Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 03:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
When you speak for yourself, you get your answers.

I have not attacked you. Such a violent thought Viz. I am correcting you. You always seem to speak using the word us. It seems you cannot stand alone when speaking to me. You always need back-up. ahahahahahhaha I am very amused.

I do not practice Church, or play church. I practice faith. I have no need for the Cross as a phallic symbol. I understand you, as a man of religion, supporting such an ostentatious display of manliness.
Oh good grief!

You seem to be so quick to judge people for building a cross on a church, but you continue to dodge the question of what a church is even for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 03:20 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I asked first. What is the purpose of the church?
Well, considering I don't go to church, and do not pretend to know what they believe their purpose is, I really can' t answer that question. Which I pretty clearly stated when I said it was not the sole purpose of the church to do those things. If I had to guess, it would be to bring people closer to God, which last I checked, a giant cross does not do.

Now, stop dodging.

"I am not saying the sole purpose is to feed, clothe, and shelter the poor. What I am saying, is that a church that managed to get a boatload of money to build a cross could have actually done something GOOD with the money. Instead, they spent it to be able to say, "My cross is BIGGER than your cross!"

Do you think the purpose of a church is to build giant crosses and waste a lot money on it? You seem to be under the impression that there was no better way to use this money. How can you honestly and in good conscience think that spending this much money on a cross is a good thing, and that that money could not have been used to help the poor, or anything better than this waste of money?"

Old 02-05-2016, 04:06 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Oh good grief!

You seem to be so quick to judge people for building a cross on a church, but you continue to dodge the question of what a church is even for.
A church is where you practice religion, and tell women to submit.
A church is where spanking children is justified by the bible.
A church is where the LGBTQ community is marginalized.

You as a representative of your church, embody the above with little respect for women, and less for children. I see you. God sees you.

I also know a phallic symbol when I see one, too. That is a 250 foot phallic symbol. There must be a word for those with less than 250 feet of such religious manliness.

They call them....Felis silvestris catus', of course.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
whats a church even for.
To share, the peace, love and goodwill of God with one another.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:42 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:

You as a representative of your church, embody the above with little respect for women, and less for children. I see you. God sees you.

I also know a phallic symbol when I see one, too. That is a 250 foot phallic symbol. There must be a word for those with less than 250 feet of such religious manliness.

What a load of crap! This board is populated by people who don't attend church, but seem to know what happens there.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:53 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What a load of crap! This board is populated by people who don't attend church, but seem to know what happens there.
I am simply reiterating what Viz has said on this very site. Your outrage, in the form of crap, is misplaced.
I have been reading Vizio. I read every person who happens to have a different view from my own, very carefully.

You seem to think you can speak to my experience. I am amused. ahahahahahhahaha

Old 02-05-2016, 07:18 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
[/IMG]Totem Poles are WAY cooler...

And if someone scales it and then BASE jumps off the top saying they where divinely inspired or where instructed by God, would they be arrested?

Old 02-05-2016, 07:32 PM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Should be a pretty simple architectural job.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:40 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Build no idols before me. If they are worshipping a huge cross, they are putting it before God, They should worship God directly.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:27 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:

Hey--not MY church! Women are not submissive. They are ordained! Nobody hits the kids, and the gay couple that got married there a couple of years ago are not marginalized--they are running the 150th anniversary committee and telling everybody else what to do! They want the party to be FABULOUS!

Oh yeah, that thing is a phallic symbol for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity