' bullying, bigotry, idiocy and lies.

And it pleases me that you don't like it.

Because maybe you're starting to recognize yourself in that mirror.
The irony is the bullying, ugly comments and biogtry seem to be coming from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity