Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Here is something cited from Rashi.

And until destruction and extermination befall the dumb one:
And the ruling of the abomination will endure until the day that the destruction and extermination decreed upon it (will) befall it, in the days of the king Messiah.

Earlier in his notes he mentions high. Or wing.
Who do you suppose will show us the Order of Melchizedec?

Abstain from meat sacrificed to idols 365 days
Do what?...What order?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Enough said really. Your second post answers your own previous post.

The Holy Scriptures belong to Jehovah. Show me in the Word of God where it says in belongs to Jews.

I mean wow! Even elitist who think they were picked to go to heaven before the Earth was made don't utter such things like they control the Bible because they think it belongs to them. Wow! It's just...wow!

I must warn you. "Though Jehovah is high, he takes note of the humble, But the haughty he knows only from a distance." - Psalms 138:6
"God opposes the haughty ones.." - James 4:6

Needless to say, I do not believe you not at all in your mistaken authority over the Bible. And really I don't have much else to say to someone that thinks so highly of themselves that they control the Word of God...wow! You'd be better off saying that you don't believe in the Bible like most other people.
Ironicly...It is you who thinks that you control the bible...You steal it from the Jews and then try to wipe us out by either forced conversion or death...When did we ever force anyone to become a Jew under threat of death?...Don't worry, I got your number...

Old 07-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Jewish have been cut off until they accomplish Matt 23:37-39. They are in spiritual darkness.
The Jewish, reject the NT. They reject the one sent forth by God to them. Pride got in the way 2000 years ago. They were expecting a mighty king to destroy the romans on the spot--a mere carpenters son showed up with a new covenant = love.
You really have no clue...You only think you do because you've been lied to...

Old 07-12-2016, 03:29 PM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Jewish have been cut off until they accomplish Matt 23:37-39. They are in spiritual darkness.
The Jewish, reject the NT. They reject the one sent forth by God to them. Pride got in the way 2000 years ago. They were expecting a mighty king to destroy the romans on the spot--a mere carpenters son showed up with a new covenant = love.
And they rejected him for it.

"But the house of Israel will refuse to listen to you, for they do not want to listen to me. All those of the house of Israel are hardheaded and hardhearted." Ezekiel 3:7

Over and over Israel has acted like the above...it is really sad.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:10 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks for the prayers. You are in mine as well.
Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

From Daniel 7:2, the origin of the beasts,
. . . And behold the four winds of heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts, different one from another, came up out of the sea.

Thus, the origin of the beasts is the four winds of heaven, a logical source of religious beliefs that are God-breathed or inspired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, Daniel is not a prophecy...
Why do you have such trouble understanding that prophecy is validated after-the-fact, NOT prospectively by the expectations and interpretations of the Jews. That would be Divination which is prohibited. The facts speak for themselves and they validate some of Daniel as prophecy.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:44 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:

"But the house of Israel will refuse to listen to you, for they do not want to listen to me. All those of the house of Israel are hardheaded and hardhearted." Ezekiel 3:7

Not necessarilly.

They have not forsaken their first Love.

When the mystery is fullfilled they will see the Son of Man.
Yeshayahu 52
,for the Lord goes before you, and the G-d of Israel is your rear guard.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
You really have no clue...You only think you do because you've been lied to...

Reality says it you who are believing lies.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:42 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:

Yes I agree. Alls they had to do was listen to Jesus and they would still be Gods chosen.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:51 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:

Just think;

When they sinned they were punished. In the beginning a few died, then the Nation was controlled off and on again by the Philistines, finally it got so bad that they were exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon for 70 years. We all know they did not listen to or obey God and each time it got worse. On the return to Jerusalem they no longer had a king, the Urim and Thummin nor the Ark.

OK, in 70AD Jerusalem was destroyed and by 81 AD the land was totally conquered. Now there is no legitimate priesthood, no temple, no restoration of the kingship and they have a secular Government, only a very small section of the land is under their control and no tribal divisions/inheritance.

What did the Jews do that was so bad that for nearly 2000 years they have not had God's blessing?????

They rejected His son and killed him. Nothing else in their history from 539 BC when they returned from Babylon to 70AD was as bad as what they had done before, so the ongoing punishment is for the absolute worst thing they could do. They killed God's son the Messiah.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:57 PM

689 posts, read 549,218 times
Quote:
According to the sages, everything took place in the Middle East (i.e. Babylon, Persia, Media, Alexander of Macedon, etc.) and this is why it is not listed in the prophecies but rather under writings...You must first understand what a Hebrew prophet was before you can understand why...
Sages are humans. They are not more accurate than God Himself. Christianity is based off that the Jews failed to reckon both John the Baptist and Jesus to be the prophets sent, then they are no longer a message carrier of God.

We trust that Jesus is more accurate for God's message to be conveyed through Him.

Matthew 24:15
Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity