Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 02:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

He's very much not well.

The bible can create and perpetuate a diseased mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 02:28 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The God of the Bible is a rude awakening for you.
God wants you to go outside and get some fresh air. Fly a kite. Get some sun. Have a cool drink of iced tea. God also wants you to make some friends.

You are in need of some friends. You are a lonely single man, with no friends, and no relationship.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I agree.

And making some case that they deserve it or that they were all wicked people shows a sickening display of haughtiness.
My JW friend posted this on her FB page:

"So much unrest, injustice and violence in this world lately. But not for long.

For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
--Psalm 37:9-11

Looking forward to that abundance of peace."

According to her, since I'm not JW, I'm one of the wicked. So, when she posts something like this she is essentially saying that she is looking forward to my demise.

She (and you, perhaps) are not as overtly sickeningly haughty as you believe scgraham is, but that doesn't make her (or your) religious beliefs any less divisive.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The God of the Bible is a rude awakening for you.
You can take your god and your bible and Moderator cut: bleep .

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-02-2016 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Classy, Snorlax.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM

741 posts, read 444,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
My JW friend posted this on her FB page:

"So much unrest, injustice and violence in this world lately. But not for long.

For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
--Psalm 37:9-11

Looking forward to that abundance of peace."

According to her, since I'm not JW, I'm one of the wicked. So, when she posts something like this she is essentially saying that she is looking forward to my demise.

She (and you, perhaps) are not as overtly sickeningly haughty as you believe scgraham is, but that doesn't make her (or your) religious beliefs any less divisive.
Did she call you wicked? I don't see where she called you wicked. Are you wicked? Are you part of or adding to the injustice and violence? Or are you doing the thinking for her?

Straight from the website.

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witne...aved/#?insight[search_id]=dbcaa0a9-42eb-4791-973a-e02150ab538e&insight[search_result_index]=0

I concur with the above assessment.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Did she call you wicked? I don't see where she called you wicked. Are you wicked? Are you part of or adding to the injustice and violence?

Straight from the website.

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witne...aved/#?insight[search_id]=dbcaa0a9-42eb-4791-973a-e02150ab538e&insight[search_result_index]=0

I concur with the above assessment.
She has said that as long as I continue to reject her JW beliefs in this lifetime, I am considered to be one of the "wicked" destined for annihilation. I asked this woman, once my dearest friend, if it bothered her to believe that I would be annihilated, and she said no, whatever Jehovah decides is good with her. She shrugged me off, just like that. It makes me sad that her beliefs have made her so callous.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
She has said that as long as I continue to reject her JW beliefs in this lifetime, I am considered to be one of the "wicked" destined for annihilation. I asked this woman, once my dearest friend, if it bothered her to believe that I would be annihilated, and she said no, whatever Jehovah decides is good with her. She shrugged me off, just like that. It makes me sad that her beliefs have made her so callous.
Lack of empathy is a common trait of fundamentalists.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:29 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
I'm surprised she is still FB friends with you. I remember when I was a little kid we went to my mom's lifelong best friend's house. My mom was probably 24 and I was about 5. My mom must have given her the "good news" and her friend tried to talk her out of it. I never saw that woman again but I guess my mom did go to her son's funeral a couple of years ago (40 years after last seeing her).

Cults try and isolate the person from non believing friends and family so they can control the persons reality. Did you notice a change in her personality? That is something I remember my dad saying to my mom, that she changed.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:31 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Classy, Snorlax.
It's more than he deserves after insulting tsunami victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity