Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 09:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
show me a post among my umpteen thousand, wherein i "insist christians do the same" as i do.

It's not nice to lie, janelle.
wwtdd?

Old 05-22-2016, 10:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
wwtdd?
Ha!

Old 05-22-2016, 10:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
But the thing is, Janelle, it's you who should be adhering to the "go and sin no more" quote of Jesus if you feel so strongly about it, NOT your telling others that they should "go and sin no more".

That said, what do you think Jesus meant when He was allegedly said to have quoted "go and sin no more"...? Do you think that Jesus really believed that the woman would not sin ever again? Of course not. Jesus knew that she would sin again and again because she's human.

When taken in context with the rest of this great story (I love it!) I can almost see Jesus saying that with a half smile and a wink. What had just happened? Well, Jesus had sent the woman's accusers departing pretty rapidly with their tails between their legs. Jesus had, apparently, opened up their own hypocritical and judgmental eyes to recognizing their own 'covert' sins. How embarrassing and humbling for them to be SO shown up in public! One might even insert an "LOL" here! This exposition of their own sins had sent them on their way leaving their 'victim' alone with Jesus.

Then, I suspect, almost in a humorous tone, Jesus asks the woman, "Where are your accusers?" Jesus knew where they had gone and WHY they had gone. There was no reason to ask. The woman responds with, "There is no one here that accuses me, Lord." It's then that Jesus tells the woman, "Neither do I accuse you" ...followed by (with what I feel was a half smile and a wink) "Go and sin no more."

Whatever the reason for Jesus having said what he said ...PLEASE, you professed Christians, refrain from using the "go and sin no more" tag to aim at others. If and when you do, just remember that you are no different than those hypocrites who brought the adulterous woman to Jesus for 'having sinned'!
WOW that's a huge leap. I don't think Jesus winked at anyone for sinning. Jesus tells us to sin no more and of course he knows humans are weak but each time we need to repent and ask for forgiveness not a wink from anyone. How does anyone stop sinning if no one cares a wit about what we do?

Plus how do you know if the woman sinned again, she may not have you of little faith.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This story is about a gay man trying to pull a scam. There is NOTHING to suggest that he was motivated to do so because he was a lousy pastor. I have no doubt that he is a lousy pastor, but first and foremost it's about him being gay.
I think first and foremost it was about this guy being a scam-artist, with his being gay and a pastor being used as tools in his endeavors. He sure didn't become a Chrsitian pastor to "hate on Jesus," but instead this gay Pastor preaches about worshiping Jesus and other such evil/useless tyrannical nonsense.

The book should be thrown at him just like any other of the corruptions that people and pastors partake in.

I don't think Whole Foods is a Christian organization is it? I would have thought it was secular.

"A Christian Preacher (this time a gay one) lies about gay persecution from a secular organization to try to get money out of that secular organization!" should be the title.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
The pastor was a lousy scam artist. He tried to pull it on the most liberal city in TX if not the nation in a highly liberal store. Stupid is as stupid does. Then he was video taped. Whole Foods has a very good case against him, luckily for him they preferred not to pursue it. He could have ruined their business but that only happens with the mom and pop stores.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WOW that's a huge leap. I don't think Jesus winked at anyone for sinning. Jesus tells us to sin no more and of course he knows humans are weak but each time we need to repent and ask for forgiveness not a wink from anyone. How does anyone stop sinning if no one cares a wit about what we do?

Plus how do you know if the woman sinned again, she may not have you of little faith.
There is a difference between stumbling, and choosing to go back to living in habitual and willful sin.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You mock agape love (Who IS God) and roll your eyes, but I seriously doubt Christ is pleased. You are mocking and denying of His main message and demonstration of perfect agape love. You are NOT following His instructions to love God and each other every single day and repent when we don't. You should be doing an awful lot of repenting, Finn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Agape-lover" in this forum is a person who claims to be filled with agape love, and yet all we get from them is insults and comments like "stupid fundamentalists", and judgment like "you are not following His instructions, you should repent". They deliver the opposite of agape love, so it is ironic they even talk about agape love.
Fundametalists complain about being rebuked verbally (which are the only acceptable and legitimate rebukes) as insults and name-calling. Then they defend the right to discriminate against and mistreat (in real life) those they THINK are sinners using the excuse of rebuking them. It seems they have trouble understanding what a rebuke actually is and what is mistreatment and discrimination. I would place you among that group based on your complaints in this forum, Finn, IF I knew what you actually do in real life, but I do not know. I can only assume you don't know the difference between insults and rebukes.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:59 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Jesus sat with sinners to change them and them means ALL OF US SINNERS. But Jesus would say, "go and sin no more." Not well ok if you can't change I will just look the other way. AND THAT WAS SAID TO ALL OF US.
He also didn't stone sinners--which is what you try to do with many of your posts.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:01 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Another "agape-lover" spreading the love and tolerance :roll eyes:

Stand by for the 'amens' from the other "agape-lovers".
Another "GOD IS GOING TO KILL YOU" response from one who never has any source information.

Stand by for the "amens" from the other killers of sinners.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:14 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,093 times
Quote:
Another "agape-lover" spreading the love and tolerance :roll eyes:

Stand by for the 'amens' from the other "agape-lovers".
There's plenty to go around on both sides...but yeah I agree that comment went too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity