Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times

Advertisements

Since this issue is in the workplace, I would let it go. Your job is more important. Focus on yourself (being the best you can be) and let her problems remain her problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 05:54 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalhockey View Post

I feel like I am being getting walked on but God tells me to suffer for him and let it slide. I struggle with this every day. I am trying to find another job but that will take a while.

Any advice?
Why question god?

Old 03-28-2016, 06:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Correcting a child's behavior benefits the child and all those around him.
Love the child, correct the bad behavior...with no malice.
If there is a way to correct this person...do that...with no malice...and no
attachment to whether it has the desired effect.

Confidence lies in clarity and is from God within.
Confusion is from the 'other guy'.

Jesus said, turn the other cheek...yet, when his disciples couldn't heal that boy
(right after his Transfiguration, no less) What does he say in front of everyone?
How long must I suffer you? (as in, You nit-wits that don't get it after all these years of me teaching you....)
Was he all kind and gentle...no.

There is a bigger picture to Jesus...not just a verse here and there, out of context.

I wish you clarity in this matter.

PS God never said to suffer for Him.

The James quotes were excellent, btw, jimmie...couldn't give you another rep.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:30 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
I have been really struggling with this at work. There is a gal in the office who is being nasty and underhanded to others while trying to gain a promotion. I have been one of her victims as she put other people down to look good for big boss. There is a lot of hatred towards her inside of me now....I go home upset every night. What she is doing is not right. I wish God can come down now and set her straight this very moment. But the bible tells me to turn the other cheek and I pray on that at night before I head to bed. I know it's what I have to do but I feel like there are people out there who abuse the system and get away with it.

I feel like I am being getting walked on but God tells me to suffer for him and let it slide. I struggle with this every day. I am trying to find another job but that will take a while.

Any advice?
There are many lessons you can take from it.

don't take it literally. It means leave all options open and keep compassion at the forefront of your next choice. It refers to a "slap", not getting your teeth knock out anyway.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:41 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
You have the gift of voice, and practiced reason. Use it.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
I have been really struggling with this at work. There is a gal in the office who is being nasty and underhanded to others while trying to gain a promotion. I have been one of her victims as she put other people down to look good for big boss. There is a lot of hatred towards her inside of me now....I go home upset every night. What she is doing is not right. I wish God can come down now and set her straight this very moment. But the bible tells me to turn the other cheek and I pray on that at night before I head to bed. I know it's what I have to do but I feel like there are people out there who abuse the system and get away with it.

Any advice?
There is a time for turning the other cheek and there is a time for turning over a few tables. Why would you think you have to turn the other cheek to a woman who is nasty and underhanded? Why would God want you to suffer because you have a devious co-worker?

What happens if the next job has someone like this woman? Are you planning on leaving it instead of standing up to the person who makes your life miserable?

My advice is to stand up for yourself. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to be a doormat for a bully to be a Christian.

p.s. Hate is self-destructive. Hate leads to ulcers and heart attacks. Your hating her hurts YOU....not her. You're giving her power over your health. God can't use you if you're sick because you let this woman have so much space in your head. Stand up for yourself and she loses that power.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-28-2016 at 08:36 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 08:27 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There is a time for turning the other cheek and there is a time for turning over a few tables. Why would you think you have to turn the other cheek to a woman who is nasty and underhanded? Why would God want you to suffer because you have a devious co-worker?

What happens if the next job has someone like this woman? Are you planning on leaving it instead of standing up to the person who makes your life miserable?

My advice is to stand up for yourself. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to be a doormat to be a Christian.
The lord helps those who help themselves, in other words you need to stand up for yourself without resorting to tactics that would be beneath you.

Do it and things will immediately improve.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:17 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,261 times
God has called you to follow in Christ's steps. Try to think of your situation as an opportunity presented to you by God, to fulfill this verse.

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:50 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Loving the enemies means that you pray for blessing of God on the enemy , as God will not hear the cursing against the enemy in the prayers ......And by this you put it in God hands and let it go and He will turn it around on God`s time , as we need to wait on the Lord , for His best ............Ways to pray for blessing is the authority of the believer prayers which bring redemption from evil spirits , and asking for forgiveness for the enemy , which can be temporary

Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

Any advice?
You have the greatest chance and you scoff at it. Go out and buy that person a gift card for a meal someplace.

Returning anger for anger begets more anger, but when you walk up on a person who has hate in their eyes for you, and especially a person who has wronged you, you smile, tell them that you appreciate them and hand them that gift card.

See what happens.

We already know what will happen if the two of yas continue to hate each other, but you may surprise yourself if you take my advise, and there is no greater retribution than to be kind to a person who has done you wrong. Returning anger for anger begets anger, but to be kind and loving to a person who has treated you wrong will cut them like a knife and seriously hurt them, that is true revenge. To make a person look inside themselves.

I have been in positions like that many times, and many times I showed them more love than I did with my best friends and it's amazing just how many will sit there and cry.

If it does not touch them, all the more better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity