Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 11:43 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imajeenyus View Post
Doesn't common sense tell you to not escalate hate? I don't have to love someone to realize I can diffuse a hateful situation by being rational.

Being rational is one thing, but when you have caught a thief red handed pulling a 20 out of your wallet there is a rational order of things, but what takes place when you have grabbed your wallet out of his hands and pulled out 40 to hand it to him, and then you hug him with love and with a smile?

Something takes place, a supernatural thing whereby you have cut a man in half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 03:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
True, if someone feels hated, they should then diffuse the situation by showing love.

Fine let us see the LGBT community for example, who feel hated (Even if not), show love for those who disagree with them.

Let us see the "agape love" crowd (Claimed) show love for a change, to those who do not accept their view.

Let's see the Liberal Bible non believers show love.

Should make for a definite change in tone in so many posts.
It is THOSE who profess to be following Christ who are called to show love instead of hate. Why would you single out the LGBT community at large and demand that they demonstrate Christ's love. They are a large group of individuals - not all of the same beliefs, etc. You seem to have missed the point, unfortunately. Can you ever stop beating on gay people? Maybe not.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:15 AM

Just dropped in for a moment and I see the same dead horses are being beaten. Sigh........

Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, it has always been the various perceptions of men.
Predicated on their understanding within the framework of time.

I see we are being dragged back to the book of Deuteronomy as usual. Such discussions are so tiring.
I have to work for a living. I could never spend a lot of time in these threads, and even if I had all free time, I just would not want to.

But it's nice to see that my friends are still around keeping the fires burning. I love you all.

▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒███▒▒██▒▒███▒▒▒
▒▒██▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒██▒▒
▒██▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒██▒
▒██▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒██▒
▒██▒▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒
▒▒██▒██▒██▒██▒██▒▒
▒▒▒███▒▒██▒▒███▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒ PEACE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity