Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 03:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
He also didn't stone sinners--which is what you try to do with many of your posts.
Examples?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Fundametalists complain about being rebuked verbally (which are the only acceptable and legitimate rebukes) as insults and name-calling. ........ I can only assume you don't know the difference between insults and rebukes.
I know you'll bend over backwards to justify such comments, but if you don't think its insulting to that refer to people as "stupid fundamentalists", then it is obviously you who does not understand the difference between a rebuke and insult.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:32 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Fundametalists complain about being rebuked verbally (which are the only acceptable and legitimate rebukes) as insults and name-calling. Then they defend the right to discriminate against and mistreat (in real life) those they THINK are sinners using the excuse of rebuking them. It seems they have trouble understanding what a rebuke actually is and what is mistreatment and discrimination. I would place you among that group based on your complaints in this forum, Finn, IF I knew what you actually do in real life, but I do not know. I can only assume you don't know the difference between insults and rebukes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know you'll bend over backwards to justify such comments, but if you don't think its insulting to that refer to people as "stupid fundamentalists", then it is obviously you who does not understand the difference between a rebuke and insult.
I am defending nothing and my post was not concerning any single post. I am referring to the entire ensemble of posts between fundamentalists and others. Any single post or poster can (and frequently does) cross the line when the discussions heat up. But it is what the fundamentalist DO in real life in their mistreatment and discrimination against those they THINK are sinners that is the focus of the rebukes they receive here.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Examples?
I thought you didn't have any or maybe you are still searching.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:43 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I thought you didn't have any or maybe you are still searching.
Let's let you dig your own grave.

How do you feel spiritually about homosexuality?

We'll start there and see where we go. Here are a few of your links in the first post of the numerous anti-gay threads you have started that tell us much about what lies in your heart:
If you're gay, I want you to know that I don't hate you (and proceeds to be hateful in a "loving" way
Christian Couple Faces $135,000 Fine
Marriage march in DC expects diverse, wide-ranging support :: EWTN News
This Triduum, Pray for Those Fomenting Hatred Against Christians in Indiana | CatholicVote.org
The Strange Notion of Daniel Mattson
Pastors Being Threatened With Fines And Jail Time If They Don't Perform Same Sex Marriage Ceremonies. - Chicks on the Right
Janelle's first line as an intro to the above link: "Don't say gay marriage won't affect you at all, not when this is happening." How's it affected you so far, janelle. Have they shut your church yet? I mean an entire year has gone by since SCOTUS, and the world has not yet collapsed.
The Cultural Shift on Homosexuality, with Joe Dallas | Christian Research Institute
First question from this link include: "What are some ways to support those who speak out against homosexuality?"
Why do You Want to Redefine Marriage? | Catholic Answers
From janelle on this site: "You can listen to this show on gay marriage, plus other issues on the sexual revolution."

Every site you put forward on this subject is judging homosexuals, or holding up others who are judging them. Every one of these posts was a brick that you have thrown at LGBTQ people.

Your grave has been dug. You may jump in it.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 05-24-2016 at 02:26 AM..

Old 05-24-2016, 01:51 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let me ask again - how are gay people judged by Christians?
No matter what anyone would write, you would be Matt Slick and state that your god is doing the judging not you.

That's why I judge fundamentalism as an expression of the anti-christ. Jesus judged those fundamentalist (bible-believing) Pharisees. So it's not me judging, it's my God!

Old 05-24-2016, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
it is what the fundamentalist DO in real life in their mistreatment and discrimination against those they THINK are sinners that is the focus of the rebukes they receive here.
Speaking is DOING. I am talking about what you DO with your keyboard right here. Are your posts not real? You speak about "agape love" while serving the exact opposite. Say what you wish, but quit pretending your actions are even remotely connected to agape love. How do you think you look when you throw feces and say "here is some agape love for you"?

I'll give you a more fitting name: Anti-agape Mystic.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Speaking is DOING. I am talking about what you DO with your keyboard right here. Are your posts not real? You speak about "agape love" while serving the exact opposite. Say what you wish, but quit pretending your actions are even remotely connected to agape love. How do you think you look when you throw feces and say "here is some agape love for you"?

I'll give you a more fitting name: Anti-agape Mystic.
PhD... Pharisee, hater, Do as I say not as I do

Old 05-24-2016, 10:08 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
No matter what anyone would write, you would be Matt Slick and state that your god is doing the judging not you.

That's why I judge fundamentalism as an expression of the anti-christ. Jesus judged those fundamentalist (bible-believing) Pharisees. So it's not me judging, it's my God!

You are like the deer that wandered off by itself and got devoured by the lions. Hopefully Christ will allow you back into fellowshipping with Him.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Let's let you dig your own grave.

How do you feel spiritually about homosexuality?

We'll start there and see where we go. Here are a few of your links in the first post of the numerous anti-gay threads you have started that tell us much about what lies in your heart:
If you're gay, I want you to know that I don't hate you (and proceeds to be hateful in a "loving" way
Christian Couple Faces $135,000 Fine
Marriage march in DC expects diverse, wide-ranging support :: EWTN News
This Triduum, Pray for Those Fomenting Hatred Against Christians in Indiana | CatholicVote.org
The Strange Notion of Daniel Mattson
Pastors Being Threatened With Fines And Jail Time If They Don't Perform Same Sex Marriage Ceremonies. - Chicks on the Right
Janelle's first line as an intro to the above link: "Don't say gay marriage won't affect you at all, not when this is happening." How's it affected you so far, janelle. Have they shut your church yet? I mean an entire year has gone by since SCOTUS, and the world has not yet collapsed.
The Cultural Shift on Homosexuality, with Joe Dallas | Christian Research Institute
First question from this link include: "What are some ways to support those who speak out against homosexuality?"
Why do You Want to Redefine Marriage? | Catholic Answers
From janelle on this site: "You can listen to this show on gay marriage, plus other issues on the sexual revolution."

Every site you put forward on this subject is judging homosexuals, or holding up others who are judging them. Every one of these posts was a brick that you have thrown at LGBTQ people.

Your grave has been dug. You may jump in it.
Oh, so since I post opinions from the other side it's hate? So your position is if anyone disagrees with your view they are hating, bigots? Got it, but that is a very narrow view of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity