Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 04:55 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It is those who START with the words written instead of the Spirit and the known characteristics of the Spirit, trying to figure out what the words MEAN rather than knowing what the Spirit is saying.
Those truly born again KNOW the can only understand the written word if they are guided by the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Man has always made rules to govern a civil society.
Often times, the rules change for various reasons.

Man's rules change, God's do not.

Quote:
And each of those topics are debatable.
When you remove the veil of ignorance.
Not to God. If you ever remove your veil of ignorance you will see the truth.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Those truly born again KNOW the can only understand the written word if they are guided by the Holy Spirit.
I know from a belief like this you don't even recognize the spirit. The written word points you how to know the Holy Spirit. In other words the Holy Spirit is not for understanding the bible ...... The scriptures are for you to believe him who said if you believe him, by the Holy Spirit you will know and understand God.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That depends on whether you are like the rest of bible fundamentalist who are sin conscious rather than God conscious.
As I have said more than once, those using the word "fundamentalist" including you, don't understand what it means.

Quote:
To be spiritually minded is life and peace.... to be flesh minded is sin and death.
Good verse, so what's your point? Are you accusing me of being flesh minded?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my MIND am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

It might help you to do some study on the believers 2 natures.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
I believe you just found your answer to your question - there is no good reason.
Only an obstinate, wicked, egotistical human being would contrive such an action.

God's ways are not our ways.

God's ways are always perfect, man's is not.

Will you really annul My judgment?
Will you condemn Me that you may be justified? Job 40:8

Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
As I have said more than once, those using the word "fundamentalist" including you, don't understand what it means.

Good verse, so what's your point? Are you accusing me of being flesh minded?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my MIND am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

It might help you to do some study on the believers 2 natures.
The word fundamentalist in its true meaning is perfectly acceptable, but in this day and age it means something else.

You cannot serve both at the same time.... You are one or the other. The fact that all bible fundamentalists are always talking about sin and what they assume is sin in others clearly proves they are sin not God conscious.

It might help for you to believe him who the scriptures testify of.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
The dogma of the world has been written down for you.
And when you give a man a script, he will do his best to follow it.

When I was converted, I threw the script I was using and got the one God wants me to use.

Quote:
Even, if he errors along the way:
I still error plenty but now I have a Advocate.

Quote:
For man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors,
when too deeply immersed in them.
If He knows the script given by his heavenly Father, he will comprehend them.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
You are responsible for your own thoughts, deeds and actions.

I have NEVER denied that.

Quote:
And don't underestimate or assume who, or what I AM.
And don't underestimate or assume who or what I am.

[quote]While you exalt yourself.
/quote]

While you exalt yourself.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That last qualifier makes everything you have said total BS if your God can make what is bad somehow be good. We were warned about those who call evil good and good evil. I would be concerned about which Spirit you are following if good isn't ALWAYS good and evil ALWAYS evil.
You are assuming that if you think something God requires is bad, it is bad. When you become omniscient, get back to me. When they say MysticPhd is love, get back to me.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
You are assuming that if you think something God requires is bad, it is bad. When you become omniscient, get back to me. When they say MysticPhd is love, get back to me.
So what you are saying is things that appear bad are not necessarily bad. Please explain how you determine this yourself by the bad things that you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity