Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 05:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wait... "wrong" is OK... "sin" is not OK... and that is because sin is mentioned in the Bible. That's not an issue of judgment... You just disagree on the terms.
That's the trigger word. Any reference to Christianity is offensive, and they react by accusing you of being judgmental (or a hating bigot).

Of course saying "the bible teaches it is sinful" does not judge anyone, it only declares what the Bible says about the matter.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Transgenders are saying God made a mistake. They are in the wrong body.
They're in the wrong state of mind.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:27 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Wait... "wrong" is OK... "sin" is not OK... and that is because sin is mentioned in the Bible. That's not an issue of judgment... You just disagree on the terms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nice try.

Deliberate obtuseness is also de rigueuer among the fundies.

"Wrong" is generic. It crosses religious, secular and humanistic lines. It is an ethical term with which most people on the planet can agree.

"Sin" is a Christian construct invented by anonymous primitive men who believed in talking donkeys and fish in which men could live.
You say my line of reasoning is obtuse, then you proceed to spell out why you disagree with the terms and flower it with condescending language.

Maybe you need to look at yourself and why you have a problem with a term that is imaginary from your standpoint. It seems counter productive to concern oneself with imaginary things... unless it isn't imaginary and you simply chose to block that out.

If someone admits that they steal, or they commit homosexual acts - there is no judgment in describing the action as wrong or sinful.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
...snip...

If someone admits that they steal, or they commit homosexual acts - there is no judgment in describing the action as wrong or sinful.
100% of the most odoriferous bovine scat ever excreted on a message board.

Fundies can convince themselves of anything, as long as they get to remain bigots.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:02 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
100% of the most odoriferous bovine scat ever excreted on a message board.

Fundies can convince themselves of anything, as long as they get to remain bigots.

Well, I see the constructive portion of your debate is complete... and you have returned to the destructive commentary of name calling.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Well, I see the constructive portion of your debate is complete... and you have returned to the destructive commentary of name calling.
And you, as usual, got nuttin'.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
That's just what he does.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's just what he does.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:19 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Exactly. And I find it amazing that they are instead trying to blame Christianity because this guy is a fringe "Christian" and trying to play that gay card.

Fact is, Christianity explicitly teaches that he is in sin, and his lifestyle is wrong. Yet, they want to claim that he's some kind of typical Christian.
A typical Christian is a sinner. If you believe in sin, there is no "us vs them" mentality, because everybody sins.

If it weren't for sin, you wouldn't have your job. Be grateful.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Have you looked at the Middle East lately?
Do you live in the Middle East? What is that point? When I pointed out that worldwide HIV is more prevalent among women than men I was told "that's not in America, they have different health issues." So I reply in kind, the Middle East is not in America, they have different health standards.

Make sense to you? That's how I felt when reading a stupid response from a stupid fundamentalist.

I have skin in the game in this country--and my heart, soul, and essence. My point is to protect everyone in this nation. If you want god-awful beliefs in your church, go for it. When you try to bring them into the commercial role, particularly like a pastor intentionally trying to cause problems, then it is my business---and my opinion of you and yours has equal validity and sway as do your own.

The readers can decide for themselves if their Jesus is picking up stones to bash the brains of homosexuals out or if He is likely inviting one He loves to sit beside Him while you are at the end of the table. That's God's business, choosing whom He will. You are welcome to sit next to the jesus who bashes in the heads of homosexuals. I choose to be in line with them so you can bash my head in also. After all, if I lift up abominations to God, aren't I deserving of a stoning also?

Go ahead. Pile those bricks up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity