Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 11:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your silly threats about your cartoon godling don't frighten me.

But I realize it's all you've got.
And threats are what they are.

Don't be like a fundy and threaten folk, it's bad for your spiritual health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 11:55 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's amusing how someone can say "God bless you" with so much venom and condescension and pompousness. Isn't that taking the name of the Lord in vain?

Well you can read venom, condescension and pompousness into it. I just sincerely wish him Gods blessing and salvation.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's amusing how someone can say "God bless you" with so much venom and condescension and pompousness. Isn't that taking the name of the Lord in vain?
It's a really great way to deflect attention away from their own sins and shortcomings.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:26 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Clothing is what you put on the outside, like claims about what you BELIEVE. That is the sheep's clothing the wolves put on. Christ's Way IS agape love toward one another. That is how His followers are known. Here are just some of the many that constitute the WAY Christ taught His disciples. (I will use agape wherever the word love is used because that is the actual word used). Read these and then tell me again about this evil agape love philosophy that you decry in favor of the sheep's clothing of belief in Christ. Which of us is following Christ His Way???

Galatians 5:6King James Version (KJV)
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by (agape)love.

1 John 3:11 (King James Version)
11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should (agape)love one another.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us (agape)love one another: for (agape)love is of God; and every one that (agape)loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that (agape)loveth not knoweth not God; for God is (agape)love.
John 17:3 (King James Version)
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Colossians 3:12-14New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly (agape)loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on (agape)love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Matthew 22:37-40 King James Version (KJV)
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt (agape)love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt (agape)love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 10:24 (King James Version)
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto (agape)love and to good works:

1 John 4:11-12 (King James Version)
11Beloved, if God so (agape)loved us, we ought also to (agape)love one another.
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we (agape)love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his (agape)love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:16-21 (King James Version)
16 And we have known and believed the (agape)love that God hath to us. God is (agape)love; and he that dwelleth in (agape)love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our (agape)love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in (agape)love; but perfect (agape)love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in (agape)love.
19 We (agape)love him, because he first (agape)loved us.
20 If a man say, I (agape)love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that (agape)loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he (agape)love God whom he hath not seen?
21And this commandment have we from him, That he who (agape)loveth God (agape)love his brother also.

John 13:34 (King James Version)
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye (agape)love one another; as I have (agape)loved you, that ye also (agape)love one another.

John 15:9-10 (King James Version)
9As the Father hath (agape)loved me, so have I (agape)loved you: continue ye in my (agape)love.
10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my (agape)love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his (agape)love.

John 15:12 (King James Version)
12This is my commandment, That ye (agape)love one another, as I have (agape)loved you.

John 15:17 (King James Version)
17These things I command you, that ye (agape)love one another.

1 John 3:23 (King James Version)
23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and (agape)love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Romans 13:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 Owe no man any thing, but to (agape)love one another: for he that (agape)loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt (agape)love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 (agape)Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore (agape)love is the fulfilling of the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You are a false teacher, Mystic ! A wolf in sheep clothing and will find this out one day unless you repent !
Everything in that post is from Christ to His disciples. How is that false teaching, Cyber???? You wear the sheep's clothing of belief in Christ, but are you a follower of Christ in the Way He instructed His followers to be????

Old 07-31-2016, 12:33 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well you can read venom, condescension and pompousness into it. I just sincerely wish him Gods blessing and salvation.
All I can do is read in to the words you write and how you write them. Only God knows your heart, but surely you are aware of how you present yourself on this forum. If you are not aware, maybe that's something you might want to pray about and work on.

It might give you personal satisfaction to use your words to be unkind and condescending, but does that help further God's work in any way? You don't have to answer ME about that.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:35 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's a really great way to deflect attention away from their own sins and shortcomings.
It cheapens the words, though. It's like watching House of Cards, when Francis Underwood is smiling up into everyone's faces as he sharpens the knife he's going to plunge into their backs.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:30 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Everything in that post is from Christ to His disciples. How is that false teaching, Cyber???? You wear the sheep's clothing of belief in Christ, but are you a follower of Christ in the Way He instructed His followers to be????
People can quote the truth, and still apply it falsely. That is why wolves are often so hard to detect for alot of people, their sheeps clothing is made up of enough of truth to deceive people into buying the false application.

Sadly I think you fall into that category, you use bits and pieces of truth with your own application of agape love, to lead people astray from the Truth of the Gospel which is what people need.

We don't need theories on agape love, we don't have agape love (you've abundantly demonstrated you don't have it either, only in theory, but not in your heart) and your theories are useless since they don't offer any solution for our seperation as sinners from a Holy God. We all need salvation, forgiveness of sin and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God, the Lamb of God, the Sacrifice for our sins, all of which is revealed in Gods Word. However much God is agape love, and He loves us in general even though we are sinners, that love and grace won't extend into eternal life if we don't accept it in this life and put our faith in Christ. Like I said, if we reject Him, He will not force us into heaven but will righteously condemn us to hell. Therefore, we need to warn people about the destruction that is coming unless they repent and believe in Christ mystic, proclaiming agape love is sooth saying like the false prophets "peace, peace". And God will judge you for it, so you better make sure you are on the right track here because so far I have seen many sincere believers on this forum calling you out as a false prophet and questioning your faith.

Bottom line, the Gospel is not agape love, the Gospel is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why do you assume that the Spirit and the written word will disagree? Jesus (who promised the Spirit) quoted scripture. If you use only half of Jesus' words to develop your theology, you have bad theology.
I DON'T assume that the Spirit and what you call "the written word" will disagree, I see where it DOES, and I see the inconsistencies in that "written word" that fundies gloss over and I see the hoops theologians have to jump through to come up with their various "Systematic theologies." If you were honest with yourself, you would too.

You keep saying that I use only half of His recorded words, but you have yet to show any proportion that I deny. It's all in your head. and I HAVE asked you to demonstrate your assertion several times.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
People can quote the truth, and still apply it falsely. That is why wolves are often so hard to detect for alot of people, their sheeps clothing is made up of enough of truth to deceive people into buying the false application.

Sadly I think you fall into that category, you use bits and pieces of truth with your own application of agape love, to lead people astray from the Truth of the Gospel which is what people need.

We don't need theories on agape love, we don't have agape love (you've abundantly demonstrated you don't have it either, only in theory, but not in your heart) and your theories are useless since they don't offer any solution for our seperation as sinners from a Holy God. We all need salvation, forgiveness of sin and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God, the Lamb of God, the Sacrifice for our sins, all of which is revealed in Gods Word. However much God is agape love, and He loves us in general even though we are sinners, that love and grace won't extend into eternal life if we don't accept it in this life and put our faith in Christ. Like I said, if we reject Him, He will not force us into heaven but will righteously condemn us to hell. Therefore, we need to warn people about the destruction that is coming unless they repent and believe in Christ mystic, proclaiming agape love is sooth saying like the false prophets "peace, peace". And God will judge you for it, so you better make sure you are on the right track here because so far I have seen many sincere believers on this forum calling you out as a false prophet and questioning your faith.

Bottom line, the Gospel is not agape love, the Gospel is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Of a truth, a soothsaying spirit, pride and rebellion are a powerful 3 way cord not easily broken. Peace

Old 07-31-2016, 03:13 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I DON'T assume that the Spirit and what you call "the written word" will disagree, I see where it DOES, and I see the inconsistencies in that "written word" that fundies gloss over and I see the hoops theologians have to jump through to come up with their various "Systematic theologies." If you were honest with yourself, you would too.
Amen, nate!! There is no need to assume they conflict. The contradictions and inconsistencies are blatant but only if the passages are interpreted using the CONTEXT of a wrathful God who needed to be appeased by the barbaric blood sacrifice of innocents. Using the CONTEXT of a God who IS agape love, the truth is revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity