Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you support transgender, are you not saying that God screwed up and made them wrong? That's kinda insulting to God.
How long before we start to act like grown-ups? "God" has nothing to do with procreation. People 'make' people.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:24 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They are told that expressing their love in a physical manner is a sin and they will go to hell for doing it.
Regarding hell, I agree with you. Those who mention hell are off base on two accounts. They have no authority to make that claim, and people go to hell because of a lack of faith in Christ.

Regarding the acknowledgement as sin, let me ask this question...

If I am talking with someone and they admit that they have a problem with stealing stuff, and I say that it is sin... Am I being judgmental?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Regarding hell, I agree with you. Those who mention hell are off base on two accounts. They have no authority to make that claim, and people go to hell because of a lack of faith in Christ.

Regarding the acknowledgement as sin, let me ask this question...

If I am talking with someone and they admit that they have a problem with stealing stuff, and I say that it is sin... Am I being judgmental?
Yes.

If you said it was wrong, you would be correct.

But by calling it "sin" you are assuming everyone on the planet should accept as correct whatever you and your "holey" book decide is wrong/sinful.

Which is ludicrous in the extreme.

Which fundies fail to acknowledge because...well...because of what makes them fundies.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:43 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Yes.

If you said it was wrong, you would be correct.

But by calling it "sin" you are assuming everyone on the planet should accept as correct whatever you and your "holey" book decide is wrong/sinful.

Which is ludicrous in the extreme.

Which fundies fail to acknowledge because...well...because of what makes them fundies.
Wait... "wrong" is OK... "sin" is not OK... and that is because sin is mentioned in the Bible. That's not an issue of judgment... You just disagree on the terms.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wait... "wrong" is OK... "sin" is not OK... and that is because sin is mentioned in the Bible. That's not an issue of judgment... You just disagree on the terms.
Nice try.

Deliberate obtuseness is also de rigueuer among the fundies.

"Wrong" is generic. It crosses religious, secular and humanistic lines. It is an ethical term with which most people on the planet can agree.

"Sin" is a Christian construct invented by anonymous primitive men who believed in talking donkeys and fish in which men could live.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Quote:
If you support transgender, are you not saying that God screwed up and made them wrong? That's kinda insulting to God.
Transgenders are saying God made a mistake. They are in the wrong body.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
How long before we start to act like grown-ups? "God" has nothing to do with procreation. People 'make' people.
You would not take your next breath without God's help.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Basically this guy is very similar to "Christians" who love to proclaim they are persecuted for their faith. In his case he wanted to claim he was persecuted for his orientation. Since it was as much a lie as Christian "persecution" I put them all in the same campof liars trying to enhance their own image. Neither are admirable in the least.
Have you looked at the Middle East lately?

Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Nice try.

Deliberate obtuseness is also de rigueuer among the fundies.

"Wrong" is generic. It crosses religious, secular and humanistic lines. It is an ethical term with which most people on the planet can agree.

"Sin" is a Christian construct invented by anonymous primitive men who believed in talking donkeys and fish in which men could live.

So you are saying there is no such thing as sin? Just mistakes maybe?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:09 AM

11,027 posts, read 5,978,490 times
Quote:
No, that is not insulting to God (if God got it wrong then he needs to be more than insulted), it is an insult to the real flesh and blood transgendered!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity