Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 04:33 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The one above, which you failed to comprehend, until then, ...

...you will continue to justify things according to your own understanding.

Too vague. Spell it out if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. Jesus clearly said there is more He has to tell us than is written.
Actually Jesus did not say that. John said there are many more things Jesus did which if hey wsere written in detaly the world would not contain them...

Quote:
God did not make a book written by men His Word.
That's right, He inspired them to exactly write what He told them. How do you determin wh in the Bible is from God and wht is f rom men?

Quote:
Jesus is the Living Word of God and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth
Where do we find this truth?

Quote:
God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. The letter kills bu the Spirit gives life.
What does God write on our hearts?

Old 08-22-2016, 05:21 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
A question for those who carry the virus of dehumanization: How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices, manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Let me know when you can answer this question, until then, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Too vague. Spell it out if you can.
THERE is the question, identified AS a question for people who don't seem to recognize inhumanity in action.
What are you having trouble with? "Cognitive dissonance?" Try "serious contradictions in their understanding."

What is it? Is the idea that God did it, so it's ok even though anyone else doing it would be horrible?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:20 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
But are they not saying the same thing about it being nonsense?
You either know in your heart what is right or wrong, or you don't.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. Typical liberal.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:01 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Jesus clearly said there is more He has to tell us than is written. God did not make a book written by men His Word. Jesus is the Living Word of God and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. The letter kills bu the Spirit gives life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Actually Jesus did not say that. John said there are many more things Jesus did which if hey wsere written in detaly the world would not contain them...
Is John only quoting Jesus when YOU think he is???
Quote:
That's right, He inspired them to exactly write what He told them. How do you determin wh in the Bible is from God and wht is f rom men?
Inspiration is NOT dictation. Inspirations have to be interpreted by the receive using their lack of knowledge, understanding, barbaric beliefs, and superstitions.We know what is from God by testing the Spirit of what is written against the Holy Spirit of agape (Who IS God). If it is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love it is NOT from God or Jesus.
Quote:
Where do we find this truth?
Where God has written it - in our hearts in agape love.
Quote:
What does God write on our hearts?
Everything He wants us to know and do - love Him and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You should pay attention Finn to what you are saying(justifying why you sin) and go further back from where i jumped in.
I have old you before, youn eed some lessons in reading betwee the lines. I have never tried to justify my sins.

Quote:
You have God somewhere up in the skies whose ways are higher than yours rather than looking at what the scripture is saying.
Where do you think I was looking to quote "God's ways are higher than mine.

Quote:
God is not saying you cannot have my higher ways and higher thoughts because i am higher up than you on these things, he is saying they are yours so you do not have to live the miserable difficult existence you've created for yourself by your belief of separation and using your miserable excuse of being a man who sins for not living by his higher ways and thoughts.
Is your reading comprehension really that low? I have not said or even implied that I cannot have higher ways or thoughts. I will post slower if it will help you understand better.

Quote:
Take upon yourself his higher ways and thoughts and you will quit talking like you are a loser/sinner and you'll also quit assuming what is sin in others too at the same time.
I have never said or implied I am a loser. I freely admit i am a sinner, but that does not make me a loser. Do you admit you are a sinner?

Old 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You mean the criteria in not WRITTEN ion the great book of myths?
Evidence? Evidence, would make your statement more convincing.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 AM

[quote=zthatzmanz28;45214716][quote=omega2xx;45210976][quote=zthatzmanz28;45207771][quote=omega2xx;45207752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what you are saying is things that appear bad are not necessarily bad.

The source of "sin" is in your head..

HUH? Why can we not do what we choose?
Do you always do what you choose. Do you always do what is right?

Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
THERE is the question, identified AS a question for people who don't seem to recognize inhumanity in action.
What are you having trouble with? "Cognitive dissonance?" Try "serious contradictions in their understanding."
What seious contradiction in our understanding? Be specific/

Quote:
What is it? Is the idea that God did it, so it's ok even though anyone else doing it would be horrible?
God did what? Be specific.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Is John only quoting Jesus when YOU think he is???
When I read something John says Jesus said, I don't THINK he is quoting Jesus, i KNOW he is.

Quote:
Inspiration is NOT dictation.
If it isn't, then we cannot know for sure the Bible is God's inspired word.

Quote:
Inspirations have to be interpreted by the receive using their lack of knowledge, understanding, barbaric beliefs, and superstitions.
What God inspired man to write did not depend on the writer to interpret wht Go said. God tole them specifically what to write.

Quote:
We know what is from God by testing the Spirit of what is written against the Holy Spirit of agape (Who IS God). If it is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love it is NOT from God or Jesus. Where God has written it - in our hearts in agape love. Everything He wants us to know and do - love Him and each other every day and repent when we don't.
We only know what is from God if it in His word. If it is not in the Bible, we have no way of knowing if it is from God.

I agree with your last sentence. That is basically the greatest commandment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity