Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 02:48 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Thank you!

Richard is right about one thing, some one is lying. I don't think it's Matthew.
And as a matter of fact, one of the most important prophecies in the Old Testament concerning Israel was given to Daniel and is recorded in Daniel 9:24-27.
Dan. 9:24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25] "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26] "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27] "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
The beginning of the fulfillment of this 70 weeks (of years) prophecy most likely commenced with the decree by Artaxerxes Longimanus in 444 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem's city walls (Nehemiah 2:1-8). Some hold to different dates, but I hold to this one. The first 69 weeks of years of this prophecy were fulfilled with Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem riding on a colt (Matthew 21), shortly after which Jesus was crucified (Then after the sixty-two weeks [which followed the first seven weeks of the prophecy] the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing. . .) (Daniel 9:26). Then in A.D. 70 the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed by the legions of Titus - (and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. (Daniel 9:26).

As a dispensationalist I hold to the view that the 70th week of the prophecy is still to be fulfilled, and will be with the future seven year Tribulation which will take place shortly after the Church has been raptured. There are those who disagree. I'm not going to argue about it here. My point is simply that Daniel the prophet was given one of the most important prophecies in the Old Testament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 03:29 PM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And as a matter of fact, one of the most important prophecies in the Old Testament concerning Israel was given to Daniel and is recorded in Daniel 9:24-27.
Dan. 9:24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25] "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26] "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27] "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
The beginning of the fulfillment of this 70 weeks (of years) prophecy most likely commenced with the decree by Artaxerxes Longimanus in 444 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem's city walls (Nehemiah 2:1-8). Some hold to different dates, but I hold to this one. The first 69 weeks of years of this prophecy were fulfilled with Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem riding on a colt (Matthew 21), shortly after which Jesus was crucified (Then after the sixty-two weeks [which followed the first seven weeks of the prophecy] the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing. . .) (Daniel 9:26). Then in A.D. 70 the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed by the legions of Titus - (and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. (Daniel 9:26).
Which was my point in an earlier post. The book of Daniel used to be very important to the Jews and he was a prophet. They knew of the prophecy. Another poster is accusing Christians of 'suddenly' making him a prophet. The truth, the Jews called him a prophet first. However, it appears that some have proclaimed themselves as the keepers of what the Bible actually says. The 'suddenly' as someone said, really is that Daniel was 'suddenly' demoted as a prophet. There are those that claim they declare what is good and what is bad in the Bible. Exalted themselves as one who controls God's Word. I don't name people because I am not seeking a fight. Yet, I see no reason to discuss anything with those who think so highly of themselves. It would be better for some if they just didn't believe in the Bible rather than claim they control it. One can't discuss anything with a person that is going to change the very Bible in their hand as they please. Some try to cover the fact they are changing the Bible to suit themselves...not those that claim they control the Word of God though. They openly own up to the fact they will change the Bible to what they want when they want. Nothing good will come with speaking with such a person.

IMO absolutely no religion, group, nation, organization or man of any sort controls God's Word.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 07-19-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 07:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
No, you don't. And Jesus was a Jew, as was the writer of the Gospel of Matthew.
Yes we do...

Old 07-19-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
No, the abomination of desolation which is indeed spoken of in Daniel 9:27 is not Titus. Even if it had been, which is wasn't, it would still be a prophesy written by Daniel the prophet, of an event in the future relative to Daniel's time. The abomination of desolation refers to the prince who is to come (Daniel 9:26), called the man of lawlessness in 2 Thessalonians 2, seating himself in the temple during the last half of the Tribulation. Titus destroyed the temple. He didn't seat himself in the temple as God. But I've already been over this with you earlier in the thread. You will of course continue to deny it, and I won't waste my time arguing about it.
The reason you won't waste your time is that you're wrong...Daniel is not prophecy, it is writings...As you have been told...It is Jewish scripture so Jews know better than you do....What came first, the chicken or the egg?...

Old 07-19-2016, 07:49 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The reason you won't waste your time is that you're wrong...Daniel is not prophecy, it is writings...As you have been told...It is Jewish scripture so Jews know better than you do....What came first, the chicken or the egg?...
The book of Daniel is grouped with the writings. No one denies that. However, as has been shown, the book of Daniel contains prophecy. Only someone who is incredibly ignorant, stupid, or has an agenda would deny that fact. And you will continue to deny that fact. That's why I won't waste my time arguing with you. By the way, being a Jew in itself means nothing and doesn't automatically make you an expert on the Old Testament scriptures.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-19-2016 at 08:03 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
The book of Daniel is grouped with the writings. No one denies that. However, as has been shown, the book of Daniel contains prophecy. Only someone who is incredibly ignorant, stupid, or has an agenda would deny that fact. And you will continue to deny that fact. That's why I won't waste my time arguing with you. By the way, being a Jew in itself means nothing and doesn't automatically make you an expert on the Old Testament scriptures.
Yea, it does...

Old 07-20-2016, 01:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
@ Richard1965.....thanks for the list. Peace

Old 07-20-2016, 01:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Good post Richard.
Good post indeed.
Although there may seem to be precepts in place that are inherently precluding thoughts on the shechinah.

Some may know of the glory by word of mouth. While others have experienced the glory in Word, and are having a difficult time in expressing the experience.

Opening and shutting of doors.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

The Jewish --rejected the one sent forth to them from God so he had to cut them off-Matt 23:37-39-- until they say blessed is the one who comes in YHWH(Jehovah)' name.
It is clear at 38 it says --they will not see YHWH(Jehovah) again until they do it means God is not with them anymore--they have outright refused to this day.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Jewish --rejected the one sent forth to them from God so he had to cut them off-Matt 23:37-39-- until they say blessed is the one who comes in YHWH(Jehovah)' name.
It is clear at 38 it says --they will not see YHWH(Jehovah) again until they do it means God is not with them anymore--they have outright refused to this day.
This is about Daniel...Not about Matthew...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity