Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 03:24 PM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Spirits are really shy, they don't want you to know they are there but if you truly did know they were there and they knew you knew and there was nothing they could do to convince you otherwise, well then you can have a conversation with them after that, ya see lol. Guess everyone knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 03:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Spirits are really shy, they don't want you to know they are there but if you truly did know they were there and they knew you knew and there was nothing they could do to convince you otherwise, well then you can have a conversation with them after that, ya see lol. Guess everyone knows that.
Maybe tell them to go to the Light?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Maybe tell them to go to the Light?

You go into a very still place with no wind, you light some incense or maybe a cigar or even a cigarette, and you give it a sec to see if it will be cute, if not, you ask a question and he either knows you know him or not. If you do not, then he will not answer you. If he knows for sure that you know, then he is already terrified and he is like a snake in your hand that must answer everything told to him. He could be a living and breathing 3 d animal smiling at you, and maybe one day you will fall into somebody yourself, and as a dolphin jumps from the water, you can jump from a cloud of smoke with a big smile.

That prophet that went and brought up Samuel, it was the smoke ya see, the smoke is the Meridian between God and man and no man may get to God other than that smoke which is lifted up as prayers and if the priest should ask a question, the answer would be in the smoke because he knew somebody was there.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:42 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You seem to believe you can discern people's relationship's with God. Umm...no. FYI: I KNOW God is good. I don't need to "taste of the Lord". Been there. Done that. Have the souvenir t-shirt.

I have no trouble sharing my beliefs with people. I've lost track of how many times people say something like, "The world would be a better place if there were more Christians like you." (Which usually embarrasses me, for a variety of reasons, but it is what it is.) They say that not because of what I believe but because of how I conduct my life. Which is to follow Jesus....not a book or a cult or a guru or a decoded Bible. Feed people. Help the poor. Visit the sick. Hold a door for a little old lady. Don't honk at people when their driving annoys you. Buy a cup of coffee for the homeless guy who sleeps on the bus bench.

What I don't do is tell people, "You simply must try my beliefs. They are the bestest ever and superior to whatever it is you believe." And I don't tell them "believe what I believe or the devil will have you." That's nothing but religious blackmail and fear mongering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
See, this is why I want to be like Dew when I grow up.
This why you are two of my favorite posters!!

Old 07-04-2016, 03:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You seem to believe you can discern people's relationship's with God. Umm...no. FYI: I KNOW God is good. I don't need to "taste of the Lord". Been there. Done that. Have the souvenir t-shirt.

I have no trouble sharing my beliefs with people. I've lost track of how many times people say something like, "The world would be a better place if there were more Christians like you." (Which usually embarrasses me, for a variety of reasons, but it is what it is.) They say that not because of what I believe but because of how I conduct my life. Which is to follow Jesus....not a book or a cult or a guru or a decoded Bible. Feed people. Help the poor. Visit the sick. Hold a door for a little old lady. Don't honk at people when their driving annoys you. Buy a cup of coffee for the homeless guy who sleeps on the bus bench.

What I don't do is tell people, "You simply must try my beliefs. They are the bestest ever and superior to whatever it is you believe." And I don't tell them "believe what I believe or the devil will have you." That's nothing but religious blackmail and fear mongering.

Now see, I opened my heart to you and what did you do? Slam me all the more. So much for your agape love. His love would have recognized a pure motive. And you seem to be able to discern who does good works and who does not. What makes you think I haven't done all of those things you listed? Peace

Old 07-04-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have plenty of abilities but Rbbi1 only thinks they can expose me, it's like saying a person is an alien but the alien looks like a human and so nobody sees it, nor could they unless of course the alien wanted to play.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

Smile, only meaning to get smiles.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. The way to expose him is to discriminate for him and only do things out of the Spirit of agape love for everyone involved. The Serpent has NO ability to discriminate between good and evil responses to our drives and urges. We must do it for him.

Wrong. Man has no idea apart from the Spirit of G-d, how to do anything of lasting spiritual value. And the lawless one, hates the law, not people professing agape love apart from His Spirit manifesting it. Peace

Old 07-04-2016, 04:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Now see, I opened my heart to you and what did you do? Slam me all the more. So much for your agape love. His love would have recognized a pure motive. And you seem to be able to discern who does good works and who does not. What makes you think I haven't done all of those things you listed? Peace
She didn't say you hadn't.

However, whether she was speaking of you in this part:
Quote:
or not, that IS how your posts come across to me.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
So much for your agape love. His love would have recognized a pure motive.
Uh, oh. I've apparently flunked the "Has God's Love" test. Oh, well. I also flunked the math portion of my SAT's in a rather spectacular fashion yet managed to graduate from college with more than one degree and membership in a rather snooty academic fraternity.

That's today's parable. You're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity