Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 04:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Many are beyond being taught. The days of the antichrist are at hand.
ANARCHISTS...not anti-christ--for behold there are even then many anti-christs and there will be more Antichrists as they read the scriptures and pervert the truth of God..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 04:35 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I'm suspicious of your claim then. I know of no Witness that would say such a thing without explanation. Plus stay FB friends? Yeah I'm having a hard time believing this.
I found it odd they were friends as well even on FB. Perhaps her "friend" is spiritually weak staying friends with a worldly person notmybrother Timothy. I don't think you have to jump to the conclusion that the worldly person is lying about it. What would be her motive? To spread falsehoods against God's one true channel on earth? Yes, it must be them because you are one of the chosen that sees past Satan's lies, right.

Take comfort Tim, perhaps this sister will receive some fine spiritual nourishment at this summer's loyalty to 7 men convention. Isn't there a super encouraging video this summer about how bad it is to make friends with worldly people even if it's just at work? PS I'm part of the Kevinly class.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
I'm suspicious of your claim then. I know of no Witness that would say such a thing without explanation. Plus stay FB friends? Yeah I'm having a hard time believing this.
How convenient for you.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
How convenient for you.
Yeah but he has no trouble believing that 7 men are channeling God.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Reject what exactly? You're using a broad term. Matthew 12:31 for example is clear.
Okay, here's your chance to make clear what she left unclear. What is it that I need to accept in order not to be annihilated?

Old 08-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I found it odd they were friends as well even on FB. Perhaps her "friend" is spiritually weak staying friends with a worldly person notmybrother Timothy. I don't think you have to jump to the conclusion that the worldly person is lying about it. What would be her motive? To spread falsehoods against God's one true channel on earth? Yes, it must be them because you are one of the chosen that sees past Satan's lies, right.

Take comfort Tim, perhaps this sister will receive some fine spiritual nourishment at this summer's loyalty to 7 men convention. Isn't there a super encouraging video this summer about how bad it is to make friends with worldly people even if it's just at work? PS I'm part of the Kevinly class.
Well, is there like a "grandfather clause" or some kind of loophole for staying FB friends with people you knew before you became JW?

Quote:
Yeah but he has no trouble believing that 7 men are channeling God.
Oh boy. That sounds interesting.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Well, is there like a "grandfather clause" or some kind of loophole for staying FB friends with people you knew before you became JW?

Oh boy. That sounds interesting.
For friends no. JW are allowed to have acquaintances that are worldly but surely not a friend, gasp! That is why Timothy's head is spinning. You are allowed to keep family provided you are witnessing to them and not participating in any non JW activities like holidays and birthdays with them. But really your "spiritual family" is your real family not your fleshly family. If a family member was ever a baptized JW (like if you 12 son was dunked) and later leaves they are spiritually dead and are treated as such.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
For friends no. JW are allowed to have acquaintances that are worldly but surely not a friend, gasp! That is why Timothy's head is spinning. You are allowed to keep family provided you are witnessing to them and not participating in any non JW activities like holidays and birthdays with them. But really your "spiritual family" is your real family not your fleshly family. If a family member was ever a baptized JW (like if you 12 son was dunked) and later leaves they are spiritually dead and are treated as such.
Okay, but we're talking Facebook here, not real life interaction. We live hundreds of miles away from each other and very, very rarely see each other (it's been literally years since I last saw her). She wouldn't even come to my father's funeral, though she lived in my parent's home for a while when she went to college. So, does she pass muster or is she a "weak sister"?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Okay, but we're talking Facebook here, not real life interaction. We live hundreds of miles away from each other and very, very rarely see each other (it's been literally years since I last saw her). She wouldn't even come to my father's funeral, though she lived in my parent's home for a while when she went to college. So, does she pass muster or is she a "weak sister"?
She's naughty. There is still hope for her.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:09 PM

741 posts, read 444,613 times
Quote:
Okay, here's your chance to make clear what she left unclear. What is it that I need to accept in order not to be annihilated?
I will only post scriptures. If you don't agree then it's not JWs you have a problem with, it's the Bible.

Mark 7:22
Romans 1:29
Matthew 22:18
Matthew 12:31
Galatians 5:19-21 compare Gal 5:22-24
Hebrews 6:4-6
Hebrews 10:26, 27

Yet even with all of those scriptures above please also read.

1 Samuel 16:7
Psalm 7:9
Proverbs 24:12
Jeremiah 17:10
1 Kings 8:39
James 5:15
1 John 5:16, 17

Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't start your reply with 'so you're saying' or some variation. It's not me saying, it's the Bible saying.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 08-02-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity