Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 04:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
ALL Religions follow the Catholic Church in one form, or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
All trinity religions do. None of the translations corrected the errors from Catholicism translating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And the JWs have the ORIGINALS to know what was actually meant?
He missed the part that said: In one form, or another.
And his religious Organization is not an exception.

There are no original manuscripts, only altered ones.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-25-2016 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 03:58 AM

225 posts, read 112,595 times
Quote:
The spirit of Jesus in a true followers heart-- Love, Peace, unity-- return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek-- Return love to your enemy, If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if Thirsty give him a drink--vengeance is mine said the Lord.

The spirit of antichrist in a persons heart--- Hate, calamity, division-- Return evil for evil to your enemy, even as far as kill them, steal vengeance for pride and self.

All of creation saw what is in hearts during--the rev war, the civil war, ww1, ww2--- the supposed brothers in Christ stood on both sides killing one another on the orders of men. They had to throw Jesus away to accomplish those feats. The spiritual teachers are in darkness that is why.
But don't always turn the other cheek. Should you then the other cheek if your enemy tries to kill or harm you? No, you shouldn't.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:06 AM

Quote:
It would have only taken, the teachers telling the young men, not to kill for Adolf Hitler to begin with and he wouldn't have had enough of armed forces to attack anyone. Millions of human life spared being slaughtered. Not only that--one of the biggest hipocrosys creation has ever witnessed is the spiritual leaders praying to the same God on both sides of a war of hatred. Far removed from God and his son.
I don't say these things to be mean, I say them because they are fact.
Why NOT kill Hitler when he was killing and trying to take over the world? It was war, and he lost. He was a crazy man.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
It refers to how to test a theory, hypothesis or statement.

From Wikipedia:
The concern with falsifiability gained attention by way of philosopher of science Karl Popper's scientific epistemology "falsificationism". Popper stresses the problem of demarcation—distinguishing the scientific from the unscientific—and makes falsifiability the demarcation criterion, such that what is unfalsifiable is classified as unscientific, and the practice of declaring an unfalsifiable theory to be scientifically true is pseudoscience.
And:
Judge William Overton used falsifiability in the McLean v. Arkansas ruling in 1982 as one of the criteria to determine that "creation science" was not scientific and should not be taught in Arkansas public schools as such (it can be taught as religion). The argument was presented by philosopher, Michael Ruse, who defined the characteristics which constitute science as explanatory, testable, and tentative; the latter of the three being another term for falsifiability.[8] In his conclusion related to this criterion Judge Overton stated that "[w]hile anybody is free to approach a scientific inquiry in any fashion they choose, they cannot properly describe the methodology as scientific, if they start with the conclusion and refuse to change it regardless of the evidence developed during the course of the investigation."

United States law also enshrined falsifiability as part of the Daubert Standard set by the United States Supreme Court for whether scientific evidence is admissible in a jury trial.

If religions are not man-made, why is there such a plethora of them, and all the variations within? Morality is not defined by religion, but by cultures and the humans that live in them. Certainly no Catholic I know of today thinks that the Inquisitions were moral, but the Catholic church certainly ordained them to be at the time. That kind of fluidity in what is dogma can only come from humans.
Well probably becausevgod speaks to men. That's why there's so many churches. The inquisitions, as I believe, was like a war with Antichrist, or the beast.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth777 View Post
Well probably becausevgod speaks to men. That's why there's so many churches. The inquisitions, as I believe, was like a war with Antichrist, or the beast.
In other words, imaginary thoughts fighting people who had different imaginary thoughts.

Makes sense to me.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In other words, imaginary thoughts fighting people who had different imaginary thoughts.

Makes sense to me.
You lost me. Its real shut.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:59 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth777 View Post
But don't always turn the other cheek. Should you then the other cheek if your enemy tries to kill or harm you? No, you shouldn't.
Ultimately, YES we should. Did Christ not do that very thing?
Are we not to imitate the works and deeds of Christ?

Doe that meant it is easy and that we could all do it willingly? Probably not.

For in death, what have we lost? Do we not "gain" more through our death than through our life?

Old 06-26-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ultimately, YES we should. Did Christ not do that very thing?
Are we not to imitate the works and deeds of Christ?

Doe that meant it is easy and that we could all do it willingly? Probably not.

For in death, what have we lost? Do we not "gain" more through our death than through our life?
What if you were put up to doing something wrong? Should you turn the other cheek? but if that works for you, then fine.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
It would have only taken, the teachers telling the young men, not to kill for Adolf Hitler to begin with and he wouldn't have had enough of armed forces to attack anyone. Millions of human life spared being slaughtered. Not only that--one of the biggest hipocrosys creation has ever witnessed is the spiritual leaders praying to the same God on both sides of a war of hatred. Far removed from God and his son.
I don't say these things to be mean, I say them because they are fact.
I'm not sure who the German people were praying to when Hitler came to power. The Nazis went into schools, took down Jesus' picture and put up Hitler"s. The history at that time is very interesting told from the school children's point of view.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:49 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I'm not sure who the German people were praying to when Hitler came to power. The Nazis went into schools, took down Jesus' picture and put up Hitler"s. The history at that time is very interesting told from the school children's point of view.
Then maybe you want to explain this:

and this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity