Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 05:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
DUDE, I have never heard of that Kierkegaard, and I don't even know why you are including me in this conversation at all. The temple is built in 3 sections to shadow the 3 sections of heaven and I get this from Hebrews.

I don't really keep up on what you and Rbb1 are talking about but we don't even see eye to eye on everything but that the sections do represent what we are and we are a temple.

I am not in the same religion Rbb1 is in, I am not a Pentecostal, I don't have the Holy spirit and everyone has different understandings of things, but don't come on here saying that I took my opinion from somebody I have never heard of.

If I believe in water baptism and being born again, I'm a Baptist. If I believe in the virgin birth, I'm a Catholic, if I believe in the baptism in the Spirit, I'm Pentecostal, if I believe in keeping the feasts and eating Kosher, I'm a Jew. If I believe in the kingdom of G-d being within us, I'm Kingdom. See any problem with this at all? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, you are ignoring what it clearly saying in favor of what you have learnt from your books. It's why fundamentalists are the biggest sinners on the face of the earth, for we are all that which we have given our attention to.

Once again, BOOK. Speak for yourself. I believe I stopped conversing with you for lying some time ago, and it is clear I need to do it again. Peace

Old 09-12-2016, 05:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Once again, BOOK. Speak for yourself. I believe I stopped conversing with you for lying some time ago, and it is clear I need to do it again. Peace
Books, i was not born yesterday. Give over, all you know is from books and have brought nothing to the table that could be considered spiritual, because that's impossible when you do not have a clue about the characteristics of the spirit.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Books, i was not born yesterday. Give over, all you know is from books and have brought nothing to the table that could be considered spiritual, because that's impossible when you do not have a clue about the characteristics of the spirit.

And you continue to lie and harp on the same ones. Tell me some more about your "agape love". Peace

Old 09-12-2016, 06:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
And you continue to lie and harp on the same ones. Tell me some more about your "agape love". Peace
I believe that you are not telling the truth when you say all the stuff you are deluding yourself to be divine revelation, has not come from books.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I believe that you are not telling the truth when you say all the stuff you are deluding yourself to be divine revelation, has not come from books.

Yes, well you're entitled to your opinion, but it's not the truth. Done. Peace

Old 09-12-2016, 06:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Well, at least she didn't set fire to it right there in the bookstore.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:04 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
My God characteristic list includes: Loving (wishes returned love), Judgmental, commanding via covenants /laws, spirit, manifesting three roles (Godhead yet ONE), omnipresent , almighty, creator of the universe, sacrificing , healing (the great physician), forgiving, author of harbingers, merciful, purveyor of wrath, curses, blessings, key to understanding ( HS role), resurrected savior ( Yesuha),

Old 09-12-2016, 10:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The rod or staff was not meant to be used as a whipping stick, across the backs of others.
Quote:
So you really think my coming against a "science" that is roughly 150 years old and using it as a measure, as opposed to using the Word of G-d, is using the rod across the backs of others, do you? Peace
The buttocks is on the backside, but there is no reason to smack a child with a wooden paddle.
But rest in peace - because I do not agree with all the "psycho-babble" that is in this world.

Psychobabble is a form of speech or writing that uses psychological jargon, buzzwords.
Or esoteric language to create an impression of truth or plausibility.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
If you had turned all that on yourself FIRST, you could have had license to use them. But you don't apply any scripture to yourself, because you're too busy denigrating them. Therefore by the same measure YOU mete out, the same is measured unto you. Peace
You are simply one of many hypocrites claiming to be christian. Over and over you kept telling me not to take the ideas of men. And you hinted that all your knowledge is direct from the Bible. Now we know you lied because I showed where all you have claimed was presented by a "man."

What you should be is ashamed of yourself. But you are not because your life is ruled, not by the God of love, but by your hubris.

You may BS yourself, but the rest of us know that your talk of Jeeeeessssuuuuussss is but just that--talk.

As a hint about the kind of church that exhibits God in His totality I offer from the back of today's Sunday bulletin of the little United Methodist Church that I sometimes attend:

Quote:
We believe that the love and grace of God is available to all people and that all people have the opportunity to respond to God's call. Therefore, whatever your situation or background, your age or race, your sexual orientation or gender identity, your political leanings or your theological foundations, you are welcome to join us and explore what it means to be a part of the family of God.
The pastor just graduated from Asbury Seminary and has no problem with seeing God speak through the culture of each time period that He oversees, although he is quite conservative in his doctrinal approaches compared to me.

No one is a special snowflake at that little church of about 30-35 members (I am not a member, as the UM Conference still has prejudicial language in their guides with regard to how it treats homosexuals). We do have one family that have an adult homosexual son. He is as welcome as anyone. No one lords it over another with their special "I'm in the inner court" garbage. That is so anti-Jesus it is hard to express.

But here is another verse of Scripture that you ignore in order to uphold your "specialness" with your god:
Quote:
But they were silent, for on the way they had been arguing with each other which of them was the greatest. Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the last of all and the servant of all
Mark 9:34-35
Quote:
But you shall not be like them. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who leads like the one who serves.
Luke 22:26

So lord it over us with that "special" knowledge. I'll walk around in the outer court and be satisfied being servant to those you wouldn't trouble to be concerned with. It is there where the people God loves do walk. The Pharisees were the ones looking to sit at the head of the table.

Selah!

Last edited by Wardendresden; 09-12-2016 at 10:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity