Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 01:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Do you have trouble discerning between love and a bad taco, Viz?
Love, no. But this mystical "spirit of love" that you guys keep speaking of? Never heard of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 01:15 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I really believe we have taken FLESH and made it a DEITY. Rather, we have allowed a select few to interpret the trinity and make it a legitimate idol.

"ONE OF THE MOST interesting features of the early Christian debates over orthodoxy and heresy is the fact that views that were originally considered “right” eventually came to be thought of as “wrong”; that is, views originally deemed orthodox came to be declared heretical."
― Bart Ehrman, from "How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee"
On the contrary. Man did not make flesh, with reference to Jesus, God. Rather, God became flesh.

The apostle Paul stated in his epistle to the Philippians, which can be dated to between the mid 50's and the early 60's A.D. that Jesus is God and that He became flesh.
Phil. 2: 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6] who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7] but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
The pre-existent Word, whose human name is Jesus, was with God, and was Himself God just as John stated in John 1:1, and became flesh.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God . . . 14] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Both Paul and John, both of whom Jesus actually spoke to, state that Jesus existed as God and came into the world as a member of the human race. As well, the writer of Hebrews maintains that Jesus is God as a reading of Hebrews chapter one shows. And yes, Jesus Himself, in some of His 'I am' statements, as for example in John 8:58, stated His pre-existence and implied His deity. Or in Revelation 1:17 where Jesus stated that He is the first and the last.
Revelation 1:17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,
This goes back to passages such as Isaiah 41:4 and 44:6.
Isaiah 41:4 "Who has performed and accomplished it, Calling forth the generations from the beginning? 'I, the LORD, am the first, and with the last. I am He.'"

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

There can be no reason to deny that Jesus is God other than ignorance of the Scriptures, or a stubborn refusal to believe the New Testament writers concerning Jesus.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Love, no. But this mystical "spirit of love" that you guys keep speaking of? Never heard of it.
You can read about it in the verses beginning "but the fruit of the spirit...."

Old 05-14-2016, 01:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

But the condition for that is you have to first have the RIGHT Spirit, which doesn't condemn the Word it gushes out from just as the water rushed out of the Rock. The Spirit is not divided, is the first clue. Peace

Old 05-14-2016, 01:26 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
But the condition for that is you have to first have the RIGHT Spirit, which doesn't condemn the Word it gushes out from just as the water rushed out of the Rock. The Spirit is not divided, is the first clue. Peace
Love is the right spirit.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Love isn't a mystery, it's the way of life.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Significance Of Jesus Being The Fullness Of The Godhead is simple:
1 Samuel 2:2
“There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God."

1 Corinthians 10:2-4
They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.
They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink;
for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because God IS Spirit and God IS agape love. So His Holy Spirit IS agape love. Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit of agape love to His HUMAN consciousness so we could see and understand the TRUE NATURE of God. When He died His human consciousness was "born again" as Spirit (the Holy Spirit) and connects all human consciousness with God as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant.
Alright!

Old 05-14-2016, 02:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
You mean, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness?

So why don't you guys stand on the notion that there is some great Spirit of Peace? Or Spirit of Goodness?

All I hear is this Spirit of Agape love thing.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
All I hear is this Spirit of Agape love thing.
The thingamajig has grown cold, time to light the fireplace. LMBO

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity