Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 01:50 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Fulfilling the law means fulfilling its purpose which was to produce a human consciousness within our species who is capable of self-control of our baser urges out of agape love, NOT fear. Jesus did that for our entire species.
I guess Jesus dying on the cross is meaningless to you then.

Quote:

How you can know this and hold the views you do and still justify mistreating those you think are sinners is beyond me. Are you claiming the judgment of God or Jesus????
I've never advocated for mistreating people. I simply won't support a sinful lifestyle. You're not even consistent in your agape love brand as you certainly do not show any love towards Christians like me.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Have I ever called you out specifically by name and made direct insulting comments about DewDropInn? Not that I recall, but you and your friends do it every day to me.
Oh indeed you have. So many times it's hard to keep track. Let's see...the last time you insulted me you told me my posts are disgusting. I recommended Pepto Bismol. Did you buy any yet?

Then there are the times you've called me an atheist. Even though I am not an atheist and don't consider that an insult, it was clear that you meant it to be an insult. You were corrected but continued calling me an atheist. Which, BTW, made you a liar.

I shall endeavor to keep track of your insults in the future.....since you seem to need to have your memory refreshed. It must be convenient to "forget" any insults you've directed at your fellow posters.....but fear not! I'll fill you in on your transgressions as needed. You can count on me, Jeff!

p.s. The "Everyone is Picking on Me" routine is getting repetitive. So boring. Have you thought about owning up to what you post? That would be refreshing!

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-31-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 03:29 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh indeed you have. So many times it's hard to keep track. Let's see...the last time you insulted me you told me my posts are disgusting. I recommended Pepto Bismol. Did you buy any yet?
I said your posts were disgusting. I did not say you are disgusting. Do you really not understand the difference?

Quote:

Then there are the times you've called me an atheist. Even though I am not an atheist and don't consider that an insult, it was clear that you meant it to be an insult. You were corrected but continued calling me an atheist. Which, BTW, made you a liar.
I've said it before. You sound exactly like all the other opponents. I can't tell people apart when so many gang up on me at once. Your posts sound very atheist-like to me so I don't think I deserve blame in that area.

Quote:

I shall endeavor to keep track of your insults in the future.....since you seem to need to have your memory refreshed. It must be convenient to "forget" any insults you've directed at your fellow posters.....but fear not! I'll fill you in on your transgressions as needed. You can count on me, Jeff!

Go for it. And I'll be glad to remind you of your nasty comments in return.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Your posts sound very atheist-like to me so I don't think I deserve blame in that area.
Really, Jeff? My posts about my belief in God and Jesus sound atheist-like to you? Whoza. Where, exactly, did you learn the definition of an atheist? A Goddard home-schooling computer lesson?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-31-2016 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Trying to not bicker with anyone who thinks I'm an atheist.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:40 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Fulfilling the law means fulfilling its purpose which was to produce a human consciousness within our species who is capable of self-control of our baser urges out of agape love, NOT fear. Jesus did that for our entire species.
How you can know this and hold the views you do and still justify mistreating those you think are sinners is beyond me. Are you claiming the judgment of God or Jesus????
Quote:
I guess Jesus dying on the cross is meaningless to you then.
Of course NOT! Because Jesus died and His perfect HUMAN consciousness was "born again" as Spirit, ALL human consciousness is now connected to God through His perfect agape love. All we need to do is develop some harmony with His Love for us all to gain the cover of His Grace (perfection) for our imperfections.
Quote:
I've never advocated for mistreating people. I simply won't support a sinful lifestyle. You're not even consistent in your agape love brand as you certainly do not show any love towards Christians like me.
How can you not see that discriminating against Gays is mistreating them??? There is no excuse for you to treat Gays any differently than you do anyone else. WE are NOT the enforcers of God so we are to love everyone, NOT treat them differently because of what we THINK is their sin. My agape love for you is why I want to erase all non-love from your character, jeff. It only hurts YOU. It gains you no points with God to discriminate against Gays or anyone else. God is only interested in you and what you do or do not do.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:12 AM

88,620 posts, read 84,875,076 times
I keep seeing the title of this thread and it bugs me.

How can a CAKE be gay?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:43 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
You continue to make up distortions about Christ. Christ never rebuked OT law. He showed respect for its purpose as seen here:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

The verses that you mention are only Christ teaching the crowd that obedience isn't what is important. It is the intent of the heart that God judges, not the physical act of obeying. That's why He was against the Pharisees. They were a very public example of obedience but their hearts were sinful.

"The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; 3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them. 4 “They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger. 5 “But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6 “They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men."

Matthew 23:1-6

You love to just brand anyone you don't like as a Pharisee and therefore can be rejected just like Christ rejected them. That is so messed up. Unless you can see into someone's heart like Christ could, you have no right to make up such judgements.
Could be He saw a different LAW. Did not your OT god himself in three separate OT passages demand an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a life for a life? Or haven't you read Exodus, Deuteronomy, and Leviticus (other than the verse about men lying with men)? Have you read what Jesus said about those verses? Are you Donald Trump who invokes an eye for an eye as the greatest Christian verse of Scripture?

You've proven the point of most of us that, like the Pharisees, you are a selective literalist, believing that Jesus supports your version of Scripture when He actually rejected it and demanded His followers do the same. It is quite clear, even in the English language that God the "Father" said one thing in the OT, and God the Son said the EXACT opposite in the NT.

But if you believe Jesus didn't support such crass and satanic words, then your vision of a vengeful god comes crashing down.

Choose this day whom you will serve, the god of the OT, or the One you call your Savior, Jesus. You cannot have it both ways without once again revealing that hypocritical heart you harbor. As always I am here to remind you that the only sin Jesus wishes you to confront daily---is your own. For Jesus sees no other sinner than you when those stupid contradictory statements come rolling off your fingertips.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Could be He saw a different LAW. Did not your OT god himself in three separate OT passages demand an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a life for a life? Or haven't you read Exodus, Deuteronomy, and Leviticus (other than the verse about men lying with men)? Have you read what Jesus said about those verses? Are you Donald Trump who invokes an eye for an eye as the greatest Christian verse of Scripture?
You've proven the point of most of us that, like the Pharisees, you are a selective literalist, believing that Jesus supports your version of Scripture when He actually rejected it and demanded His followers do the same. It is quite clear, even in the English language that God the "Father" said one thing in the OT, and God the Son said the EXACT opposite in the NT.
But if you believe Jesus didn't support such crass and satanic words, then your vision of a vengeful god comes crashing down.
Choose this day whom you will serve, the god of the OT, or the One you call your Savior, Jesus. You cannot have it both ways without once again revealing that hypocritical heart you harbor. As always I am here to remind you that the only sin Jesus wishes you to confront daily---is your own. For Jesus sees no other sinner than you when those stupid contradictory statements come rolling off your fingertips.
Amen, Warden. Our focus must always be on OUR implementation of agape love, NOT on the sins of others.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I keep seeing the title of this thread and it bugs me.

How can a CAKE be gay?
It must be the icing on the cake?
Like that of Happy Birthday!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
You can always count on mystic to "amen" someone calling others stupid and hypocritical. He thinks it is the proper way to implement agape-love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity